Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
regarding snow and canopies, who would be responsible for clearing the canopies of snow so the solar panels work properly?

Mostly mother nature. I have roof full of solar panels get plenty of snow (at least this past winter) and within a day or two so the panels are completely clear. I'm sure there are exceptions but it is not the concern you think it is.

Mostly mother nature. I have roof full of solar panels get plenty of snow (at least this past winter) and within a day or two so the panels are completely clear. I'm sure there are exceptions but it is not the concern you think it is.

I agree! I have arrays at both of my houses in Colorado. Even the Pagosa array at 8,000 feet in the Rockies is clear after a day or two of sunshine, even in very cold weather. The real problem is dealing with the snow coming off the array a day or two later. Good snow plowing of parking lots happens the morning after the storm or sooner. This delayed avalanche of wet, heavy snow off of a solar array requires a second plowing, and heaven help you if you are standing under the edge when a big chunk lets loose.

Taken 4-27-2014
IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg

Quite curious as to what that extra grey dot between the Newark and Hamilton SCs are... I see Harrisburg and Allentown in relatively obvious places, but the one immediately below Allentown seems to correlate to somewhere near King Of Prussia? Perhaps that new Service Center in Devon will get a SuperCharger?

Quite curious as to what that extra grey dot between the Newark and Hamilton SCs are... I see Harrisburg and Allentown in relatively obvious places, but the one immediately below Allentown seems to correlate to somewhere near King Of Prussia? Perhaps that new Service Center in Devon will get a SuperCharger?

That is what I am hearing.

I would throw out a guess more near Plymouth Meeting, at the intersection of the PA-TP and the NE Extension. Easy-on, easy-off of the turnpike. That would allow people to get to and from the Poconos on a single charge (roughly 150 miles round trip, plus a good buffer for winter). Devon is too far west and too far off the turnpike to make it convenient, IMHO.

Last edited:
I would throw out a guess more near Plymouth Meeting, at the intersection of the PA-TP and the NE Extension. Easy-on, easy-off of the turnpike. That would allow people to get to and from the Poconos on a single charge (roughly 150 miles round trip, plus a good buffer for winter). Devon is too far west and too far off the turnpike to make it convenient, IMHO.

You certainly could be correct. However, the Norristown Service center is being moved to a much larger location in an old car dealership in Devon,PA. I would not be surprised if they have a Supercharger there.

Don't get too excited about the Hawthorne map. It is out of date (several "coming soon" dots are now online) and it has a westward shift to its coordinates (note Albany, New York is well east of its coming soon dot). So the coming soon dots in eastern Pennsylvania are Allentown (Whitehall), Edison NJ and Hamilton NJ. That doesn't necessarily mean your local service center won't get a supercharger, as I don't think Tesla ever listed the Syosset, NY or Highland Park, IL service center superchargers as coming soon before they opened.

It shows the supercharger in Buckeye, AZ as coming soon, when it's been up for weeks now - hard to trust some of the other dots.

I noticed that on one of the pics posted a week or so ago also.

My theory is that both Gila Bend and Wickenburg are the coming soon dots there -- and are just covering up the Buckeye dot since they are relatively close together (~50 miles south and north respectively of Buckeye)...

Last edited: