Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the chart on the SuperCharger map page, there was a burst of activity up to January 20 and then a slower but steady rise since then. The trailing 91 days (Jan 20 to Apr 21) has netted us 17 more SCs in North America. Extrapolating that out through the end of the year, we would see 47 more SCs. This is well short of the 200 by year's end I've seen tossed around. Of course they could put on another big push like late 2013 but the current trend is not very promising. However, the 2013 end of year push netted about 30 more SCs so it could be possible that we'll see a total of 75-80 more SCs this year. Nothing I've seen indicates they will hit a higher rate than the 2013 Christmas push.

Extrapolating out the rest of year based on YTD numbers doesn't account for the worse than usual winter much of the country had this year.

Gear,

How do you write to the supercharger team? Do they have an email address. I'd like to help them get Amarillo jump started....

Have you written to the supercharger team? They're pretty receptive. If you help them find a place, it'd help your chances greatly.

The supercharger map isn't set in stone, as we've seen from several that were never on the map suddenly popping up, and some disappearing.

Tesla, where's the Asia map? I was all looking forward to a revised Tesla Supercharger page with the Chinese Superchargers.

Hopefully it comes soon after their talks in China this week. It sounds like they're focusing on Service Centers first but I don't think Superchargers will be too far behind. Especially if a Coming Soon map is 3-4 months, hopefully they'll display their plan soon - http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304049904579517071328805730.html

And officially working!

I just charged there.

tahagazu.jpg

Then we should be seeing a burst of construction as delayed plans kick in. But I'm not sure there were that many that got delayed - Wyoming, SD, Minn, WI and I90 corridor seem to have gotten SCs this winter.

I agree to an extent but those parts of the country have experience with construction during cold weather other parts of the country not so much. Either way Tesla really needs to pick of the pace.