Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's unfortunately not universally true. TACC+AS often shows that behaviour, but TACC without AS more often does not, neither slows the car down nor speeds it up. Tesla years ago told me it's a matter of whether the detected speed limit matches with what's in the database, and what category road it is.
That kind of variable behaviour is frustrating. The driver can't predict what is in the car's database, and therefore whether it will respect the speed signs or not. I would much rather it be predictable and consistent.

I also have seen no sign of Charge on Solar. To be fair to Tesla, I only saw it promised by the Driven website, and don't know where they were getting their information from. On the other hand, Tesla promised it ages ago and I would really like them to deliver ASAP.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
I also have seen no sign of Charge on Solar. To be fair to Tesla, I only saw it promised by the Driven website, and don't know where they were getting their information from. On the other hand, Tesla promised it ages ago and I would really like them to deliver ASAP.

Yeah id wait to hear it from Tesla, they are not counting on your clicks for income :)

2024.2.6 installed today. Only new item in release notes is "Time Until Charging Starts - When you arrive and plug in, if your vehicle battery has not warmed up enough, you’ll now see how long it will be until DC fast charging starts." So not much use in Australia (even in Tassie!)

Not sure if there are any undocumented changes that haven't been noticed yet.

Dont think will of that much use in Australia, would have liked the option to manually pre-heat the battery however.

One other feature apparently is that the app will remind you if you are at your "home" location and the battery is below 50%, prompting you not to forget to plug in. It's one that i think is useful.

using TACC, why does it sometimes not change the max speed to match the speed limit? This morning from 60 speed limit to 80 speed limit, it kept the max speed to 60. I had to manually adjust the max speed via the right scroll button.
What am I doing wrong?
It is working as designed as @OzVic said.

Shortcut to get it to go to current speed (plus any offset you have set) is to simply tap the speed limit on the screen and TACC will automatically increase speed to the current limit plus offset.

I keep forgetting how to turn TACC off without tapping the brake. I thought it was a quick down-press on the stalk, as if to turn it on again, and that would turn it off if it is already on. But that doesn’t work.
Push the right stalk up.

My problem is that there is no way to turn Autosteer off without turning TACC all the way off as well. Turning TACC off abruptly activates full regeneration. The only way to avoid that is to apply throttle, preferably just the right amount of throttle to allow a smooth transition to manual driving. I would prefer that TACC turn off abruptly (full regen) if I hit the brake and more gently if I push up on the stalk.

I keep forgetting how to turn TACC off without tapping the brake. I thought it was a quick down-press on the stalk, as if to turn it on again, and that would turn it off if it is already on. But that doesn’t work.

Push the right stalk up.

My problem is that there is no way to turn Autosteer off without turning TACC all the way off as well. Turning TACC off abruptly activates full regeneration. The only way to avoid that is to apply throttle, preferably just the right amount of throttle to allow a smooth transition to manual driving. I would prefer that TACC turn off abruptly (full regen) if I hit the brake and more gently if I push up on the stalk.

Ahh #stalk-lyf :)

With us stalkless folks when autosteer goes off (ie change lanes etc) TACC resumes, double press right wheel to resume. Can be a bit finicky with the timing but generally ok

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Ahh #stalk-lyf :)

With us stalkless folks when autosteer goes off (ie change lanes etc) TACC resumes, double press right wheel to resume. Can be a bit finicky with the timing but generally ok
I still do not understand why tesla tacc and lane keeping needs to drop out if the driver goes around something or changes lanes. It is an obsolete operation method that tesla should have dealt with by now.

Reactions: dronus
My problem is that there is no way to turn Autosteer off without turning TACC all the way off as well. Turning TACC off abruptly activates full regeneration.
It doesn't actually. It activates a small amount of regeneration, which then after a couple of seconds ramps into full regeneration.

If you want to turn Autosteer off and retain TACC, you can override the steering, but that can be uncomfortable.

The other way is to simply push the stalk up and then down again, deactivating both and then immediately re-activating TACC. If you want that to be smooth - be ready with the accelerator to override any regeneration that might bother you.

It's a skill, but it's a skill worth developing while random "slow-downs" occur during any type of TACC operation - I'm learned to be ready at all times to override TACC with accelerator (with the caveat that TACC might actually be slowing down for a very good reason, so some care required, it might actually be saving someone's life for a change rather than just pissing you off).

I suppose I could also go into asking what are the scenarios when do you want to deactivate Autosteer and keep TACC? For me it is when I want go around a pothole on the freeway, or I am mistrusting what the traffic around me is doing (e.g. car moving uncomfortably close in the adjacent lane). Depending on the scenario, I will either just override steering (sudden event), or just push up on right stalk deactivating both, deal with the problem while modulating accelerator, and then re-engage both when conditions return to normal. It usually depends how much notice I get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
It doesn't actually. It activates a small amount of regeneration, which then after a couple of seconds ramps into full regeneration.
I probably didn't write that quite accurately. A more correct observation would be: "It activates a small amount of regeneration (maybe 20% or less), which then ramps into full regeneration, reaching full regeneration a couple of seconds after disconnect."

The point being that those couple of seconds are ample time for you to feed in accelerator pressure if full regeneration is not desired. If that's not enough time for your foot to get to and feed in accelerator pressure, then it's time to reconsider your level of attentiveness and your preparedness to takeover. This is Level 2 automation.
The other way is to simply push the stalk up and then down again, deactivating both and then immediately re-activating TACC. If you want that to be smooth - be ready with the accelerator to override any regeneration that might bother you.
I don't normally actually do that day-to-day, but since I suggested it, I thought I'd test it out today.

It works so long as your re-engagement of the TACC is not too quick - I found you need to wait until the two-tone disconnect alert (ding-dong) finishes. That's less than half a second. Without touching the accelerator I found that I could re-engage TACC immediately after the ding-dong only losing 2km/h from initial re-gen braking. Yes, there's a slight braking effect felt in the process, but if that bothers you - be prepared with the accelerator pedal.

Cheers

Reactions: elddum and Jules22
That's only a few minutes of video plus logs. If that's what it was?

I suspect they pay Telstra for a given data volume across the fleet - which is why updates don't come down via 4G, and probably also why we never got/never will get remote sentry view.
Dont you have remote sentry view? Ohh is that a model S thing?
Im pretty sure I watch sentry from my phone while not connected to wifi .