Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nevada superchargers on I80 will need to be adjusted
as it is now the dot looks to be in Lovelock NV, thats too far from the Roseville CA SC, EVtripplanner says it will take 269 miles of range for the p85 with 21s.
The dot that looks like somewhere near Elko is too far away from Salt Lake City, EVtripplanner say it will take 283 miles of range

My proposal:
4 Supercharger stations in Nevada, instead of the current 2.

Roseville > Reno > Lovelock > Battle Mountain > Wells

The spaces between those should be perfect considering winter weather conditions and the 75mph speed limit

I think the easiest way to look at it is to work backward from Salt Lake City. Since there is nothing at all across the salt flats, there pretty much has to be a supercharger at Wendover, UT/NV. From there it is 109 miles to Elko, 124 miles to Winnemucca, 131 miles to Fernley, and then one more in Truckee to fill in the gap to Roseville. If they wanted to cut one out, they could do Roseville-Sparks-Winnemucca with the latter stretch 160 flat miles.

Last edited:
Anyone have a direct link for the Wiki Supercharger map ? Mine at work just got websensed. When I sent the link over to my iPad it will not work ....

Not sure what your use-case is for the wiki map is but I have a map you can try to run it off my site or you could download.
http://daxzeal.com/scmap.html

In addition to the above HTML file you will need the following if you'd like to run it locally:
http://daxzeal.com/blank.gif
http://daxzeal.com/tmarkershadow.gif
http://daxzeal.com/tmarker.gif
http://daxzeal.com/construction.png

You would need these files in a local folder and open the local HTML file. It uses a Google Map APIs and a Google spreadsheet that I've been maintaining as the data source.
I have not tested with Safari or tablets. It does uses the Range input type so it may look weird in older browsers.

Here is a link to the Spreadsheet if others would like to contribute to maintaining it and making it a real wiki: Google Drive

The proposed points are guesses from the map from summer of 2013 and they will be removed as true locations are discovered.

Not sure what your use-case is for the wiki map is but I have a map you can try to run it off my site or you could download.
http://daxzeal.com/scmap.html

In addition to the above HTML file you will need the following if you'd like to run it locally:
http://daxzeal.com/blank.gif
http://daxzeal.com/tmarkershadow.gif
http://daxzeal.com/tmarker.gif
http://daxzeal.com/construction.png

You would need these files in a local folder and open the local HTML file. It uses a Google Map APIs and a Google spreadsheet that I've been maintaining as the data source.
I have not tested with Safari or tablets. It does uses the Range input type so it may look weird in older browsers.

Here is a link to the Spreadsheet if others would like to contribute to maintaining it and making it a real wiki: Google Drive

The proposed points are guesses from the map from summer of 2013 and they will be removed as true locations are discovered.

I noticed two errors, Yuma was missing and Savannah was under construction. Took a look at the Google Drive sheet. The coordinates of Yuma were missing a comma separator, which I corrected, and Yuma appeared. Savannah had the wrong status, which I corrected, also.

I noticed two errors, Yuma was missing and Savannah was under construction. Took a look at the Google Drive sheet. The coordinates of Yuma were missing a comma separator, which I corrected, and Yuma appeared. Savannah had the wrong status, which I corrected, also.

Springfield, VA is actually Woodbridge, VA and I think Bethesda is missing. Data seems to be very old.

Springfield, VA is actually Woodbridge, VA and I think Bethesda is missing. Data seems to be very old.

Yes, the proposed points are guesses from the map from summer of 2013 so they are out of date.

It is tough to follow all threads for where the superchargers are located, you may edit the data's Spreadsheet and refresh the map.

I have not seen a mapped location for Woodbridge in any threads.
I fixed status for Bethesda.

Yes, the proposed points are guesses from the map from summer of 2013 so they are out of date.

It is tough to follow all threads for where the superchargers are located, you may edit the data's Spreadsheet and refresh the map.

I have not seen a mapped location for Woodbridge in any threads.
I fixed status for Bethesda.

That is why I was looking for the link to that Wiki Map. It was VERY ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE. I used it everyday and several times a day.

For wrong Websense blocks, just go to Websense.com and find their contact email - tell them about the wrong category and they'll fix it. It might take a day or two, but they'll fix the database which your company will then get an update for quickly.

