Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla St Leonards to close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, No Tesla's in Newcastle?. I think your data must be way!! out of date.

I think the data they were using was/is extremely flawed.

Yes I was thinking that specifically with Armadale, a large country town. There is probably only a handful of Teslas but they do 60,000km/yr at highway speeds.

I think you're confusing Armadale (WA) with Armidale (NSW)

The email with details posted previously Tesla St Leonards to close

upload_2020-1-1_18-36-55.png

So no clue where the next SC in the lower north shore is. Hate going to Broadway to supercharge only because it’s so damn hard to make that right turn out through true ticket boom gate. If I don’t make a 1-3 pt turn going out I always scrape my front left rims without fail. However, saw a gangster model x driver do it in one swift turn but he was going quick. Damn model s is too massive. These are the times I miss my BMW M3.

I knew *sugar* was going down at St Leonard’s ages ago when the took away the Nescafé espresso machine. I always washed my own cup, they must of hated washing every privileged persons left over cup and said screw this, we are closing this service center down.

I talked to someone at Alexandria and they said Tesla was "aggressively" searching for new premises on the north shore. I guess we wait and see.
MS is narrower than MX. At Broadway go as far as you can before wheeling right, don't turn wheel too soon.

Model x is built on the same platform as the S.
I agree, damn nuisance having to go to Alexandria. Went just yesterday to pick up a cabin air filter. Mine was truly filthy after all this smoke. Also i have no idea when it was last changed, but it is a 5 minute (or less) DIY job on the 2014 model S. On the bright side, the filter seems to be cheapest at Tesla - $29. It is possible Ryco make a compatible filter but it is dearer and i need to do more research. However, the dearer filter may go down to 2.5 like a HEPA filter which the activated carbon one from Tesla does not.

I talked to someone at Alexandria and they said Tesla was "aggressively" searching for new premises on the north shore. I guess we wait and see.
MS is narrower than MX. At Broadway go as far as you can before wheeling right, don't turn wheel too soon.

They need to be more than aggressive if I am going to continue to be cheap to supercharge for free on my MS. I am so cheap I don't charge at home even though I have a solar array. That's how cheap I am. The fact that I can't make that right turn well, you guys probably know this bloke is Asian already. Well, you're right!

Thanks for the tip with the Tesla Cabin filters. I definitely need to get mine changed, the mobile Tesla service dude that repaired my door handle (common MS door handle not popping out issue) said that with the current fires and smoke the filters clog up as quick as people lining up at centerlink on Thursdays. I actually thought anything with activated carbon could stop even 2.5 particles.

• Funny
Reactions: Shock-On-T
4 days to go before the closure of the St Leonards charging station. Still no sign of hope that there would be a location ready by June. Those HC Tesla drivers going to be happy being slugged additional $7 for re-entry to broadway superchargers. You can only enter the shopping center once per 24 hours without being charged for 2 hours. Perhaps, closing St Leonards was another way of addressing this or maybe not? I still tend to think it is due to people not washing their cups at the service center after making their latteés.