Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And there goes the 200 ma.....see you guys on the other side haha (maybe we’ll be back up to 700 by Q3 earnings after this thing craters and bottoms in the 400’s)
The only news is the constant reign of FUD. Dip'd $5 $10 since xing, no supt so far. It's all the relentless shorting into any little rise to break the momo. I think whales see that they can get more for less later.

Problem is their getting counterfeit shares, because there's no mathematical way the SP goes down in $2 drips in 10 sec w/o shorting, and yet the borrow costs for the equity never varies. This is naked shorting (short selling w/o locating a share to borrow, and no intention to do so), and it's being done in plain view of the blindmen at the SEC.

HODLing, 'cuz my chairs are built for the long run....

Cheers!

Last edited:
You are right. Tesla will have hypergrowth for years. The question is, is it enough. No one knows.
Enough for what? Stop talking in shorthand and riddles. Enough to save us all and transition the world to sustainability? Enough to make you happy about the P/E? Enough to get Wallstreet to stop to grow a brain?

I salute anyone willing to buy right here. You’re either buying right at the bounce or you’re comfortable holding until Q3/Q4 to have any gains on the buy
Bought with IRA this time so I think it might bounce by 2050 ;)

But actually, we still have 563 as support from the previous low. If that doesn't hold then we're in for a fun ride

• Funny
Reactions: M|S|W and Big Time
Sorry if this offends anybody here and perhaps I'm mistaken, but why should we trust Troy's estimates? Wasn't he spectacularly wrong last quarter?
25k with 2 weeks offline is pretty good tbh. Either way, those are simply numbers from one month. I'm not offended, but even a 10-15k miss on production doesn't begin to explain the share price depreciation.

to sustain us through this era of Tesla, we need them to help the outnumbered longs hold the line.

Why?
I'm a long. In that I wont sell a single TSLA share this year, probably this decade. I don't care what happens to the share price for the next six months. My only care is that I don't want employees with shares to feel too demotivated.
But Tesla absolutely do NOT need more capital (the wasting money on bitcoin shows they frankly raised too much already), so in terms of the actual purpose of the company, nobody cares what the short term stock value is. Tesla are not going to have cash problems any time in the next few years.

I'm very slightly disappointed that the S/X refresh seems to have dragged on, but other than that, everything is going brilliantly. Most of their sales are 3/Y anyway so who cares :D. Don't get obsessed with what wall street values the company at. They are just wrong. Eventually they will realize it.
Wall street is more often wrong than right tbh.

Why?
I'm a long. In that I wont sell a single TSLA share this year, probably this decade. I don't care what happens to the share price for the next six months. My only care is that I don't want employees with shares to feel too demotivated.
But Tesla absolutely do NOT need more capital (the wasting money on bitcoin shows they frankly raised too much already), so in terms of the actual purpose of the company, nobody cares what the short term stock value is. Tesla are not going to have cash problems any time in the next few years.

I'm very slightly disappointed that the S/X refresh seems to have dragged on, but other than that, everything is going brilliantly. Most of their sales are 3/Y anyway so who cares :D. Don't get obsessed with what wall street values the company at. They are just wrong. Eventually they will realize it.
Wall street is more often wrong than right tbh.
The lower we go, the harder the stock needs to work to regain to ATH. I want a blast off, not a blast return to average :)
I’m not selling either, and am confidant. I can read the writing on the wall though.

Reactions: Thumper
So if I understand this correctly, the car can just decide to take you wherever it wants to until it runs out of gas or it crashes? How is there not a big red stop button accessible in the back for the kidnapped customers. Perhaps secured with a code given over the phone (if you get cell signal hehe)?
Agree: There seems to be lacking a Panic button: Push it, and the car will do its best to get of the road and open doors.
The first time it stopped seemingly without hazard? That was sketchy. I would rather have smashed the windows and gotten out, rather than being rear-ended.

Customer/victim took it like a champ, fully knowing he got a very nice 'session' on video.
But for regular customers in a wider roll-out, including old folk or underage kids? I think a "panic" button or emergency break is really needed. I mean, trains have it, and that is 200+ years old tech, so what's the excuse?

Until then perhaps there might be a good business case for selling class cutters via targeted ads to Waymo customers.

The lower we go, the harder the stock needs to work to regain to ATH. I want a blast off, not a blast return to average :)
I’m not selling either, and am confidant. I can read the writing on the wall though.
That is completely false and a terrible way to look at valuations. Stocks don't "work" to move up, the share price is simply a representation of current market appetite for one share. This was one of the first things rammed into my head when joining TMC back in the day.

SP will be $1000 when someone wants to buy shares and the only price someone else is willing to take is $1000. Could be September 2024 or two months from now. Either way no "work" will be done, it's not a pile of gold that needs to be replenished to build higher.

We have now seen them testing/calibrating the first GigaPress and associated robots at GigaTexas. Have we seen that at GigaBerlin yet?
No - but then Giga Berlin isn't filmed in detail by a handful of drones daily either like in Austin. So who knows? It's harder to know what is going on in Germany and more so with most of the work happening behind closed walls.

AFAIK drones fly freely over Giga Berlin on weekends only. And most Wednesdays we get a video or two from outside the fence.

problem gif.gif