Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla stock falls 7%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Load up then. Borrow on your house and credit cards. Well at least the credit cards. Your probably a renter.
"Their" you go again! Now "your" an expert on my finances "to". But thank you "four" 'you're" concern. Actually, I am a renter. I paid for my house in cash and then deeded it to my daughters and rent it back from them. "Its" called estate planning, but "your" an expert on that "two".

"Their" you go again! Now "your" an expert on my finances "to". But thank you "four" 'you're" concern. Actually, I am a renter. I paid for my house in cash and then deeded it to my daughters and rent it back from them. "Its" called estate planning, but "your" an expert on that "two".
You are obsessed with quotes. That is very telling. As is your comment about names you called Trump. I understand many folks don’t like the President. But to disrespect the office by calling him names like Hitler or similar is a disgrace. It is a slap in the face to our country and to those who served to give us the freedom to vote or not vote for a candidate. Shame on you.

"Their" you go again! Now "your" an expert on my finances "to". But thank you "four" 'you're" concern.

When I see them in his post I cringe like you (and worse when I see that I did it and can no longer edit it). Sometimes it's a mistake, so we have a rule not to be the grammar police here. I'm convinced he's not a short even though he constantly predicts Tesla's pending doom, because it's rare to see shorts make repeated grammatical errors. You need at least some smarts to understand how to short stock.

• Funny
Reactions: deonb
Unless he charges with solar he is leaving a carbon foot print.

Even charging with solar leaves a carbon footprint. Our power here is over 85% hydro -- so I'm driving mainly on rain water, and we get a ton -- it's sure coming down now with heavy snow in the mountain passes:
Snowfall warning issued for Fraser Valley as Chilliwack sees earliest snowfall in 29 years
Studies show that going solar, and the carbon emissions that goes into making them, transporting, installing, maintenance, etc. is worse than me staying on the public utility especially since some of the remaining 15% is also renewables like wind and wave, which is increasing and should eventually make it all renewable.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for solar and one its biggest supporters but everything leaves a carbon footprint, even solar.

• Love
Reactions: DrivingRockies
The length of time cannot be longer than 6 months. The full credit expires at the end of the quarter following the quarter that they hit 200K US sales in. So, even if they hit it on the first day of a quarter, the longest it could be is 6 months minus one day.

Correct, and in haste I have made the mistake of adding a quarter previously. The official wording makes me think it adds it but the example given makes it clear it doesn't.

Federal Tax Credits for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Cars

phaseoutdiagramPlugin.gif

hydro seems like a very low carbon footprint option as well. I understand about the manufacturing of solar panels but I would guess that once a solar charging system is put in place the carbon foot print from that point forward would be near zero. The same might apply to hydro. Both good options. Certainly better than getting power from a coal fired plant.[/QUOTE]

You are obsessed with quotes. That is very telling. As is your comment about names you called Trump. I understand many folks don’t like the President. But to disrespect the office by calling him names like Hitler or similar is a disgrace. It is a slap in the face to our country and to those who served to give us the freedom to vote or not vote for a candidate. Shame on you.
There is a big difference between having respect for the office vs the person occupying the office. In the case of the current president, acting like a middle-schooler on Twitter causes many people to have zero respect for the person.

You put your daughters names on the property? I had a client who did that, he had no idea what a step up in basis was. Unfortunately this left his kids with a $100,000 tax liability when they sold it.

planning yes, but your planning is poorly executed. If I might be so bold as to suggest to you that you consider consulting with people who are professionals in the planning field before implementing any more of your financial planning.
as another responder noted you heaped some huge tax consequences onto your heirs with your "planning".
[I hope my grammar passes muster]

• Disagree
Reactions: Qbenjamin
Why is it that some people on this forum care more about the effect cancelling the tax credit would have on Tesla than the effect it would have on ev sales generally? I put a $1,000 deposit on a model 3 because I care about the environment, not because I have a hard-on for fancy cars. I now drive an i-Miev which handles 90% of my driving needs, but it's that other 10% - the long drives that require me to use a gas car - that has convinced me I need an ev with greater range. I thought that I'd find lots of like-minded folks on these forums. I'm getting quite disappointed.
If there is a positive spin to be made for that stupidity, it might be that mostly they are thinking about TSLA price not societal value.
The history of reduction in consumer-level incentives to a given choice suggests that small or large, they make a difference. In the case of Hong Kong and the US State of Georgia it seems that the largest consequence of incentive reduction was to shift timing for everyone, rising to get the incentive. After that the more expensive the purchase the less role incentives play when the incentives themselves are capped in some way by price.

I think it is a Bad Thing to stop incentivizing air pollution reduction and energy conservation measures. Photvoltaic and wind energy are probably more consequential in the short term than are BEV's but the world needs all it can have of both categories and needs it as soon as possible.

I also think it is foolish to distinguish between relative benefits between Tesla and all others. We need to incentivize all motor vehicle makers to move as soon as humanly possible to BEV's. There is an important role to play for all categories.

FWIW, I care very much about TSLA, I'm a shareholder after all. I have bought in wholeheartedly to the Tesla mission. We all need to remind ourselves what it is.

Reactions: T34ME
If there is a positive spin to be made for that stupidity, it might be that mostly they are thinking about TSLA price not societal value.
The history of reduction in consumer-level incentives to a given choice suggests that small or large, they make a difference. In the case of Hong Kong and the US State of Georgia it seems that the largest consequence of incentive reduction was to shift timing for everyone, rising to get the incentive. After that the more expensive the purchase the less role incentives play when the incentives themselves are capped in some way by price.
I don't think that the majority of owners except for the most extreme really put such a high priority of the emissions aspect of the equation. For me the lack of directly using "gas" to power the car was at least secondary and lessening the environment impact ranked after that. most tesla buyers are buying into the "cool" factor.
as for the implications of removing incentives. the case in GA wasn't good. their road use fee is nothing less than onerous because it doesn't reflect reality and in the case of HK. the incentives amounted to almost 1/2 of the cost to the consumer of the car, so that impact was out sized and really wouldn't translate into the loss of the $7500 that in reality not every buyer could make use of.

I don't think that the majority of owners except for the most extreme really put such a high priority of the emissions aspect of the equation. For me the lack of directly using "gas" to power the car was at least secondary and lessening the environment impact ranked after that. most tesla buyers are buying into the "cool" factor.
as for the implications of removing incentives. the case in GA wasn't good. their road use fee is nothing less than onerous because it doesn't reflect reality and in the case of HK. the incentives amounted to almost 1/2 of the cost to the consumer of the car, so that impact was out sized and really wouldn't translate into the loss of the $7500 that in reality not every buyer could make use of.
For sure buyers of Tesla cars are not primarily thinking of environmental benefit. Else how to explain that I bought a P85D. Were it purely environmental benefit I'd be in an iMiev or a used Leaf. My point was about buying TSLA not the cars. The Tesla mission is directly relevant to it's role and future as an investment. As a car buyer it is a different story, with that I agree.

Bluntly, if one doesn't buy the Tesla mission one might as well read Montana Skeptic, even though said individual does serious disservice to skepticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.