Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Should be be concerned with light volume going into earnings? It appears we only get strong moves with strong volume. Is the light volume signaling a potential muted reaction to earnings. If we don't get volume tomorrow, the stock won't fly high regardless of how strong the results are, and worse is that FUD will lead to manipulation to cap the stock or sink it on blowout earnings. :confused:
You just described my last 24 months in this stock.

Ok Ladies and Babies!!!! We are OFFICALLY up and running. All systems nominal.

The PowerThwap™️ dial will be turned up exponentially from now until ER, running at a +1.05% S/pm increase every 5 mins.

Once I hear the cyborg-ladies voice start the ER ".....Good afternoon everyone" at that EXACT moment I'm going to shut down, and quick install the custom RedAss™️Post-ER Mega Beatdown Q1 2021 Special Edition paddles "and than activate the RumpReducer™️ switch.

I hotrodded two 110 outlets into one 220 plug from my solar rig battery backup so this thing might catch fire, I have no idea. WARNING: There is NO shutting it down after the RumpReducer™️ has been activated. By that time their will be so much power running It the wires will have melted and welded itself to the outlet so this will paddle thy shorties until either:
A. They are uterly destroyed and resistance hits 0 Ohms triggering a paddle auto detachment and sends the paddles safely to the LZ.

B. The device internally combusts and melts to a pile of red hot goo, triggering a "China Syndrome" like effect.

Good luck all, Ill see you on the other side!!!

GO TESLA
GO TSLA

I believe Gary has the right idea but not the right execution. Once Tesla shows the world FSD is solved using NN, they will offer their Dojo up for training(as said on the conference call). They may even provide FSD computers for competitors as the ip itself isn't very valuable and any competent chip company can make such a chip in which NN and large memory bandwidth to feed the NN would become the main focus. Tesla will provide the entire software stack and data collection, essentially becoming AWS for car training. This is where Nvidia hope to be and why they have such a high valuation. A move like this would naturally suck valuation away from Nvidia or Intel's mobile eye into Tesla as Legacy could care less how FSD is provided, just as long as it's a package they can buy from any company and sell it to the end user with a small margin(like their entire business model).

Currently even though Tesla haven't solved FSD, Legacy auto makers have a hard time buying from Nvidia or other companies in scale due to the prohibited cost. Nvidia's L5 TRAINING platform is almost 10k, and this doesn't include the 8 or so lidars needed. Not to mention an entire cooling solution that need to dissipate about 3kw of power. Even so FSD isn't solved using this 30k-40k hardware package.

Tesla's version cost about 200 bucks which they can easily just sell it to Legacy, and then charge them a licensing fee for training for the entire life of the car. Basically FSD subscription fee for the entire auto sector.

No auto company will copy this as they wouldn't even know where to start. Nvidia, Mobile eye, and Waymo might ditch their approach asap trying to catch up, which is a totally different strategy as they mainly focused on localization using Lidar and HD maps.

This is another episode of focusing on the wrong thing. Having this FSD advantage has nothing to do with ride hailing at all. Elon Musk is not even thinking about...he's thinking about how to give everyone AI at a price.
Do you have any idea what others SDC system consists of? everything you listed above is wrong.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Hodling through the Cybertruck reveal taught me not to worry too much about whether Elon can or should stick to a script.

I'm more curious about why the hosting gig is happening now?

SNL does a pretty remarkable job of getting hosts on air at the exact moment they have something exciting and culturally relevant to promote.

Given what we know about inventory and demand, I don't think Elon is going on SNL in an effort to sell more cars.

Of course, he could be there to promote any number of spacey things, but my guess is that something not yet expected will be on people's minds as Elon walks onto the stage on May 8th.

Maybe we'll hear about it tonight.

Do we have a consensus analyst expectations for revenue and EPS for the quarter?
ETrade says $10.3B and $.79.

1619459457054.png

1619459388115.png

Attachments

• 1619459426584.png
    1619459426584.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 23
A stock split doesn't change valuation though. I mean sure it will raise the share value somewhat due to people buying at the lower SP but not by much overall.

The only drivers I could see which would catapult TSLA over Apple in the short term are things like Level 5 FSD or a huge government contract or something.

What do Elon's tweets about cryptocurrency, FSD subscription, to the moon, and becoming the world's largest company all have in common?

I think Tesla will announce a new feature for anyone that has purchased or subscribes to the FSD software. With over a million Tesla's with FSD 3.0 hardware, what would make everyone subscribe or purchase the FSD monthly subscription? How about using the FSD computer to mine cryptocurrency while the Tesla is idle? If you had a million Tesla's mining in a distributed algo, how much crypto could be mined daily? What if Tesla gives 100% of the value of the crypto mined to the users in the mining pool? Could the value of the crypto mined cover the entire monthly subscription? At $200/month FSD Subscription fee, the mining feature would add $600 million / quarter to TSLA's earnings, growing to over $1 billion / quarter by the end of the year, and taking the stock to the moon.

I have placed my bets accordingly.

no, you broke it for me. you're a fool if you think Elon's going to go off-script, make some impassioned plea for climate change, or ad lib a single thing. have you people literally ever seen an episode of SNL? they read goofy jokes off cue cards. once every couple of decades, a musical guest does something controversial for attention.
I am in absolutely no way contradicting, arguing with or refuting this satement; on the contrary, I am taking it at face value.

So - if indeed that is the case, what in BLAZES in Mr Musk doing wasting his time appearing on the show?

I am in absolutely no way contradicting, arguing with or refuting this satement; on the contrary, I am taking it at face value.

So - if indeed that is the case, what in BLAZES in Mr Musk doing wasting his time appearing on the show?
1. Perhaps he just likes the idea. Elon isn't completely averse to getting the spotlight.
2. Maybe his PR people (surely he has one right?) thinks it's a good chance to humanize him.
Probably #1.

Last edited:
What do Elon's tweets about cryptocurrency, FSD subscription, to the moon, and becoming the world's largest company all have in common?

I think Tesla will announce a new feature for anyone that has purchased or subscribes to the FSD software. With over a million Tesla's with FSD 3.0 hardware, what would make everyone subscribe or purchase the FSD monthly subscription? How about using the FSD computer to mine cryptocurrency while the Tesla is idle?

The HW is awful for that purpose and would burn a ton of battery life and electricity for very very little value in return... (depending on electric rates you might even lose money doing this)

Should be be concerned with light volume going into earnings? It appears we only get strong moves with strong volume. Is the light volume signaling a potential muted reaction to earnings. If we don't get volume tomorrow, the stock won't fly high regardless of how strong the results are, and worse is that FUD will lead to manipulation to cap the stock or sink it on blowout earnings. :confused:

Yeah not much F in this OMO from the looks of it.

Jesus... stop trying to force bitcoin mining into this company. Its supposed to be a renewable energy company. The minute it becomes some ponzi scheme for wasting energy through mining bitcoin, im selling up.
Who the hell buys a car as a bitcoin mining rig? This is NOT going to happen. It bad enough the board let elon speculate with shareholders money on this nonsense, let alone trying to shoehorn it awkwardly into their 'mission'.

I think Tesla will announce a new feature for anyone that has purchased or subscribes to the FSD software. With over a million Tesla's with FSD 3.0 hardware, what would make everyone subscribe or purchase the FSD monthly subscription? How about using the FSD computer to mine cryptocurrency
I'm no subject matter expert, but I believe the consensus here after discussion is that the FSD cpu is not well suited for "hashing" (bitcoin mining).

Tesla could however sell me a solar/powerwall/money mine... :D

Cheers!

Reactions: Criscmt