Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Tesla Supercharger website page it shows a total of 294. What am I missing?

Your missing 6 !! LOL Seriously I think they are referring to supercharger.info (which is probably more accurate than TM (ducking).

300 SCs.JPG

Last edited:
The total number worldwide is of no practical consequence to anyone, either owners or prospective owners. We don't travel between continents by car. What matters to people in North America is the number in North America, likewise what matters to people in Europe is the number in Europe, etc.
Some owners own cars in 2 continents. matters to them
Also if you are traveling to another country and renting a Tesla it makes a huge difference!

..but I am not doing any of that

You really don't expect that rate to continue, do you. In 2014, a large number of SC's came on-line in the early part of the year, and then it slowed down dramatically until the last month or two. That may happen again. We shall see.

I'm cheering on all those P85D orders... that extra margin has gotta help the quarterly expenses to keep the rate up. Also, there are at least 33 under construction (China ones just pop up, no one apparently reports them beforehand to supercharge.info).

North America just seems slow for building Superchargers. I hope Tesla connects St. Louis soon from all directions... that will help the overall sense of mobility.

Update including December 12th, 2014:

North America
2012: 0 + 0 + 2 + 7 = 9
2013: 0 + 2 + 11 + 28 = 41
2014: 32 + 16 + 19 + 24 = 91
Total: 9 + 41 + 91 = 141

Europe
2013: 0 + 0 + 6 + 8 = 14
2014: 0 + 10 + 46 + 43 = 99
Total: 14 + 99 = 113

Asia
2014: 0 + 3 + 16 + 24 = 43 (Including: 2 in Sydney, Australia)

Global total: 141 + 113 + 43 = 297

2014 total so far: 91 + 99 + 43 = 233

Q1 2014 total: 32 + 0 + 0 = 32
Q2 2014 total: 16 + 10 + 3 = 29
Q3 2014 total: 19 + 46 + 16 = 81
Q4 2014 so far: 24 + 43 + 24 = 91

First half of 2014: 32 + 29 = 61
Second half of 2014 (so far a total of 165 days): 81 + 91 = 172

Remaining days in second half of 2014: 19

172 new live Supercharger stations in 165 days (in second half of 2014), that's even more than 1 new live Supercharger station per day, that's extraordinary!!!

Update including December 17th, 2014:

North America
2012: 0 + 0 + 2 + 7 = 9
2013: 0 + 2 + 11 + 28 = 41
2014: 32 + 16 + 19 + 26 = 93
Total: 9 + 41 + 93 = 143

Europe
2013: 0 + 0 + 6 + 8 = 14
2014: 0 + 10 + 46 + 44 = 100
Total: 14 + 100 = 114

Asia
2014: 0 + 3 + 16 + 24 = 45 (Including: 2 in Sydney, Australia)

Global total: 143 + 114 + 45 = 302

2014 total so far: 93 + 100 + 45 = 238

Q1 2014 total: 32 + 0 + 0 = 32
Q2 2014 total: 16 + 10 + 3 = 29
Q3 2014 total: 19 + 46 + 16 = 81
Q4 2014 so far: 26 + 44 + 26 = 96

First half of 2014: 32 + 29 = 61
Second half of 2014 (so far a total of 170 days): 81 + 96 = 177

Remaining days in second half of 2014: 14

177 new live Supercharger stations in 170 days (in second half of 2014), that's even more than 1 new live Supercharger station per day, that's extraordinary!!!

The official Supercharger maps of North America have been updated.

From left to right we see: Now Open - End of 2014 - Soon - 2015.

According to the updated official "End of 2014" Supercharger map of North America the following few Supercharger stations are likely and should go live before January 1st, 2015 (or a few days/weeks later):

Kamloops, Canada
Revelstoke, Canada
Canmore, Canada
Red Deer, Canada
El Centro, CA
Lake Charles, LA
Auburn, AL
Atlanta, GA
Auburn, MA
Brattleboro, VT
Hooksett (south), NH
Hooksett (north), NH
A Supercharger station east of Dayton, OH (Grove City, OH?)
A Supercharger station north of Dayton, OH (Lima, OH?)

But nothing is sure.

We've been anxiously awaiting the Sheridan and Gillette SpCs to fill out the northern route from Seattle: to pick up the existing transcontinental string at Rapid City, and to enable Supercharger travel down to Denver and points south via Lusk. But only the Sheridan site shows on the new Coming Soon map; Gillette is left in '2015 limbo'.

The new map has dots that confirm Denton, TX, Ardmore, OK, Oklahoma City, OK (but not coming soon) and Slidell, LA.

It's interesting to see that the I-10 bridge won't be completed soon, at least for 60s. Dots are missing near Baytown, TX and Tallahassee, FL. (Yes, I recognize the placement or lack of dots hasn't been a good indicator in the past).

Last edited:
According to the updated official "End of 2014" Supercharger map of North America the following few Supercharger stations are likely and should go live before January 1st, 2015 (or a few days/weeks later):

But nothing is sure.

Three things stick out from a Canadian perspective:

1) The two soon-to-ready stalls at the Montreal Center still aren't on any map.
2) It appears that Kingston, ON will indeed be stalled until 2015.
3) Four BC and Alberta sites before the New Year seems quite optimistic, considering it took at least two months for the transformer to be installed in Hope, BC.