I think the easiest way to look at it is to work backward from Salt Lake City. Since there is nothing at all across the salt flats, there pretty much has to be a supercharger at Wendover, UT/NV. From there it is 109 miles to Elko, 124 miles to Winnemucca, 131 miles to Fernley, and then one more in Truckee to fill in the gap to Roseville. If they wanted to cut one out, they could do Roseville-Sparks-Winnemucca with the latter stretch 160 flat miles.
+1 Wendover
+1 Roseville-Sparks-Winnemucca

I agree completely. Truckee has the added advantage of supporting trips to Tahoe and to ski areas. In addition it would be a start to linking hwy 395 with the addition of a sc in Lee Vining. This sould open up Mammoth for norcal. The current two sc plan is not workable

An SC at the Whoa Nellie Deli in Lee Vining would be perfect. Even an HPWC there would be a big help.

Very good point, theres nothing between wendover and SLC, so we do need one in wendover.

Normally if I can't find something positive to say, I remain silent....however, now that I have charged at 5 superchargers, I feel obligated to share a few observations. We have charged at
Mishawaka
Angola
Maumee
Macedonia
Somerset
Nav system at Mishawaka instructed us to turn on a non existent street.
(No, I did not comply)
None of these five locations had been maintained as far as snow removal is concerned. We spent $150 to be winched out of chargers at Angola. Called Tesla and the young man I spoke with reported that snow removal is responsibility of landlord. Perfect, now even the venerated Tesla staff is into the "not my job attitude"
Restaurants at Maumee were all closed at a little before 9 pm.
Location at Somerset is behind the filthiest Wendy's I've ever seen.
And as long as I'm sharing my opinions....if we are going to build a cross-country supercharger network, let's design some usable cup holders.
Love my Tesla, but location and maintenance of Superchargers could be much better.
End of rant. Now back to my 90 kW limited super S, and on to the next adventure.

Normally if I can't find something positive to say, I remain silent....however, now that I have charged at 5 superchargers, I feel obligated to share a few observations. We have charged at
Mishawaka
Angola
Maumee
Macedonia
Somerset
Nav system at Mishawaka instructed us to turn on a non existent street.
(No, I did not comply)
None of these five locations had been maintained as far as snow removal is concerned. We spent $150 to be winched out of chargers at Angola. Called Tesla and the young man I spoke with reported that snow removal is responsibility of landlord. Perfect, now even the venerated Tesla staff is into the "not my job attitude"
Restaurants at Maumee were all closed at a little before 9 pm.
Location at Somerset is behind the filthiest Wendy's I've ever seen.
And as long as I'm sharing my opinions....if we are going to build a cross-country supercharger network, let's design some usable cup holders.
Love my Tesla, but location and maintenance of Superchargers could be much better.
End of rant. Now back to my 90 kW limited super S, and on to the next adventure.
Wow man I really feel bad for you. My LEAF does not have any of the problems you describe. Perhaps we should trade cars. What do you say ?

What, exactly, did you expect Tesla to say?

If a city owned parking lot was closed that had a Blink charger, would you call Blink to complain about it?

That's really unpleasant, DCWitt. Let me suggest, however - and this is based on the full text of a Tesla<--->landlord contract that I have seen - the Tesla representative you talked to was absolutely correct. Tesla PAYS the landlord a monthly rent on each stall, and as part of that contract, the landlord is indeed responsible for normal maintenance. As in snow removal.

How could it possibly be otherwise? We're discussing a global net of parking stalls, remember.

If so, then Tesla should do something to enforce those contracts. There have been other reports of owners being snowed in at Angola/Maumee. Tesla should contact the site hosts to make sure they are keeping their end of the bargain.

What, exactly, did you expect Tesla to say?

If a city owned parking lot was closed that had a Blink charger, would you call Blink to complain about it?

You're right. Tesla is not responsible for snow removal at the Supercharger sites.

However, since they've got so much riding on the supercharger network (both in capitol and in public perception of EVs), you'd think they would show interest in making sure the people that want to use it, can use it. Even if it's just by providing you with contact information for the landlords. Just telling you "Not my problem" isn't going to build much customer goodwill; and after the firmware fiascos of last year, they need all the goodwill they can get.