Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90% of Traders lose money (I've given my example that I would have twice as many TSLA shares if I didn't try to time the market.) HODL Investors in a breakthrough company like Tesla will do well, very well. Anyone thinking Tesla is a get rich quick play should cash out now. Tesla is a multi year play. Let compound growth work for you.
Well my example is that by not just holding I have 4x as many shares as I would otherwise have.

I'ld bet a lot that 90% of Tesla traders that are trading on Tesla going up has not lost money.

We're not talking about trading random companies. Anyone that is here has a lot of advantage compared not only to the average trader but also to most professionals.

Is this serious? I took his $69,420 post to be a joke. But I'm seeing multiple news outlets report it as a fact. Tesla.com still shows $72K at the moment...
I think there would be some legitimate claims of false advertising if they did not sell them for this now. He said "tonight" so it will probably flip over at some point. Some poor intern got a call to let him know he would be up late updating the website. ;)

Wow! Second highest close ever, second highest low, and fourth highest high. Awesome!

Of course we were obviously manipulated all day. Higher:rolleyes:. I'm mind-boggled that we see awesome results like this on a down day and still the whiners and fools keep blathering about manipulation and capping and other utter BS.

Please guys, just take your massive profits and be pleased with them. Use your energy to manage your portfolio and understand the stock(s) you are in. It's much more effective and satisfying.
You know if you want to start calling so many of us on here fools you might not like what we call you.

I think there would be some legitimate claims of false advertising if they did not sell them for this now. He said "tonight" so it will probably flip over at some point. Some poor intern got a call to let him know he would be up late updating the website. ;)
So, all you numerologists that buy mystic shares every time they cross $420.69, are you going to buy a mystic MS for $69,420?

I see people say stuff like this a lot. I feel like people don't understand what the s and p is. It's not a fund or like ARK or something. It's an index that exists to function as a barometer for measuring the health of the economy. They aren't actively seeking the best return on their money or investing money on behalf of clients. It's designed to reflect the economy on the whole. To be honest it would make sense for them NOT to include Tesla until they think it has come to the end of it's amazing growth. If the s and p includes Tesla and then it 10xs while the rest of the economy is crumbling then the index isn't serving it's purpose. Including Tesla after it's growth has ended is more reflective of the economy on the whole.
i was one of the five (so far) disagrees.
The reason being is that you contradict yourself. In as much as one of the characteristics of a barometer is in its movement(change). And the index is supposed to capture the health of the economy NOW. Not when it settles.

I could have sworn an early iteration of the tweet said 12:01am, but maybe I imagined it.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
MS prices

UK LR = £75k
US LR = $72k soon to be $69.5k which is lower

UK Perf = £90k
US Perf = $92k which is similar

UK Plaid = £131k
US Plaid = $140k which is higher

Exchange rate = 0.77 so Plaid would be £101k for parity. Apart from competing with Lucid, a low US LR allows 500k to be hit - lots of West Cost orders to fulfil in the last week of the quarter.

Okay, I will bite. My typical conservative thoughts:
  1. V11 tied in with 4D re-write
    1. Games etc.
    2. Tesla Music
    3. Boring Co tunnel FSD
    4. V4 Snake charger differentiated in map
    5. Car sharing
  2. Rear facing 3rd row
  3. MY SR+
  4. MY std interior

The context of the conversation suggests to me it may be related to batteries and motors.. and perhaps castings.

V11 with 4D is also likely, and perhaps that will support (future) snake chargers.

Seems to me snake chargers are best located in indoor locations, when we will see them is an open question.

But overall we are much more likely to guess wrong than right, even if Green is right

Concerned about weatherproofing?

Weatherproofing, accidents, freezing up in cold temps, wind, rain, snow, heat, and general wear.

it is possible the snake charger could operate outdoors, it just seems easier to initially get it working indoors.

For example it could drop down from the ceiling... that way when it retracts it is 100% out of the way...

If it is on the ground, someone may back into it.

I suppose I should say "undercover" rather than "indoors", being under a roof covers most of my concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thumper
Having above-ground electrical transmission lines cost PG&E a bankruptcy after last year's wildfires in N.California.

Or rather, it cost their creditors and shareholders...

I say put those line UNDER the forrest, because the fires are here for the forseeable future. Isn't that' what investors are supposted to do? Forsee the future?

Cheers!

Technically, the fires can and do also go underground. Damages should generally be less, though.

not really. kinda already addressed at battery day to an extent.

i like the one from emmet P better
(and no i’m not emmet P)

Say

Forget battery questions, Keven P. asks the real ones, "It is frustrating to have to go to Elon's twitter to do feature requests and bug report recognition. Can we please get a Tesla Official community feedback system with up/downvoting?"

I don't know anything about the area or what's planned. That's why I'm asking. I mean across Quantum Dr. Looking at googlemaps it looks like buildings have been torn down there. Looking at the video it looks like the ground is now much more level and 'prepared'.

Seems unlikely that Tesla would want to build anything more in Fremont at the moment but if no one else is either they could probably rent it for parking cars waiting to be delivered. Even employee cars seems to need somewhere better to park than any space on the factory site.

Not that I sit around looking at other factories every day but I don't think I've ever seen a factory site this crowded.
The land adjacent to the giga-casting machine is a residential complex. It was a sore subject when Fremont was ramping up and Tesla could and still does need more space. Residential space is just as scarce though. In the long run being forced to expand outside of Fremont and to increase efficiency will be better then having that extra space.

Sadly, even younger UK people probably won't get it now.
Lucid is taking into account the tax credit at that $69,900. The actual price is $77,400. Like MP3Mike said, who knows the status of the tax credit 2-3 years from now.

The status of the tax credit will be determined on 3 November 2020.