Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sued under Wisconsin Lemon Law

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No lawyer is required to take any case
Ahem... "court appointed lawyer" comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

The client's name is Robert Montgomery. He is a doctor (anesthesiologist) in Franklin Wisconsin. Got his name from an article on green autoblog:

Sitemap - AutoblogGreen...

I think its time to find this guy on all the various doctor rating sites and make sure people know he is also a fraud artist.
No. Recommending bad behavior is a bad thing, no matter the reason.

I have the video from the owner where he tried to fake the door handles not working. I recovered it from my browser cache after he deleted his videos from youtube. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Excellent. Did those silly rabbits think that once you post something in the interwebz it easily goes away?

It would be interesting to see if Tesla Motors is interested in a copy of that video...

I love that Tesla fires back with blog posts like this ... setting the record straight. Plus, any credible news outlet now has a statement from Tesla which should be included in any article.

I'd advise them to be careful. It's very difficult for them to score a "win" in this situation, and very easy to end up seeming like the bully, even if they are correct. The cost/benefit ratio is skewed heavily in the direction of handling these type of issues discretely.

I'd advise them to be careful. It's very difficult for them to score a "win" in this situation, and very easy to end up seeming like the bully, even if they are correct. The cost/benefit ratio is skewed heavily in the direction of handling these type of issues discretely.

That may be the case, however when someone attacks publicly, they invite equally public response.

When car fires decimated the stock price, that revealed how susceptible the stock is to manipulation with the news of 'car deficiencies'. Tesla's public response may signal to anyone who get tempted to tamper with the car that they are likely to be caught by car logs.

Right on all counts except handling discreetly. If the vehicle met the criteria for lemon law, and there was no manipulation, then take the car back quietly and refund the purchase price. But, if it's clear there was manipulation (and the fuse issue is pretty damning) then putting out a public statement that reputable journalists will have to reference is pretty safe. Whether or not Tesla ends up buying back the car at this point is moot.

My recommendation would be to give him his money back (you don't want him as a customer anyway) but NO attorneys fees. You don't want to promote bad behavior.

Agreed. Tesla should definitely not pay attorney fees.

Franklin doctor makes public settlement offer to Tesla in lemon law case

The Franklin man whose lemon law case against luxury electric car maker Tesla drew national attention has now made a public offer to settle the case.

Robert Montgomery will dismiss his case, with prejudice, and return his white Model S if Tesla refunds $108,600 and pays attorney fees as set by a court. Montgomery will not agree to any confidentiality provision as part of any settlement.

Larry

If I were Tesla I would spend $500k just to put this DB lawyer and DB Tesla owner in their place. Anyone who would hire that lawyer certainly has no sense of morals or ethics.

The point also shouldn't be lost that this owner hired this "lawyer" twice in aledged lemon law complaints. I wonder if he splits the legal fees with the lawyer?

Larry