Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about entering a GTC order to sell 125 shares to pay for a founders edition Roadster 2. :cool:
Can't imagine how many R2's Elon will need to pump out to satisfy TMC and other TSLA longs demand. Literally tens of thousands of somewhat nerdy 48 year old newly retired middle aged men will be waiting in line. They probably need to bump up the price.

The funny part is, they are still actively missing it. Like you can buy in today, and still have major returns that outperform the market. This article could have been written a year ago, now, or a year from now. It'll keep going up and they'll say again "Drats! I missed it!". Just, like... buy some stock!
True dat. Last November/December, my Step-father and a dear older friend who both are rich due to their knowledge and action within the stock market over the last 50 years, advised me to not invest in TSLA when I broached the subject with each of them separately. They both looked at the stock and informed me I had missed the boat. I took their advice, and stayed out of it, until January 30.
Since then I have gotten both of them to invest heavily by my standards, but not until a couple of weeks before the split.
So the best time to get in was yesterday, the next best time is today, and if you can't then tomorrow you really should.

Whoa....2020 gets weirder every waking moment :)

upload_2020-12-10_8-14-9.png

Goddamn, this stock is insane.

Cannot complain as I am banking large over the past month but the past 48 hours have beaten me to s$%.

Guess my position was too large if I lost sleep over this. Sure wish I had just bit my tongue for half an hour in the morning instead of talking to myself about limiting exposure, not letting gains slip away and yada yada yada.

And yet, I am still making money. So obviously I am deranged. I need to find some balance here...

I think you mean a fundamental change in supply. Demand will change with the wind, as usual. Supply will be lower as many shares will be locked up by index funds.

Volatility is the interesting question. When you're in the S&P index it conveys an idea of stability and respectability to some extent. However, having a smaller float perforce means larger swings on the same kind of share action. So what will we see? I don't know.
No, I mean demand. The supply is fixed, barring more capital raises. I'm not talking about float, but the demand to HOLD Tesla shares is increasing. Yes demand does go up and down, but this is a permanent positive pressure on demand. If a bunch of banks decide to buy gold and hold it in their vaults, that doesn't change supply of gold. I'm viewing this as an economist would. I suppose stock traders might view that differently by looking through the perspective of float.

side note, considering almost every Tesla owner I know has paint protection film, I wonder if Xpel can thank Tesla for some of that success.

My research into protective films led to Hyperchange on Youtube and to purchasing some XPEL stock. I did get it on my 3 and the stock has exceeded Tesla in appreciation in my case.

Goddamn, this stock is insane.

Cannot complain as I am banking large over the past month but the past 48 hours have beaten me to s$%.

Guess my position was too large if I lost sleep over this. Sure wish I had just bit my tongue for half an hour in the morning instead of talking to myself about limiting exposure, not letting gains slip away and yada yada yada.

And yet, I am still making money. So obviously I am deranged. I need to find some balance here...

I slept through today’s morning dip, so avoided the dilemma.. I think I’ll adjust my body clock to a 7:30am Pacific instead of the current 6am... :D

Lol, why so bearish? Why not 179 shares for 2 Founder's Roadsters? (gift one for Tasha) :D

Cheers!
Don't want to be too greedy. I already have a GTC sell for 450 shares at $3100.01 to pay for a 3 car garage house I have my eye on. Housing market is hot, and good houses sell fast though, faster than TSLA shorts lose money.

Who you calling 'nerdy'????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I'm nerdy, though a bit younger. I hope to retire soon and intend to buy a roadster. I'd like my garage to be a cybertruck and roadster but I still need to buy a house. I sold my house last year and put much of the equity into tsla. Currently living in a one bedroom apartment and developing patience.