Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are open and they work!

Before:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348617852.068885.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348617882.181275.jpg

After:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348618104.988396.jpg

And two rocket scientists came by to check it out and have me a tour of SpaceX! No photos allowed, except this one in the lobby:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348617991.769134.jpg

Because of SpaceX I don't know exactly how long the charge was, but certainly less than an hour.

I have a suggestion for Tesla: Supercharging should be "prohibited, or for a fee" within a certain distance from your home. This will prevent owners from supercharging to save a few $$ in their normal charging regimin which should be done at home, and keep the superchargers available for those that need them while traveling.

I have a suggestion for Tesla: Supercharging should be "prohibited, or for a fee" within a certain distance from your home. This will prevent owners from supercharging to save a few $$ in their normal charging regimin which should be done at home, and keep the superchargers available for those that need them while traveling.

Hey, that was my idea! ;-)

I actually would not enforce this right away, but would just put people "on notice" that that will be the rule as soon as utilization/crowding becomes an issue.

Not particularly practical as the superchargers could be tremendously useful for people living in apartments and such. Or someone, like a real estate agent, that drives a tremendous amount and could need the super charger mid day.

Not particularly practical as the superchargers could be tremendously useful for people living in apartments and such. Or someone, like a real estate agent, that drives a tremendous amount and could need the super charger mid day.

Yes, but if 20,000 cars per year do all their charging at superchargers, I predict long lines at the locations!!

Thats why I say make a rule, and make it early so people are not upset later. Fee applies if you supercharge within say 100 miles of your home location.

For example: If I need to drive to San Diego ( I do this 6 x per year), I will need to supercharge in Los Angeles in order to make the trip. If the locals, 1000's of cars 1st year only, are all trying to charge for free, I will never be able to make my trip!

Last edited:
Their best defense against locals abusing them is to make sure the Superchargers are located in the middle of nowhere - exactly where we need them to be!

Edit: If locals do become a problem, a good solution might be to install a few HPWCs.

Last edited: