Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla suddenly turned off the nags for me this morning - how about you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have always had to touch the while every 3-5 minutes when traveling at freeway speeds on I-10 in Southern California, even at night when constrast is super high.

This morning however I did a 60 mile round-trip from Redlands to Ontario airport and back at 5 am - and was asked to touch the wheel twice the entire time - all the while doing between 65-70 mph.

I'm on 2.20.30 in a 2016 70D, and have been on 2.20.30 for some time now.

Anyone else? I'm assuming this is some kind of randomized testing on nag frequency Tesla does, and I drew the lucky straw today.

So I have always had to touch the while every 3-5 minutes when traveling at freeway speeds on I-10 in Southern California, even at night when constrast is super high.

This morning however I did a 60 mile round-trip from Redlands to Ontario airport and back at 5 am - and was asked to touch the wheel twice the entire time - all the while doing between 65-70 mph.

Anyone else? I'm assuming this is some kind of randomized testing on nag frequency Tesla does, and I drew the lucky straw today.
Tesla is using you as a guinea pig to test new features. ;)
(Either that or the car senses that you are a "good driver" and is rewarding you.
We are all guinea pigs.
I got a notice that there is a new software version today. I'm on 2.20.30 now. We'll see what it is tomorrow and what new tricks the car has up its sleeve.

I think it has to do with the road condition and markings -- in places where the markings are confusing to the sensor (or disappear/fade), the Model S is more naggy when it can't follow a car.

The place that AP nags about is always the same, and it only nags for me when there's no car to follow.

I think it has to do with the road condition and markings

nags are based on how stressed the system is. Curves, poor lane markings are primary reasons and increasing with higher speeds.

Yes you're both correct, but the system is nagging me at least 50% less in the same road conditions at the same time of day, in the same traffic than it did the last couple months. Tesla has changed something - I have no idea why but I'm very happy. :)

The nagging is completely unpredictable for me.

About a 6 weeks ago, our Model X went for at least 15 minutes straight without any nags, driving at highway speeds 70-75mph with traffic and a fair number of curves. This was on the I-10 heading east before the Cabazon outlets. I remember distinctly because after a couple minutes of no nags I wondered what was going on, and decided to bust out my iPhone to time it with a stopwatch. It hit 14 minutes before I had to take an exit.

During the same trip later at night when it was dark, minimal traffic and on a completely straight highway (heading east from quartzite to phoenix, at least 30-40 miles of no curves), I got nagged maybe every 2-3 minutes.

I've been in my S where a nag will pop on the screen every 5-10 seconds. And yet other days, it will only pop every 2-3 minutes. similar traffic conditions, same weather, same road that I drive almost daily. No rhyme or reason that I can see. *shrug*

Would be very interesting to note your nags with this version for a few days to see if the trend continues.

Yes you're both correct, but the system is nagging me at least 50% less in the same road conditions at the same time of day, in the same traffic than it did the last couple months. Tesla has changed something - I have no idea why but I'm very happy. :)
They add a ton of nags, take away some of them, and now you're "very happy"? I'd be "less angry" instead...

• Funny
Reactions: William3
Would be very interesting to note your nags with this version for a few days to see if the trend continues.

I'll do that.

They add a ton of nags, take away some of them, and now you're "very happy"? I'd be "less angry" instead...

Um, dude - anybody who owns a Tesla has ZERO actual problems in life and no reason to be angry. People like us are so blessed it's unbelievable.