Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sued under Wisconsin Lemon Law

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The point also shouldn't be lost that this owner hired this "lawyer" twice in aledged lemon law complaints. I wonder if he splits the legal fees with the lawyer?

Larry

You mean splits the court directed legal fee reimbursement? Depending on the specific state laws, that could be illegal for contingency lawsuits. That doesn't mean it isn't done, of course! Just yet another way contingency lawyers routinely break the law.

You mean splits the court directed legal fee reimbursement? Depending on the specific state laws, that could be illegal for contingency lawsuits. That doesn't mean it isn't done, of course! Just yet another way contingency lawyers routinely break the law.

There's a pattern of behavior here. I doubt that the doctor's motive is merely personal entertainment.

Larry

Reminds me of this Joke: Sorry, totally OT

A precious little girl walks into a PetSmart store and asks,in the sweetest little lisp, between two missing teeth, "Excuthe me, mithter, where do you keep the widdle wabbits?"As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees so that he's on her level and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit, or a thoft and fuwwy, bwack wabbit, or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"
She, in turn, blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says, in a tiny quiet voice

"I don't think my Reticulated Python weally gives a thit."

Tesla offered $16k under the offer, it was declined, and the case moves forward in Federal Court:

"On Thursday, Tesla -- now represented in Wisconsin by the law firm Michael Best & Friedrich -- filed a "notice of removal," seeking to move the litigation to U.S. District Court in Milwaukee because the dispute is between parties of different states. The case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman."

Tesla moves WI lemon law case over luxury electric car to federal court - JSOnline

Tesla offered $16k under the offer, it was declined, and the case moves forward in Federal Court:

"On Thursday, Tesla -- now represented in Wisconsin by the law firm Michael Best & Friedrich -- filed a "notice of removal," seeking to move the litigation to U.S. District Court in Milwaukee because the dispute is between parties of different states. The case has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman."

Tesla moves WI lemon law case over luxury electric car to federal court - JSOnline

Tesla actually offered the guy $16k? Why would they do that? He's clearly a lemon law troll.

$16,000 was more than fair considering there probably wasn't anything really wrong with the car anyway. He could have sold the car once it was 'working' again and ended up even at least. Obviously he's not looking for a fair resolution.

I think there is a much more important difference than the 16k in the counter-proposal. The lemon-troll proposal also had the item "attorney expenses", while Tesla's counter offer does not have that item. Mr. Lemon King was clearly looking forward to a fat pay-cheque for that hollywood-production video on youtube ;)

Yes, you need to understand that the plaintiff is irrelevant here - it's all about the $1000/hr attorney fees that the lawyer will be fighting for. Believe me, if the plaintiff prevails, the attorney will make more money.