Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the progress on the Gallup SC today taken by my sister-in-law who lives in there. She assures me that the fire is not a burning model S. HA!
photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Credits a Phantom on the original thread.

Yup, a DJI Phantom. Great if you already have a GoPro. It goes for $470. For $1,199, you can get the DJI Phantom Vision 2. The has its own camera (about the same res as a GoPro), live video feed to your smart phone, tilt control, real-time camera control, better range, and better flight time. One thing that it does not have is simultaneous video and high res stills like the GoPro. If you already own a GoPro, go with the original Phantom. If you don't own a GoPro already, its a toss up.

- - - Updated - - -

Kingman AZ. Looks like construction is underway at the Carl's Jr. Location I-40 and AZ Hwys 93 and 66.

The address there is 789 West Beale Street, Kingman, AZ. Looks like a long stretch from Barstow, 209 miles. I guess that you could do the dog-leg through Vegas, but...:eek:

2812 Lenwood Rd, Barstow, CA 92311 to 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 - Google Maps

I'm looking at this closely given that I plan to try the road trip to SoCal with my son this spring.

Yup, a DJI Phantom. Great if you already have a GoPro. It goes for $470. For $1,199, you can get the DJI Phantom Vision 2. The has its own camera (about the same res as a GoPro), live video feed to your smart phone, tilt control, real-time camera control, better range, and better flight time. One thing that it does not have is simultaneous video and high res stills like the GoPro. If you already own a GoPro, go with the original Phantom. If you don't own a GoPro already, its a toss up.

- - - Updated - - -

The address there is 789 West Beale Street, Kingman, AZ. Looks like a long stretch from Barstow, 209 miles. I guess that you could do the dog-leg through Vegas, but...:eek:

2812 Lenwood Rd, Barstow, CA 92311 to 2650 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 - Google Maps

I'm looking at this closely given that I plan to try the road trip to SoCal with my son this spring.

I updated the SC Progress Wiki: Supercharger Progress - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW I did the Barstow/Kingman run a year ago with my S85 and had no problem. But you have to manage your speed at the low end of the range. Pretty sure I stayed at 65 or less.

FWIW I did the Barstow/Kingman run a year ago with my S85 and had no problem. But you have to manage your speed at the low end of the range. Pretty sure I stayed at 65 or less.

Yes, I have gotten pretty good a hypermiling when I need to. The worst part is getting that last bit of charge with the Supercharger taper. It is just so very frustrating. :cursing:

I've found that the frunk makes a great place to store my Phantom 2 Vision in its Pelican case. It's a pretty sweet setup, and it garners a lot of double takes when I pop the frunk on the Model S and pull out a quadcopter. The only disadvantage of the new Phantom that I can see is that the Vision's gimbal is stabilized only in pitch, and you really need both pitch and roll stabilization for good video.

I-40 will be a bit tough for us 60 owners. Barstow to Kingman is a no-go in either direction -- so the Vegas detour would be necessary.

Kingman to Flagstaff will be very dicey -- EVTripper shows its 147 miles between SCs, but with a 9000 ft gain (and 5500 ft drop), it will take 196.4 rated miles to drive assuming 100 degree temps and 600 pound payload (and Kingman can easily get 110+ in summer; although temps drop going up to Flag). At freezing temps, that goes up to 199.9 rated miles. Both of those are driving posted limit -- so driving 5-10 under would help -- but still will be dicey. Westbound is all downhill, so that won't be a problem...

Then again, I've only ever driven Kingman to Flagstaff once -- not a common route for those of us in Phoenix...

I-40 will be a bit tough for us 60 owners. Barstow to Kingman is a no-go in either direction -- so the Vegas detour would be necessary.

Kingman to Flagstaff will be very dicey -- EVTripper shows its 147 miles between SCs, but with a 9000 ft gain (and 5500 ft drop), it will take 196.4 rated miles to drive assuming 100 degree temps and 600 pound payload (and Kingman can easily get 110+ in summer; although temps drop going up to Flag). At freezing temps, that goes up to 199.9 rated miles. Both of those are driving posted limit -- so driving 5-10 under would help -- but still will be dicey. Westbound is all downhill, so that won't be a problem...

Then again, I've only ever driven Kingman to Flagstaff once -- not a common route for those of us in Phoenix...
You can avoid the mountain climbing by going south from Kingman to Quartzsite, then on to PHX. Essentially the same distance and 134 miles of mostly downhill driving.

Crossposting from Ohio Superchargers thread:

I stopped by the Macedonia, OH site (under construction) and talked with the crew there... unfortunately, they have no news on other planned SCs in the area. Was really hoping they would give some info about a Toledo SC or something to the east in PA. Haven't been able to find any clues of a SC in the Maumee, Perrysburg, Holland, or Toledo govt websites. I *may* have be in Toledo this weekend; will do some scouting if I'm there.

Link to some pics of the progress in Macedonia, OH:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...chargers/page4?p=523286&viewfull=1#post523286

A supercharger is being built on the south end of the new Highland Park, IL service center(1200 Old Skokie Road). There are four stalls. Not sure if this is the Chicago dot on the map as it is not on the initial Elon cross country map. The service center opens next Friday, so it may be done by then.
IMG_0398.JPG

Last edited: