Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A supercharger is being built on the south end of the new Highland Park, IL service center. There are four stalls. Not sure if this is the Chicago dot on the map as it is not on the initial Elon cross country map. The service center opens next Friday, so it may be done by then.
Excellent! Proof of superchargers going in at service centers! That is promising for the dot in Seattle to be a site at the new Seattle service center.

I finally caught up in this thread. Only took a couple days! Great reporting everyone! I was trying to keep up with every Supercharger install but, as others have mentioned, that is getting too hard to do.

So super cool to watch this happening! Way to go Tesla!

Cheers!

You can avoid the mountain climbing by going south from Kingman to Quartzsite, then on to PHX. Essentially the same distance and 134 miles of mostly downhill driving.

That works if your destination is PHX, but if its FMN and the 4-corners region where I live that is your destination, it really does not help much. It is a lot of extra distance and you still have to do the PHX to FLG climb which is also nearly impossible in a 60.

Updated:
I looked at the map again, and your Quartzsite suggestion is the solution, but with Indio for getting to Flagstaff and eastward. The good route without long and up-hill segments for getting east on I-40 from LA is Hawthorne, Indio, Quartzsite, Kingman, Flagstaff - Google Maps; just skip PHX. :wink:

Last edited:
You can avoid the mountain climbing by going south from Kingman to Quartzsite, then on to PHX. Essentially the same distance and 134 miles of mostly downhill driving.

That's a very long way to go to Flagstaff...

Also not the shortest way to Phoenix -- Kingman to Phoenix via Wickenburg is reachable in a 60 going South. Plus, the 2014 SC map has one going in in Wickenburg...

That's a very long way to go to Flagstaff...

Also not the shortest way to Phoenix -- Kingman to Phoenix via Wickenburg is reachable in a 60 going South. Plus, the 2014 SC map has one going in in Wickenburg...
Should've mentioned that my destination is always Tucson, so I want to arrive at the Scottsdale TM store with as much of a charge as possible to cut down on the charging time there. Wickenburg would mean an extra hour + in charging time as I don't have dual chargers. Buckeye/Casa Grande SC's will eliminate the need for this discussion, for me anyway.

Talked to the crew at SJC on Friday at 130PM.

They'd love is any owners could drop food off for them ;-) Monday they start work at 7am.

5 week build schedule.

They just came from working in Murrieta, CA (didn't ask exactly where or current status).

Enjoy.

photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG

Looks like trenching is underway.

Attachments

• photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Madison, WI Supercharger Status

Does anyone know an open date for Madison wi? Please pm me. ASAP. Have Christmas travel plans and need it very much.

I grabbed the following from the Wisconsin Discussion & Tracking Sticky.
I would make alternate plans in lieu of trying to Supercharge @ Madison over Christmas 2013.
Available very SOON yes, just not in under two weeks, for December 25.

<<Per Vandersmom on 12-12-13 @ 7:44 PM
"Stopped at Madison construction site tonight. Here is a photo of the "ditch". Looks like all of the "stuff" is there. Hopefully soon!">>
attachment.php?attachmentid=37891&d=1386898924.jpg