Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also think it would be great the have a thread per supercharger so that you could easily find updates for that specific location without having to sift through all the updates here. Then the wiki map could link to those specific threads until the site is live and the link can be replaced with the Tesla URL. I feel like this thread is just too large sometimes to find what you're looking for. Just my opinion though.

I also think it would be great the have a thread per supercharger so that you could easily find updates for that specific location without having to sift through all the updates here. Then the wiki map could link to those specific threads until the site is live and the link can be replaced with the Tesla URL. I feel like this thread is just too large sometimes to find what you're looking for. Just my opinion though.

Most Supercharger sites get their own thread created once they are found out.

There are quite a few in the Southeast section, although none of them so far are within a single charge of Metro Atlanta.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/101-Southeast

Although alot of the dots are placed imprecisely, the Hawthorne map mostly lines up with known sites and/or the Elon road trip map. I do note some things of interest:
- There appears to be a coming soon dot for El Centro, CA but not for Indio, CA (which agrees with our understanding of those sites' permitting status)
- There isn't a dot at Savannah, but there is at Santee (ish), SC and Jacksonville, FL. I think this implies Santee and Jacksonville are farther along with the permitting, which is good news.
- There is a hole in the cross-country route in western Pennsylvania, so the site there may be the last to come online for the cross-country route and therefore be the "golden spike" location.
- There are around 15 "coming soon" sites which have probably been fixed by Tesla but haven't been found precisely.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the updated super charger dashboard map! I see 2-3 east of St. Joesph MI, that I didn't know were coming soon.

No dots yet in Canada though. :(

Those dots are believed to be Angola, IN and Toledo, OH. They are on Elon's road trip map.

I see Toledo OH, but there's something East of that, half way across Lake Erie... Something near Cleveland perhaps? I remember hearing others talk of Youngstown before, could be it.

Nah, I'm willing to bet it's: Macedonia, OH. Macedonia Ohio - first OH supercharger?

- - - Updated - - -

Those dots are believed to be Angola, IN and Toledo, OH. They are on Elon's road trip map.

Last edited:
@Techmaven,

I think the dots are exact locations with permits or construction imminent.

This is map is different than the aspirational map that it now covers. This is precise.

If anything, the dots are slightly north of reality; there seems to be a consistent bias to the north. But with that, this map show reality very well. Every surprise Supercharger that has appeared recently is on this map, and except for some long stretches in Arizona and a big gap in western PA, this map supports the Elon Spring Break Trip. 1-3 more Superchargers and/or some strategic overnight charges and the Supercharger network will be ready for Elon when these are completed.

Take a look at Start of Elon's Trip - Google Maps and below to see how well it correlates to the Hawthorne Design Studio map.

Elon Trip.png

I see Toledo OH, but there's something East of that, half way across Lake Erie... Something near Cleveland perhaps? I remember hearing others talk of Youngstown before, could be it.

Nah, I'm willing to bet it's: Macedonia, OH. Macedonia Ohio - first OH supercharger?

Possibly... but that location would not be as useful as Youngstown, where there is the I-76/I-80 interchange. A supercharger in this location would service travelers going to/from NYC as well as DC. The one in Macedonia isn't really that convenient for anyone, except maybe the locals.

Elon's road trip map shows that dot to be near Elyria, OH where I-80 and I-90 split west of Cleveland. The Hawthorne map has a shift to the north which places that location in the middle of Lake Erie.

I'm still really surprised there isn't a single Canada Supercharger yet. Going into the cold, cold Canadian winter, I really assumed they would have to get at least one in for the PR alone. It makes me think they are either hitting some really serious site acquisition legal/regulatory hurdles in Canada, or they are going for more of a big bang Canada type thing in the spring to get more press when it does happen. About the only good side I can see with these delays is the hope/likelihood that the Canadian chargers will be the latest/greatest and be super-fast. That said, if they do come in the spring I will personally have much less regular use for the them as the degradation hit I take in the cold is the thing I would most like to mitigate with an SC for my regular 401 trips east.

They now have the Supercharger Dashboard inside the Hawthorne Design Studio. It updates every 15 seconds.

Please forgive the question, but is the Hawthorne Design Center open to the public, or owners, or...
Any chance they will make this same information available on the web site?

This would be a great PR tool and I know of lots of owners not in the Hawthorne area that would love to see this type of data.

Maybe a Norway style rollout, and do 6+ at the same time? Having 135kW or whatever is the latest and greatest would be awesome. :)

I'm still really surprised there isn't a single Canada Supercharger yet. Going into the cold, cold Canadian winter, I really assumed they would have to get at least one in for the PR alone. It makes me think they are either hitting some really serious site acquisition legal/regulatory hurdles in Canada, or they are going for more of a big bang Canada type thing in the spring to get more press when it does happen. About the only good side I can see with these delays is the hope/likelihood that the Canadian chargers will be the latest/greatest and be super-fast. That said, if they do come in the spring I will personally have much less regular use for the them as the degradation hit I take in the cold is the thing I would most like to mitigate with an SC for my regular 401 trips east.

Please forgive the question, but is the Hawthorne Design Center open to the public, or owners, or...
Any chance they will make this same information available on the web site?

This would be a great PR tool and I know of lots of owners not in the Hawthorne area that would love to see this type of data.

Hawthorne Design Studio is control access (behind a gate) and accessible by employees of SpaceX, Tesla Motors and anyone driving a Model S.

I agree that this should be available on the website.

Interesting... The map on Supercharger | Tesla Motors finally got updated to the new plan. Here is a screenshot:

Tesla Superchargers.png

Its mostly consistent with the Hawthorne map, but has a few more Superchargers. Some that I noticed are Indio, CA, both Blanding and Moab, UT, Vancouver, BC, Chicago, IL, Savannah, GA, as well as some PA fill-ins. Looking pretty exciting! :biggrin:

Based on this, here is my latest Elon to past the Mississippi guess: Elon Route - Google Maps

Elon Route.png

Maybe it's just me, but your image shows up upside down for me when viewed inline, but shows up fine if I right-click and view the image URL. Strange. I'm going to re-post it here to see if it shows up straight.

View attachment 37068

I see that since the last time somebody posted a photo of this board the Glenwood Springs and Silverthorne Superchargers have fallen off the bottom of the bar chart at left. There are too many Superchargers now for all sites to be listed: is that a sign of progress, or what? :biggrin: