Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This macro downswing is total nonsense. Maybe a bit oil related, but it's silly to think these guys aren't buying the dip here with vaccine rollout going to plan and Fed pumping money.

It is certainly related to the mutated CORONA virus in UK. Everything is crashing while ZM is up 3.5%. It was up 5% at some point when I saw

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I know it's not really directly TSLA related, but seeing how concecus seems to be that the downturn in the overall market is due to "new strain of Covid" in the UK. (I'm an MD and follow this stuff closely, so I think I know what I'm talking about): It's not a new strain, it's a variant. It's called SARS-CoV-2 VUI 202012/01. It is one of many genetic variants of the virus. It's been the main variant spreading in the UK recently. There is no reason in particular to think it's more infectious or more virulent (disease causing) than other variants, probably through chance it's just the one that spreads a lot currently in the UK. Again - it's NOT a new strain. Strain and variant are not the same. In fact since the start of the pandemic there has been no new strains. This variant most likely is biologically equivalent to all other variants known.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/de...le-spike-protein-mutations-United-Kingdom.pdf

Note: Me saying "it's not a new strain, but a new variant" uses the nomeclature of the experts - that I would highly trust - in the podcast TWIW - This Week in Virology, which I've been following every episode of in the last year. They haven't been wrong once on this stuff. If you have time listen to the last episode: TWiV 696: Tear down that SARS-CoV-2 manuscript | This Week in Virology

Last edited:
I know that we have this "super covid" variant to possibly worry about, but I'm surprised the market is down. It is alleged to be more contagious which isn't that scary to me as the regular strain is already crazy contagious. Haven't seen anything about more lethality though. Between vaccines and the stimulus bill I would think we would be up.

Reactions: NooB_cat and cjkosh
I know it's not really directly TSLA related, but seeing how concecus seems to be that the downturn is due to "new strain of Covid" in the UK. (I'm an MD and follow this stuff closely, so I think I know what I'm talking about): It's not a new strain, it's a variant. It's called SARS-CoV-2 VUI 202012/01. It is one of many genetic variants of the virus. It's been the main variant spreading in the UK. There is no reason in particular to think it's more infective or more virulent (disease causing) than other variants, probably through chance it's just the one that spreads a lot currently in the UK. Again - it's NOT a new strain. Strain and variant are not the same. In fact since the start of the pandemic there has been no new strains. This variant most likely is biologically equivalent to all other variants known.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/de...le-spike-protein-mutations-United-Kingdom.pdf

Why people panicking about it all of a sudden?

Most retail investors can start trading from 7:00 ET. The 4:00 to 7:00 ET trading window is only available to a select few or you need to sign up for that.
Because only a select few have access before 7AM, I'm not sure who, MM's I would guess

Bigger crowd comes in at 7AM, then another bunch (including myself) gets access at 8AM, hence you always see a movement at 14:00CET
At IB you can trade at 4 AM ET.

Reactions: M|S|W and saniflash
Low volume on the opening cross this morning (520k shares paired), and it occasionally popped up with a sell-side imbalance - further supporting the idea that index funds have all the shares they need.

In terms of the order book, standing orders are skewed to the sell-side, with approximately 730k shares' with of sell orders between current price and $700.