Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update those sigs, people. TMC posts are being screen-shotted and used in a non-helpful way.

Lol....is that an article complaining about us complaining about them? Do yo job and maybe internet whackadoo's won't have to!

I mean....ask one question. I can't remember the last time a Tesla article wasn't just Ctrl-V + Submit.

Not sure I buy the figures presented by MotorTrend. Tesla's are quite inexpensive to insure.
My two vehicles which are identically insured covering my wife and I, are our 2018 Model 3 LR and 2008 Honda Pilot 8 seater, and the Tesla is $25 less expensive per annum to insure than our early model Honda.
Those figures look like they used a relatively young person for the driver in getting the quotes. When I traded my S75 for a Raven, I was surprised that my insurance actually went down a small amount even though the new car was more powerful and expensive. My agent said it would have been about the same for any comparable car even a performance.

My Google "news" results for Tesla at 9:20pm, 2.5 days after it was confirmed autopilot was not activated.

Screenshot_20210421-212125_Google.jpg

And these people wonder why we like to draw our own conclusions.

Update those sigs, people. TMC posts are being screen-shotted and used in a non-helpful way.

How dare you internet people engage in wild irresponsible speculation about a crash in which lives were lost!?

That’s the reporters’ job.

Updated my profile to include real photo upon request.

Do NOT read this article! He calls us conspiracy theorists! Exactly what you would expect someone writing for vICE to say. The truth is out there people. o_O👽

Not sure I buy the figures presented by MotorTrend. Tesla's are quite inexpensive to insure.
My two vehicles which are identically insured covering my wife and I, are our 2018 Model 3 LR and 2008 Honda Pilot 8 seater, and the Tesla is $25 less expensive per annum to insure than our early model Honda.

MotorTrend is probably lying on easily variable facts.

A Model 3 LR and Model S/X Plaid are probably about the same to insure.

So I can't buy just solar panels from Tesla? I knew they were planning to only sell Powerwalls as part of a solar install, but it goes the other way too?

A large portion of people have absolutely no use for a Powerwall AND demand is already off the charts for Powerwall.
Yeah this is surprising. No more battery bottleneck or are solar margins that terrible? It’s got to be one or the other, right?

I have Tesla solar and was hoping to install Powerwalls in the future. :/

Reactions: pdwitt

Elon Musk posted:

Starting next week, Tesla Solar Panels & Solar Roof will only be sold as an integrated product *with* Tesla Powerwall battery​
This suggests healthy demand for Tesla Energy products, and should be good for margins.

Demand has been astronomical in my area. We had a 36h outage back in Dec (high winds, utility took power offline as a precaution). All my neighbors noticed that we still had power and asked how and wanted to come see our 4 powerwalls.

Literally, in that time, we've seen 30+ powerwalls (in groups of 3 to 4 per house) be installed in our neighborhood (these people already had large solar systems).

So I can't buy just solar panels from Tesla? I knew they were planning to only sell Powerwalls as part of a solar install, but it goes the other way too?

A large portion of people have absolutely no use for a Powerwall AND demand is already off the charts for Powerwall.

Maybe the Powerwalls won't add much cost to the projects as it sounds like they could be eliminating the separate inverters:

Maybe one Powerwall per ~4kW of solar panels?

Maybe the Powerwalls won't add much cost to the projects as it sounds like they could be eliminating the separate inverters:

Maybe one Powerwall per ~4kW of solar panels?

That, actually, would probably improve efficiency. It would be eliminating one AC to DC to AC round trip, by charging the powerwalls directly with DC current.

Just an after-hours thought:
Unlike some years ago I noticed that I am about the only left who who still has a (reasonably) realistic profile photo.
Is that because everybody else now has to protect their privacy after they became billionaires?
Either way, it's boring...
Just because you asked for it,
Instead of having snow on my Model 3, you have to see it on my face.
Now, you can have regrets.