Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla St Leonards to close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-12-16_13-57-51.png

So many car places around Artarmon/St Leonards I'd have to guess that Tesla will stay around the area.
Hopefully there will be superchargers at the new location, it would be slightly insane for Sydney to have only the Broadway location.

So many car places around Artarmon/St Leonards I'd have to guess that Tesla will stay around the area.
Hopefully there will be superchargers at the new location, it would be slightly insane for Sydney to have only the Broadway location.

Agree Artarmon makes sense for Service Centre, doesn’t need to be on a highly visible street like Herbert St.
Super Charger can be elsewhere near a major highway/freeway, above suggestion for Hornsby/Waitara makes sense to me too. Hornsby Westfield an option?

Reason for closing is almost certainly for cost reduction purposes. The lease was probably exorbitant. It would make no sense to spend a fortune on another fitout in the circumstances. I would expect them to take over an existing facility. Anyone know of another available property on the lower north shore?

The Home HQ in Artarmon parking would be an interesting place for super chargers.. there's a cafe, bathroom facilities, jb's and good guys there at least and anything to pull more customers in ;)

I don't believe they'll do another service centre - it'll just be Alexandria for Sydney (after all all other cities have just the one site also)

I don't believe they'll do another service centre - it'll just be Alexandria for Sydney (after all all other cities have just the one site also)
Apart from what @m4rtin said, the harbour is a big psychological and physical barrier in this city! There has to be a service centre on the north side of the harbour, because people in Mosman probably think Alexandria is a hub of lawlessness where gangs rule the streets, and will refuse to cross the Harbour Bridge to get there ;)

They definitely need a second service centre in Sydney given the large (and increasing) number of Model 3s now hitting the streets. I think by early 2020 the number of Tesla cars in Sydney will be double what it was 6 months ago.

Apart from what @m4rtin said, the harbour is a big psychological and physical barrier in this city! There has to be a service centre on the north side of the harbour, because people in Mosman probably think Alexandria is a hub of lawlessness where gangs rule the streets, and will refuse to cross the Harbour Bridge to get there ;)
And those on the south firmly believe you need a passport to cross the bridge!! It is
Also further to come north than to go south.