Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before jumping into conclusions, the guy is in Canada which I expect later deliveries than US.

Right, that's what I was saying. Maybe I should rephrase it. I think his delivery estimate is right, but I don't think it's indicative of the timeline of the first deliveries of the refreshed S......which I expect much sooner......otherwise there really would be questions as to what is the issue with getting the new S/X delivered.

His friend ordered a Plaid+ I assume last September? How in the heck did his friend order a plaid prior to the page going live in Jan? We know plaid+ isn't coming out in June so this tweet has all sorts of wrong......unless plaid+ is now earlier than expected..lol.
Plaid was opened to reservations on Battery Day, 9/22/20. Delivery went from late ‘21 to mid ‘22 (from memory). It also became what is now known as Plaid+. This is a different beast than refreshed LR and Plaid (tri motor).

• Helpful
Reactions: FireMedic
I can confirm this is true for my new model S. Email today from Tesla confirmed best case is June (for Toronto). Non-plaid.
I wonder how much of the delay is caused by a slow production ramp in Q2 vs high demand closer to Fremont. Perhaps a few thousand newly wealthy Tesla shareholders living in California have sucked up most of Q2 production.

Another possibility is that April/May production is scheduled for export like it has been historically.

While I don't doubt the delivery estimate for your Model S, something would have to be very, very wrong if deliveries aren't starting until June for any location. Would be a mini-disaster on Tesla's part when it comes to executing their business to have production lines down and no deliveries for 6 months of the new S/X. Obviously S/X don't mean nearly as much to revenue and profit anymore, but still.....it would be a pretty big black eye.

Someone just linked to this quote:

Just got estimated delivery of April 18-27. I'm in Austin, TX and ordered in December. Yay!

The context of the conversation was about how well Unions served members interests instead of their own. Your opinion is irrelevant.
In a thread where we are overall interested in what situations best serve Tesla's ongoing financial health, I find it much more relevant than what best serves a lazy union member.

I consider it doubly so particularly in light of recent developments wherein attempts to censor Elon's tweets about labor unions threatens to affect the investments of those participating here in an investment thread.

Really? I thought it was more clear yesterday. Nasdaq did nothing, QQQ did nothing. Hey Tesla actually performed better than macro..lol.
Can someone tell me how a Hedge fund or other well endowed investor, might try to push the stock up or down in last 2 min? Is this coincidence... or are large groups buying up every ask or selling a ton in the last min? Seems to make sense if someone is trying to control the narrative and make things go red or green at end of trading day.

Reactions: loquitur
Who are these two losers?

This is Starsky & Hutch!!

View attachment 651435

I guess you don't go to the movies much.
Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson. Ya they're kinda mellow I guess 🙄

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be ...

(nice that Ben and Owen paid homage to the originals, but, they were the originals) 😎

Now, if we could send Starsky and Hutch after the MMs, that would be very nice. ;)

Really hoping that all these banks are tightening their margin requirements and reducing interest swaps. These are the things that cause financial crisis when left unchecked. Reduce fictional money introduced to the market asap because there are too many big whale gamblers trying to make it big.
hey don't penalize the little guy! Heck, I just learned I can ask for lower margin rate! seems to me the bigger problem are folks that can get by with 10% equity to margin. I don't see any problem with competing for lower rates, I definitely think it is a big problem if whales can negotiate a much lower maintenance requirement

Really hoping that all these banks are tightening their margin requirements and reducing interest swaps. These are the things that cause financial crisis when left unchecked. Reduce fictional money introduced to the market asap because there are too many big whale gamblers trying to make it big.
The banks don't care, they know they will be bailed out by their sovereign governments. It must be nice to be Too Big To Fail.

I’m assuming the term “American-made” will be applied VERY loosely. I’m looking at you Mach-e.
I dunno! There's lots of verbiage about "good American jobs" floating around. With that kind of emphasis, how does Ford get rebates for Mexican-made EV's?

So then it is American made.
Let’s not have that silly argument of what defines America. Clearly in this instance a government is subsidizing domestically made products of a green energy market to help grow domestic industry and jobs.

I realize some people get hot and bothered about how citizens of the United States take ownership of the adjective “American” to exclude countries that people in other places think are also American. But that’s clearly not the intent of the rebate or the conversation. Bringing up this argument in this context is just disingenuous. Go find a forum discussion that somewhere else.

You guys follow these production plans and dates far closer than I do, but it sounds to me like Model S production is prioritizing plaid and pushing non-plaid to "June".

That's the feel I'm getting just from reading the posts and tweets today. Any logic to that? Perhaps there were Model S refresh delays and the plaid architecture was also sped up? Higher margins I would imagine, no?