Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, SeekingAlpha is getting really triggered by the green energy stuff in the Biden plan. All the EV and renewable articles popping up on SeekingAlpha are driving that's site's commentariat bat crazy.

I bet their hair-pulling about new green energy government subsidies is balanced out by the most exciting part of the proposal, the plan to remove government subsidies for oil, gas and coal. Because you know how much they hate government subsidies!

/s

'sources are telling us that Tesla is hitting its goals in the US, but they are not letting anyone know what those goals are.'

This is a great quarter to establish the foundation that will support a strong finish for this year and 2022. This is not the quarter to miss any chances to take a short term hit for a long term home run as I see it. I don’t expect any upside surprises this Qtr.

Hoping for lots of positive news related to hiring and infrastructure. It takes a lot of hands and firm footing to lift up the world.

Gordo's analysis on why $TSLA has a DEMAND problem.

1617218803690.png

Last edited:
There's no friggin way. That thing's been on sale for a decade. They must have sold enough to run out of credits by now.

<looks it up>

Holy moly they still haven't sold 200k of the Leaf. My jaw is on the floor.
Very few people purchase a new "second car", which is what most of the Leafs have been. And their early battery problems didn't help sales any either.

Gordo's analysis on why $TSLA has a DEMAND problem.

View attachment 649653
we need a bot that just replies to everything this corrupt little idiot posts with his tipranks rating. Its the least we can do. Given his full time job is to destroy humanities future by lying about one of the few companies trying to prevent climate change, I consider him to be way, way, way worse than a mass murderer.

A little question about flag waving investment prophecies.

1617219035279.png

For those who practice the dark arts of Pennant superstitions, this one has a flagpole that is about $365 tall.

Maybe someone familiar with these practices could confirm, if the bones fall right when cast upon the ground and the sacrificial goat transmutes into Cabrito tacos, would this indicate a breakout to $1000? (645+365=1,010)

Asking for a friend.

View attachment 649659

For those who practice the dark arts of Pennant superstitions, this one has a flagpole that is about $365 tall.

Maybe someone familiar with these practices could confirm, if the bones fall right when cast upon the ground and the sacrificial goat transmutes into Cabrito tacos, would this indicate a breakout to $1000? (645+365=1,010)

Asking for a friend.
Yes

View attachment 649659

Asking for a friend.
Yes

Yeah, I'm aware, but it doesn't add up. Why stockpile perfectly good batteries that will revolutionize the industry. Something about this feels weird. I get that it might be overall beneficial to wait for the release until Berlin is making Y's. But don't see how. I guess time will tell.

Where else are they going to get enough 4680 cells for Model Y production at GigaBerlin? (Nobody else is making them yet.) And that is supposed to start in a couple months. And as has been rumored the pilot plant really isn't producing many cells yet, they still don't have everything worked out... So there isn't such a big stock pile...

Also, I'm very skeptical of 18650's being used for Semi, but also, time will tell.

Nobody has said it will. The leaked information says that the Semi will start with 2170s for now and transition to 4680s when production allows. (At GigaTexas.)

View attachment 649659

Asking for a friend.

That’s just a breakout from a downward trendline, IMO, not a flag/pennant. And usually the measured move is taken from the low ($540), not from the breakout point.

But it’s a clear breakout, and feels like the real deal so far. Hopefully the pending big news (x2) doesn’t derail it. And for all we (or I) complain about the macros, they have to get an assist for today. TSLA was especially buoyant, but the rising tide was nice too.

There’s still a lot of ground to make up, though. The QQQ needs +6% to get back to its ATH, while TSLA needs 35% (!).

Edit: spoke too soon on the macros. What’s with that close, Qs?