Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we can all coordinate together to buy at dip at large amount. This way when stock market crashes and recover, TSLA will be top recovery stock.

I think it is already showing that in the premarket price
Legal considerations aside, I am about 95% in TSLA and 5% in cash and suspect that many other TMCers have same or even smaller cash position. Our power to tank the stock is multitudes bigger than propping the price up :(.

There may be a few bigger one-time market cap drops in the history of capitalism, but there’s never been a one day drop and reversal anywhere close to that magnitude.

:rolleyes: I hope you're not serious.

From the perspectives of investors, all that matters is the percentage change. In actual dollar terms it would be Elon who was most affected but the fact that he wasn't contemplating selling means it was insignificant to him as well.

For information purposes: I go all cash every December to force a kinetic decision to choose each and every investment. Yesterday gave me a chance to get back into Tesla and only miss $26 of the presumed future value increase. Out at $675 in December. In at average of $701 for yesterday's buys.

I am where I want to be until next November - December.

Minus Capital Gains Taxes, right?

Edit: unless in a tax exempt account as was pointed out somewhere above

Reactions: Thumper
Last edited by a moderator:
For information purposes: I go all cash every December to force a kinetic decision to choose each and every investment. Yesterday gave me a chance to get back into Tesla and only miss $26 of the presumed future value increase. Out at $675 in December. In at average of $701 for yesterday's buys.

I am where I want to be until next November - December.

Minus Capital Gains Taxes, right?

yeah, making huge moves with your entire portfolio for a 3.5% gain is probably not gonna work out that well in the end.

It seems Lucid Motors was raising $2.4B in equity in private deals (including the Saudi's) at $10/share while they were offering shares in a cap raise to the general market at around $57/share. Not a good look, not well received by retail investors either.

"CCIV Tanking, Wall Street Using SPACs To Screw The Little Guy" | Wall Street Millennial

These SPACs just seem so sketchy... o_O

No, it's not. Not on the planet I come from. Every delay pushes the transition to EV's further into the future.

Tesla was not given a free pass on their production delays and Lucid will not be given one either, especially considering that Tesla is just starting to hit their stride and they're running, not walking, into the EV future. Every delay puts Lucid into an even more challenging position.

Anyone can make a plan, the market wants to see them do it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose...-says-first-deliveries-have-been-delayed.html

Agree and the delays at Tesla, by Musk's own admission had them on the edge.

I keep coming back to the idea that Lucid came out last fall and claimed they'd have the longest range EV and how it was so much better than the Model S.... and it was coming out soon! This is the Model S beater that we've been waiting for! Now the Model S has been re-freshed and the Plaid+ is likely to be out at the same time. So they will have similar range, be slower, have less of a charging network, etc. They missed a pretty significant window.

Tesla began production in mid June 2012 and delivered ~2452

Tesla delivered ~22,300 Model S in 2013.

Here is my prediction: Lucid will beat both first year and second year Tesla deliveries.

Oh really?

So a decade after Tesla showed people how to design and make a modern, desirable EV that appeals to the mainstream, Lucid is going to ramp more quickly in 2022?

Profound insight there. :rolleyes:
/s

Agree and the delays at Tesla, by Musk's own admission had them on the edge.

I keep coming back to the idea that Lucid came out last fall and claimed they'd have the longest range EV and how it was so much better than the Model S.... and it was coming out soon! This is the Model S beater that we've been waiting for! Now the Model S has been re-freshed and the Plaid+ is likely to be out at the same time. So they will have similar range, be slower, have less of a charging network, etc. They missed a pretty significant window.

Last fall? The Lucid Air was unveiled in 2016, and Lucid claimed it would go into production by 2018.

Lucid Motors unveils the Air, a new luxe electric car with a 400-mile range – TechCrunch

It seems Lucid Motors was raising $2.4B in equity in private deals (including the Saudi's) at $10/share while they were offering shares in a cap raise to the general market at around $57/share. Not a good look, not well received by retail investors either.

"CCIV Tanking, Wall Street Using SPACs To Screw The Little Guy" | Wall Street Millennial

These SPACs just seem so sketchy... o_O

I'm not a SPAC-expert, but it appears that PIPE has always been a component. The insiders always get better price, probably because they bring in so much capital. With SPACs, retail gets to be involved (so long as you get in early). With IPOs, retail doesn't get involved until after IBs. Lesser of two evils?

Reactions: FireMedic
Alan Mulally, former CEO of both Boeing and Ford ( and "Savior of Ford") is working with Churchill.

Mulally visited Lucid factory and determined they are not ready for a Spring release. Told Rawlinson there is no need to meet an artificial deadline.

Rawlinson agreed and moved release date from "Spring 21 to 2nd half of 2021."

This is almost a nothing burger.

Edit Plan still calls for 6k units delivered for 2021 and 20k units delivered in 2022.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose...-says-first-deliveries-have-been-delayed.html
Apparently the release is on Rawlinson time.

Apple supplier Foxconn teams up with Fisker to make electric vehicles
BY Reuters
— 8:13 AM ET 02/24/2021
(Reuters) - Electric-car maker Fisker Inc ( FSR) said it will work with Apple supplier Foxconn to produce more than 250,000 vehicles a year from late 2023, jumpstarting its shares on Wednesday.

Interesting...

Every time I see the name F I S K E R it reminds me of a parasite one can't get rid of.

Appreciate some guidance if anyone has experience: is there a way to execute SELL A, buy B right one after the other or in a multi-step single transaction? Is this even possible :D

my laptop crashed at the worst possible time this morning - right after selling some AMZN that I wanted to convert into TSLA. I did manage to get in finally at 640, but surely could have done better.
View attachment 639365

It sounds like you would like your combo order to be a 'fill or kill'.
I believe IBKR has this order type, but I have never tried it.

Oh really?

So a decade after Tesla showed people how to design and make a modern, desirable EV that appeals to the mainstream, Lucid is going to ramp more quickly in 2022?

Profound insight there. :rolleyes:
/s

One CEO who has hands on experience from scaling production of electric cars is quoted as saying: "Production is hell".