Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, some people from the German Tesla and friends forum (tff-forum.de) have collected money and are delivering Christmas presents to our heroes, the 3-4 worker crews of Leonard Weiss, the construction company doing all the German SuCs and some more. Photos can be found in this thread:
TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer und Freunde Weihnachtsüberraschung für die Helden des Supercharger-Baus!
Cheers Frank
Nice.
9pZnho6.png

Now the Supercharger is showing up on the map. Hopefully this link works, never know with this dynamic URL - Find Us | Tesla Motors

Wow, another continent!

That brings us to a world-wide total of 293 Superchargers. The other new Supercharger today was Hope, BC. Here are some counts:

ContinentTotalDecember
North America1415
Europe1103
Asia413
Austraila11
World-wide29312

2 in Australia (both in Sydney).

You have to zoom in close on the "Find Us" map to see them.

Sydney - Lower North Shore - 5 stalls

Pyrmont Supercharger - 4 stalls

Wow, another continent!

That brings us to a world-wide total of 293 Superchargers. The other new Supercharger today was Hope, BC. Here are some counts:

ContinentTotalDecember

North America1415
Europe1103
Asia413
Austraila11

World-wide29312

2 in Australia (both in Sydney).

You have to zoom in close on the "Find Us" map to see them.

Sydney - Lower North Shore - 5 stalls

Pyrmont Supercharger - 4 stalls

Nice!

In November and so far in December, we have been seeing almost 1.5 Supercharger openings per day world-wide. Amazing! At that rate, we should blow through 300 in a few days, and going past 600 in 2015 should be in the cards.

The horse race between North America and Europe continues. With a very small sample size in December, North America is pulling away at 5 to 3, but because of sheer size, the holes are filling in for Europe much faster than North America.

Heh, I think for a long while the only good option to go to Denali with your Model S is here.

Just saying. If it's $300k each, at 100 mile spacing it'd now "only" be $6.3M to complete the network (assuming there's enough power along the highway to support it).

- - - Updated - - -

When complete, Red Deer, AB will be about 65 miles closer...

Kamloops will do about the same thing for the Western route.

I Tesla ever gets a Model 3+ cheap enough for me to buy, I will happily add to any Tesla Route To Alaska Kickstarter fund.

Nice!

In November and so far in December, we have been seeing almost 1.5 Supercharger openings per day world-wide. Amazing! At that rate, we should blow through 300 in a few days, and going past 600 in 2015 should be in the cards.

The horse race between North America and Europe continues. With a very small sample size in December, North America is pulling away at 5 to 3, but because of sheer size, the holes are filling in for Europe much faster than North America.

It is a race that i am eagerly watching and astonished at just how fast the race is intensifying this year alone:rolleyes:. The pace in which the superchargers are being released is nothing short of .......astonishing , Most of the chargers have been released within the past two quarters and the year isn't finished yet. For comparison though some members are comparing the ease of roll out in Europe but if you look at the supercharging stations many of them only have two stalls which is significantly easier to build than 6 dedicated stalls for north america

- - - Updated - - -

Update including December 7th, 2014:

North America
2012: 0 + 0 + 2 + 7 = 9
2013: 0 + 2 + 11 + 28 = 41
2014: 32 + 16 + 19 + 23 = 90
Total: 9 + 41 + 90 = 140

Europe
2013: 0 + 0 + 6 + 8 = 14
2014: 0 + 10 + 46 + 40 = 96 (Including: Berlin, Germany)
Total: 14 + 96 = 110

Asia
2014: 0 + 3 + 16 + 22 = 41

Global total: 140 + 110 + 41 = 291

2014 total so far: 90 + 96 + 41 = 227

Q1 2014 total: 32 + 0 + 0 = 32
Q2 2014 total: 16 + 10 + 3 = 29
Q3 2014 total: 19 + 46 + 16 = 81
Q4 2014 so far: 23 + 40 + 22 = 85

First half of 2014: 32 + 29 = 61
Second half of 2014 (so far a total of 160 days): 81 + 85 = 166
Remaining days in second half of 2014: 24

166 new live Supercharger stations in 160 days (in second half of 2014), that's even more than 1 new live Supercharger station per day, that's extraordinary!!!

Thanks Man appreciate it so much keep it up, Just a note though on the north american side you quote 1 more supercharger than listed officially on the website, Just a side note

Ok, I'm again looking for some beta testers who will be making some multi-Supercharger trips to run through my web app LogMySc.com (SuperCharger Trip Logger).

Several folks used it this summer to log some trips to TMC Connect, and found a few problems with it. I've spent this week addressing issues with the clock/time setting and allowing more than one non-charging "stop over". The app now supports unlimited non-charging (and/or L2 charging) "stop overs" (even overnight) between the SuperCharging stops. But the primary objective of the app is to track Supercharger-to-Supercharger trips.

For those who haven't seen it yet, the output of a trip with multiple SC stops looks like this:

untitled5.png

The ultimate objective of this app is to allow users to search the database for real-life driving experiences between Superchargers. EVTripPlanner does a great job of estimating the energy usage between points, but this is meant to record and publish real-life experiences.

I've made the LogMySc forum group public - here: LogMySc - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum so anyone can now use the site and post comments to the group.

Please keep in mind that there are still some minor bugs to be worked out on the calculations which include Stop-overs, so it's still in "beta" phase as I need more "real-life" trips with stop-overs to tweak it so the reporting is correct.

I am going to begin work on the "reporting" features next.

Thanks.

TM fb mentioned the 140 Spc in North America and invited people to look at the 2015 map an hour ago.

I thought this meant the projected map had been updated, but it looks the same.

I came to this thread to post more or less exactly the same message. I love 'em and all, but it's sort of regrettable that Tesla are completely ignoring the accuracy and raison d' etre of the "2014" and "COMING SOON" tabs on that map.

The "300 Superchargers Worldwide!!!" tweet that is incoming any day now, will have a lot more impact, and honestly showcases how important Tesla takes the global nature of its mission. And considering that, the problems with the USA tabs pales a bit.

TM fb mentioned the 140 Spc in North America and invited people to look at the 2015 map an hour ago.

I thought this meant the projected map had been updated, but it looks the same.

To be fair, look at how many commenters on any Tesla-related FB post are a variation on, "Looks great! But I have to save up some more for mine! LOL!"
Directing focus on 2015 or 2016 keeps the future owners encouraged.

Also rather astounding: Rancho Cucamonga already in the Top 10 SuperChargers around the world, when it just opened. Just goes to show how crazy dense Southern California is with Model S's. Also astounding that SJC is #2, and now beat out Fremont. Man, SJC is to be avoided....too busy, too cramped...

Thanks Man appreciate it so much keep it up, Just a note though on the north american side you quote 1 more supercharger than listed officially on the website, Just a side note

That particular Supercharger station is:

Grand Ave (Tesla Service Center), Chicago, IL
1053 W Grand Ave

This particular Supercharger station is not mentioned on the official list of Supercharger stations on the "Find us" page on the Tesla Motors website. It has 2 stalls and is open 24/7. Therefore it is mentioned on the supercharge.info map, and therefore it is taken into the calculation of the total of global Supercharger stations.