TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla technical information

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Gausspowered, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Gausspowered

Gausspowered New Member

Hello all, my name is ryan and I am new to the TMC forums and teslas in general. I am on here because I have been thinking of taking on a new automotive project I want it to be different than anything I've done in the past. So I have decided on using a tesla as a donor vehicle, I am still in research so i don't have specifics of what model will be the donor or what will be the recipient yet that will be based on cost and deminsions and such. I am wondering if you guys have good sites and sources for technical info on teslas like tech service manuals or wiring diagrams etc... Tesla seems to be pretty tight lipped with all their secrets, imagine that. I know I will have to learn a ton, but I do come from a strong mechanical/electrical background. I worked as a master BMW tech where I was exposed to alot of electrical/bus issues. I currently work @ BNSF where I am exposed to diesel generators that power traction motors to propel locomotives. Any info, thoughts would be welcome. I will probably start by scouring this site and driving 4 hrs to the nearest tesla dealer to test drive one and look them over for ideas and things to think about. Thanks again. I look forward to starting this project!

2. Tiger

Tiger Member

3. Gausspowered

Gausspowered New Member

Hey, Tiger thanks for the reply. Do you know if he is a member on here?

4. TacC

TacC Member

Yes, and his name is @Btr_ftw

5. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy

6. Gausspowered

Gausspowered New Member

Hey there, so I hear you have rebuilt a salvaged model s. Wondering if you have any sites or places with good build information, mabye a trusted source for a service manual or wiring diagrams? Any information for my research would be very welcome. Any major suggestions or things to consider also welcome. Thanks again and I hope to be starting a thread with pics and a vlog to show my build.

7. Btr_ftw

Btr_ftw Court Jester

service manuals are available online from various sources just do a google search they are all over (perhaps even a few on ebay) I have access to mine because I live in MA but I would not be able to share it.

not sure what specifically you are trying to do but I can help where I can

• Like x 1
  8. Gausspowered

Gausspowered New Member

not sure what specifically you are trying to do but I can help where I can[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds good if I come across anything I can't figure out I may reach out to you. Basicly I will be looking for a salvaged model s possibly a model 3 If anyone wrecks one soon and swap all the drive train including battery and center display screen into a race type vehicle to have somthing completly different and might even help Jumpstart a EV muscle car type thing. I plan on using a dual motor set up. Not sure what I will be able to buy salvaged nor what I will be putting it in as I will have to determine that when I have a better idea of the deminsions I need and such. But I would like to fit it into somthing like a 71-73 datsun 510 and make a fun hobby car to take to the dragstrip or road course.