Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, so you did get it in Oz after all? yes on the non-refresh Model S they never rolled it out claiming a technical hurdle. But I thought it wasn't available on any Teslas in Oz. My bad!
Remote sentry view is working great on my Model 3. Though for some reason for the last 6 months Spotify appears to lose connection when car is parked for more than few hours and does not resume automatically unless I tap it on screen to retry. It used to resume automatically but over last half a year it just waits for me to tap retry on screen. So they go a step forward with one thing and a step back with another. Such is life...

I notice the app layout has changed slightly, although my app apparently hasn’t received an update since 16 Feb… maybe I'm just not very observant. Here the screenshots anyway...

First one - drop down on left shows your other products, speech bubble is messages, hamburger menu takes you to the following screen.

View attachment 1022394

View attachment 1022395

App version reporting at v4.30.0-2221.
Yep, I saw that too. Apparently live updates of this kind were part of the 4.30 app update.

They just say "under the hood changes" to the app, to enable updates of this kind without having to push to the app store (I presume).

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Oh, so you did get it in Oz after all? yes on the non-refresh Model S they never rolled it out claiming a technical hurdle. But I thought it wasn't available on any Teslas in Oz. My bad!
Yes, on my M3LR for quite some time and works fine.

I have Premium Connectivity but even with that, you can only watch a few minutes of video at a time and there seems to be a daily quota (or seemed to be last time I looked). That could/would relate to the upload and download quantities in the Tesla/Telstra contracts.

Ah okay.. followed up with Tesla and it's coming still, it needs a later App version (over) 4.30.5, which is going to be released later this week.

So min spec is now:

View attachment 1022383
The * is important for some of us. Excludes pre 2021 model s and x…the cars that elon said are the last car you will ever need to buy due to constant upgrades.

I notice the app layout has changed slightly, although my app apparently hasn’t received an update since 16 Feb… maybe I'm just not very observant. Here the screenshots anyway...

First one - drop down on left shows your other products, speech bubble is messages, hamburger menu takes you to the following screen.

View attachment 1022394

View attachment 1022395

App version reporting at v4.30.0-2221.
I noticed the same thing just now. Happened today and the app version reports it is unchanged… and I did not do an app update ( I only do manual updates).

Strange how that could happen… must have been written into the code to be effective from some trigger?

Reactions: Chuq
Installed 2024.2.7 last night.

This morning, appeared to have no 3G/4G connectivity :-/

Two finger reset, no luck.

However I've just checked and I can view my sentry mode cameras. Hopefully this means it's fixed itself in the last 20 minutes and won't glitch again.

I had the same. Came good after a while.
Those could be because Telstra is having 3G and 4G outages.

So paid a bit more attention to regen on the drive this morning and really wasn't able to tell the difference particularly at the end of the ramp.

I've had. 6 for a while though and tend to start regen early and feather it in as required so it's possible I just adapted to it without noticing.

I really suspect if they changed anything that they may have slightly changed the ramp that takes effect.

Thread intermission with this fun story from two days ago regarding Telstra:

I installed a $200 prepay data-only eSIM on my phone via the MyTelstra app. Worked a treat. Then the next day I decided that eSIM needs to be on another phone. Telstra officially supports this via the MyTelstra app - this simply migrates the eSIM to the phone the App is currently on and deactivates it on the other device. That however didn't work: "a technical problem occurred" on the last step of migrating it. So I contacted customer service. They insisted that the data-only eSIM wasn't eligible for use in a phone, but only on a tablet, hence they wouldn't help me.

This despite having purchased and installed the eSIM onto a phone in the first place, using the MyTelstra app running on a phone, and allowing me to install said data-only eSIM onto a phone. Nowhere in this entire process was there any mention of data-only eSIMs not being eligible for phones...

So at least $200 of that $1b half year profit is coming out of my pocket. Without having received any service for it.

End intermission.

• Funny
Reactions: AlexPotter
1000019866.png
The app update has broken the icons in my widget (on Android).

Installed 2024.2.7 last night.

This morning, appeared to have no 3G/4G connectivity :-/

Two finger reset, no luck.

I had the same. Came good after a while.

Those could be because Telstra is having 3G and 4G outages
Unfortunately having the same issue updated to 2024.2.7 last night and now no internet connectivity away from home. Two button Restart does nothing… and it’s not a Telstra issue as I’m sitting here using my phone on Telstra to type this…
<sigh>

Any ideas how to get it back?

UPDATE: After sitting in the car stationary for a while and taking the time to write this message, connectivity has now returned! 🙏🥳

Unfortunately having the same issue updated to 2024.2.7 last night and now no internet connectivity away from home. Two button Restart does nothing… and it’s not a Telstra issue as I’m sitting here using my phone on Telstra to type this…
<sigh>

Any ideas how to get it back?

UPDATE: After sitting in the car stationary for a while and taking the time to write this message, connectivity has now returned! 🙏🥳
I wonder if some modem carrier firmware got updated in that update that takes a while to apply and reboot?

Either way, i guess if it happens, just wait, it comes back :)