Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea whether the adaptive high beam will improve these situations or not, but I've been looking forward to finding out.
Another auto-high beam pet peeve… I have high beam set to manual so that when I am crawling along a country road in the kangaroo-infested forest at night, the Tesla keeps dipping the lights here and there (reflective road signs etc). It would be great to have adaptive high beam for this.

AND: if you dare to engage AP on these roads, the high beams go auto, fine, but then you see a kangaroo and tap the brakes to start slowing down and the high beams go automatically to the dip setting with AP disengage, suddenly rendering the kangaroo you are trying to avoid invisible! Why can’t the lights just stay in the same state? (High/low as applicable) - this I consider something that could be fixed, but maybe adaptive high beam will make the problem go away…

Another auto-high beam pet peeve… I have high beam set to manual so that when I am crawling along a country road in the kangaroo-infested forest at night, the Tesla keeps dipping the lights here and there (reflective road signs etc). It would be great to have adaptive high beam for this.

AND: if you dare to engage AP on these roads, the high beams go auto, fine, but then you see a kangaroo and tap the brakes to start slowing down and the high beams go automatically to the dip setting with AP disengage, suddenly rendering the kangaroo you are trying to avoid invisible! Why can’t the lights just stay in the same state? (High/low as applicable) - this I consider something that could be fixed, but maybe adaptive high beam will make the problem go away…
I did turn mine back on tonight and noticed they were blanking out reflective road signs.
You can still see them but the reflections don’t burn your retinas out or require you to degauss your face.

Fingers crossed that the updates will get spicy again🤞

1711431904955.jpeg

Is this since a certain software update? I've been on 2024.2.7 for some time now and I do have reflective road signs with the adaptives
I’m on 2024.2.7 also, yellow and white signs seem to get dimmed more reliably than green unless it has a white reflective border.

Most street signs in SA have been shot at or have graffiti on them tho haha

Reactions: divstar
How is your new job going at the SA Tourism Board? 🙂
It’s awesome, meet me in Snowtown and come and sit around on these steel drums in this old bank vault and I’ll tell you all about it haha.
SA is heaps good. Hilltop hoods are from here. That’s about it. Ohh we got a Ferris wheel but I don’t think it works.

I'm on 2024.8.4, with MYP 2023. I do not have the adaptive option. Only Auto, High, Low
Yeah, I've heard a few conflicting reports, but most of them seem to suggest that 8.4 activated adaptive on older cars in Europe, but not Australia as yet. When you say you only see Auto, High, Low, that's not where to look, go to the main menu and select Lights, then if you have it active, you'll have "Adaptive High Beams" between Auto Turn Signals and Headlights After Exit.

Have a video showing where it is here -

Yeah, I've heard a few conflicting reports, but most of them seem to suggest that 8.4 activated adaptive on older cars in Europe, but not Australia as yet. When you say you only see Auto, High, Low, that's not where to look, go to the main menu and select Lights, then if you have it active, you'll have "Adaptive High Beams" between Auto Turn Signals and Headlights After Exit.

Have a video showing where it is here -
Ha! My June 2023 MYLR has version 2024.2.7

I'm on 2024.8.4, with MYP 2023. I do not have the adaptive option. Only Auto, High, Low
Doesn't sseem to be a thing down your way yet, Tesla info list the countries that have had it so far.

Untitled.png

What they do list however is speed camera notifications are now a thing in Australia and New Zealand which seemingly weren't there before