We've been anxiously awaiting the Sheridan and Gillette SpCs to fill out the northern route from Seattle: to pick up the existing transcontinental string at Rapid City, and to enable Supercharger travel down to Denver and points south via Lusk. But only the Sheridan site shows on the new Coming Soon map; Gillette is left in '2015 limbo'.

If anyone knows or has contact with hotels or restaurants in Gillette, WY, this would be a good time to connect them with Tesla's "Destination Charging" program. They could probably attract overnight and meal time Teslas for the better part of 2015. At 250 miles from Sheridan to Rapid City, an overnight or a top up in Gillette would bridge this I-90 gap until the Supercharger appears.

Hmm. I sent Tesla a note about considering the I-81 corridor to cover the N-S route from Pennsylvania down along the border of Virginia/W.Virginia down in to the Southern states.

I got a response that said it was on their planning radar... but I don't see any dots for it in the 2015 map as of yet.

If anyone knows or has contact with hotels or restaurants in Gillette, WY, this would be a good time to connect them with Tesla's "Destination Charging" program. They could probably attract overnight and meal time Teslas for the better part of 2015. At 250 miles from Sheridan to Rapid City, an overnight or a top up in Gillette would bridge this I-90 gap until the Supercharger appears.

A Model S owner owns several hotels in Gillette and is working toward housing a supercharger.

A Model S owner owns several hotels in Gillette and is working toward housing a supercharger.

Wonderful!

If that hotel and Model S owner would apply for Destination Charger(s), Tesla might pay for installation costs in addition to providing the HPWC's, and get something in Gillette very soon. Some 80 Amp HPWC's at a hotel in Gillette could bring him some good business and help bridge this Supercharger gap in the short term. As I have said many times, L2 charging while you sleep is painless.

The "End of 2014" map looks to include those sites which are basically waiting for a transformer. Notable exceptions are Grove City and Lima, OH which must be under construction without the knowledge of TMC. Squinting at the "Coming Soon" map, here are the sites I see:

Golden, BC (site known, under construction)
Petaluma, CA (site known, under construction)
Napa, CA (site & status unknown)
Manteca, CA (site known, under construction)
Mountain View, CA (site & status unknown)
Culver City, CA (site known, under construction)
San Diego, CA (site known, under construction)
Mojave, CA (site & status unknown)
Inyokern, CA (site & status unknown)
Lone Pine, CA (site known, under construction)
Bishop, CA (site & status unknown)
Needles, CA (site & status unknown)
Lovelock, NV (site & status unknown)
Winnemucca, NV (site & status unknown)
Elko, NV (site unknown, may be under construction)
West Wendover, NV (site known, not known to be under construction)
Tooele, UT (site known, not known to be under construction)
Coeur d'Alene, ID (site & status unknown)
Sheridan, WY (site & status unknown)
Albuquerque, NM (site & status unknown)
Las Vegas, NM (site & status unknown)
Santa Rosa, NM (site & status unknown)
Trinidad, CO (site & status unknown)
Amarillo, TX (site & status unknown)
Shamrock, TX (site & status unknown)
Weatherford/Clinton, OK (site & status unknown)
Perry, OK (site known, in permitting)
Ardmore, OK (site & status unknown)
Denton, TX (site known, in permitting)
Wichita, KS (site known, under construction)
Independence, MO (site & status unknown)
St. Charles, MO (site & status unknown)
Springfield, IL (site & status unknown)
Baton Rouge, LA (site known, under construction)
Slidell, LA (site & status unknown)
Mobile, AL (site & status unknown)
Defuniak Springs, FL (site known, in permitting)
Plantation, FL (site known, in permitting)
Marathon, FL (site known, in permitting)
Columbia, SC (site & status unknown)
Charlotte, NC (site known, in permitting)
Nashville, TN (site & status unknown)
Knoxville, TN (site & status unknown)
London, KY (site & status unknown)
Lexington, KY (site & status unknown)
Louisville, KY (site & status unknown)
Norfolk, VA (site & status unknown)
Erie, PA (site & status unknown)
Joyce Kilmer Service Area, NJ (status unknown)
Molly Pitcher Service Area, NJ (status unknown)
Newburgh, NY (site & status unknown)
Utica, NY (site & status unknown)
Syracuse, NY (site & status unknown)
Clarence, NY (site known, in permitting)
West Springfield, MA (site known, in permitting)
White River Junction / Hartford, VT (site & status unknown)
Comber, ON (site known, in permitting)
Barrie, ON (site known, under construction)
Kingston, ON (site known, languishing in need of transformer & hookup)
Drummondville, QC (site known, slowly under construction)

Notably absent: Greenville SC, Tallahassee FL, Portsmouth NH, Portland ME, Allentown PA, Harrisburg PA, Effingham IL, Columnbia MO, Gillette WY

Last edited:
The "End of 2014" map looks to include those sites which are basically waiting for a transformer. Notable exceptions are Grove City and Lima, OH which must be under construction without the knowledge of TMC. Squinting at the "Coming Soon" map, here are the sites I see:

Shamrock, TX (site & status unknown)
Weatherford/Clinton, OK (site & status unknown)

El Reno, OK fits better there, mileage-wise -- 140 miles to Shamrock, 125 to Ardmore, 90 to Perry. Weatherford is 160 from Ardmore, and that's going to be a critical transition heading west for folks coming up from the Gulf coast.

The separate OKC location on the 2015 map won't be needed until the I-44 route is opened up, in that case...

Of course, a red dot without a building permit is just a red dot :)