Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the manips took over, so obvious.

Not clear yet if $400 or $405 is the target though.

The risk for them is that we often get some Monday FOMO late on Fridays towards the end, this week the P&D speculators might jump in too.

It looks like a tug-of-war between a group of $400 MMs and another group of $405 MMs.
Toss the popcorn!

What's up with Newsom's press conference banning ICE vehicles yesterday. He never once mentioned Tesla while throwing praise at Ford for being the industry leader in EV developement?

Well, he's either a dick, ignorant or compromised, or more likely an ignorant, compromised dick.

From Bloomberg:

upload_2020-9-25_11-11-53.png

So much changed on 22 September.

What didn’t change is that the world needs 20 TWh of yearly battery production capacity to get rid of fossil fuels.

What did change is that we no longer need 133 factories the size of a completed GF1 in Nevada to accomplish that. We only need 12. Totally doable.

So much changed on 22 September that we should call it National Battery Day from now on.

Ya. Despite being the biggest player in fighting climate change, Elon somehow has become a pretty disliked figure in the liberal community. A combination of his wealth, the products being associated wealth and the media not helping illustrate the massive disparity between Tesla and every other car maker in the US has made Tesla a swear word in the wrong crowd.

People are blinded by their ideologies.

So much changed on 22 September.

What didn’t change is that the world needs 20 TWh of yearly battery production capacity to get rid of fossil fuels.

What did change is that we no longer need 133 factories the size of a completed GF1 in Nevada to accomplish that. We only need 12. Totally doable.

So much changed on 22 September that we should call it National Battery Day from now on.

It seriously will be the day ICE died. I don't foresee another date being clearly as significant, though I bet there will be efforts by politicians and auto companies to steal the limelight in say, 2025: "Ford declares the combustion engine era officially over in grand announcement."

A lot of disbelief on the video from people who seem to know their stuff.

I tend to believe the Tesla presentation purely on their ability to think creatively and invent and to look at every part of the whole chain.

I don't think disbelief is the right word. In general they were fairly positive overall especially for the downstream innovations battery day discussed.
What I heard were appropriate questions related to Tesla's claims related to the supply chain components and upstream in general. Does anyone believe that 100% of the innovations Tesla discussed will all come to fruition? Clearly no so to appropriate challenge parts of the presentation was certainly expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustMe
We're in the 7th inning of the final game of the week, sports fans, and the market makers have succeeded in keeping TSLA between 400 and 405, which is this Friday's sweet spot for them. Unfortunately for them, the NASDAQ keeps climbing, and at some point if the climb continues the cap will fail and we're run higher into the close. OTOH, a dip of the NASDAQ late in the day would allow a dip in TSLA, but I think it would remain above 400 because there are too many open puts with 400 strike to let it fall much below. Trying to order a hot dog and a beer for the remainder of the game.

I am trying to reconcile the above with my vision of the Prudent Business. Given an acceptable return, be it ROI, ROA, ROC or whatever matters when making one’s go/no go decisions, that a firm would turn down an opportunity to its rivals because Tesla might cannibalize them down the road strikes me as nigh inconceivable. I think that is even more the case because if we take that thought process one further step, then our Prudent Business would have to consider its rival, instead, to be bearing such risk...and were that to come to pass, then not only would our PB have lost the opportunity of having gained said Return, but now would have Tesla as a rival?

Is there something wrong with my view? It’s 0330 here so maybe I shouldn’t be signing or not signing any contracts.....

If your company does not have some secret sauce, then you are a commodity. If you have said SS, then you don't want to share it with a company that will just learn from you, copy you, improve on you and replace you. Resistance is futile!

We're in the 7th inning of the final game of the week, sports fans, and the market makers have succeeded in keeping TSLA between 400 and 405, which is this Friday's sweet spot for them. Unfortunately for them, the NASDAQ keeps climbing, and at some point if the climb continues the cap will fail and we're run higher into the close. OTOH, a dip of the NASDAQ late in the day would allow a dip in TSLA, but I think it would remain above 400 because there are too many open puts with 400 strike to let it fall much below. Trying to order a hot dog and a beer for the remainder of the game.

Indeed, a dangerous game they play. Monday FOMO might kick-in, combined with P&D speculation...

I don't think disbelief is the right word. In general they were fairly positive overall especially for the downstream innovations battery day discussed.
What I heard were appropriate questions related to Tesla's claims related to the supply chain components and upstream in general. Does anyone believe that 100% of the innovations Tesla discussed will all come to fruition? Clearly no so to appropriate challenge parts of the presentation was certainly expected.

"Does anyone believe that 100% of the innovations Tesla discussed will all come to fruition?"

Yes, I do. Everything targeted (apart from FSD, incredibly hard) has been done as far as I'm aware. Some dates missed, but predictions from many years ago hit too.

FSD is a unique challenge.

The rest is physical, chemical, engineering. It wasn't just Elon who was confident, so was Drew. They've been working on this for years.

They'll do as much Nickel as they can, fill it in with Iron Phosphate. Dry, larger cells, tabless works for both.

The mining, getting raw materials, pure silicon are the biggest area of disagreement and I'm usually a cynic. Elon/Tesla persuaded me.