Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta give them some credit, they shook me out of 25 short term calls this AM. Should have doubled them instead. Feel incredibly stupid, and yet had plowed into them right after S&P announcement so maybe I should not be so hard on myself....

Waiting for now, still have plenty of calls for next week.

Wondering if secondary is done. It will be by tomorrow pm, I am fairly sure.

Reactions: FrankSG
I always find it intriguing when forum members talk about friends or family razzing them and such about Tesla, Elon, TSLA, SpaceX etc...

There is not a single person in my circle of friends, family or acquaintances who ever say one negative or disparaging word on the topics.

On reflection, I’m not sure that’s because I wouldn’t tolerate such talk for a second or if it’s because I’ve finally managed to get my message across that they are never invited to my mountain and have alienated everyone.
upload_2020-12-10_15-11-37.jpeg

Tesla is quietly performing. Somehow without me noticing, they opened a 12-stall V3 supercharger less than two miles from my home on a road that I regularly travel. While looking it up for this post I found another one in San Diego (Chula Vista, "south of the 8") that I didn't know existed. Just an OT anecdote, but it reminds me why I stay invested. That, and the ridiculous profits.

I had to sell 100 shares this morning, but it was to round out my cash to buy into SpaceX so I don't feel too bad about it. It was very tough deciding to sell those shares and miss out on a potential 30% gain vs taking money from other sources that will be taxed at my marginal tax rate. Fortunately I'm reminding myself that this is a very small chunk of my holdings so I'm still in the cool kid's club.

Last edited:
I had to sell 100 shares this morning, but it's to buy into SpaceX so I don't feel too bad about it. It was very tough deciding to sell those shares and miss out on a potential 30% gain vs taking money from other sources that will be taxed at my marginal tax rate. Fortunately I'm reminding myself that this is a very small chunk of my holdings so I'm still in the cool kid's club.
If you're buying SpaceX I'd say you've upgraded to the exclusive club. Congrats!

I believe it was Tuesday (who the hell knows what is posted on what day anymore) that folks here were expressing some consternation about how easily they have acquired big money via TSLA. Yesterday and today are the days where you "earned" your gains by bucking conventional wisdom and sticking to your beliefs.

Most people would panic sell and take a small profit/loss and move on. If you have owned TSLA through the FUD, production issues, TSLAQ, SEC, hacking attempts/hijack attempt, and sharp spikes and drops then you have earned your gains. Kudos, and appreciate the stubborn repetition of @StealthP3D @Krugerrand and others hammering home that all you need to do is be patient.

I had to sell 100 shares this morning, but it's to buy into SpaceX so I don't feel too bad about it. It was very tough deciding to sell those shares and miss out on a potential 30% gain vs taking money from other sources that will be taxed at my marginal tax rate. Fortunately I'm reminding myself that this is a very small chunk of my holdings so I'm still in the cool kid's club.
How exactly are you buying into SpaceX? I am also interested, but was not able to find a way to do that.

~~~There is a very specifically-titled thread for just that. No more discussion here.~~~

I little check on next week which should be a big week one way or another. Lots on OI and the max-pain is way skewed by tons of low Puts. I threw this GIF together to give everyone a closer look at where the real play will be. Notice the Puts filling in under $600. Yesterdays mornings dip probably made more of those Puts an easy sell for THEM. Now they need to make the 600 strike a tailwind so THEY won't get slaughtered on Friday. Today if we hoover around 600 long enough Puts at that strike will sell like hotcakes.

TSLA next week0.gif

Green again!
Another Festivus Miracle!

Question: last year, New Year’s Day fell mid week and the Q4 P+D was released on a Friday, I believe, the 3rd.

This year the 1st is a Friday. Would we expect the numbers to come out on the 4th(Monday) or is a weekend release not out of the question?

thx
BT

• Funny
Reactions: dc_h
How exactly are you buying into SpaceX? I am also interested, but was not able to find a way to do that.
Through Sharespost. Basically a fund was created in a holding company and investors buy into that. It's not quite as cool as owning shares directly but it's the closest shot you have if you aren't mega rich.

Wow. You're using one of the off-exchange second market providers, and getting directly on the cap table? Or have you managed to make a clever agreement to be part of a funding round? Curious how you've managed. Kudos, regardless :)
The former, I'm not quite rich enough for the latter yet. ;)

I believe it was Tuesday (who the hell knows what is posted on what day anymore) that folks here were expressing some consternation about how easily they have acquired big money via TSLA. Yesterday and today are the days where you "earned" your gains by bucking conventional wisdom and sticking to your beliefs.

Most people would panic sell and take a small profit/loss and move on. If you have owned TSLA through the FUD, production issues, TSLAQ, SEC, hacking attempts/hijack attempt, and sharp spikes and drops then you have earned your gains. Kudos, and appreciate the stubborn repetition of @StealthP3D @Krugerrand and others hammering home that all you need to do is be patient.

Absolutely! I've been invested since early 2012, it's all just noise to me, can't believe how some investors make so much of less than 10% swings, 'tis nowt! ;)

Wow. You're using one of the off-exchange second market providers, and getting directly on the cap table? Or have you managed to make a clever agreement to be part of a funding round? Curious how you've managed. Kudos, regardless :)

~~~LAST post on this topic. New members can expect some slack; old-timers need to know better.~~~