Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting video, thanks for posting.

Noteworthy events/quotes, with comments inside <>

14:14 Phone supporter: "Please remain seated In case the car starts moving again."
<"In case .. ". What? Don't they have override mode?>

17:10 Customer: "Now its is blocking the entire road...!"

21:20: Customer: "It backed out. Now it is blocking the whole lane instead of half of it." <SIC>

24:42: Customer: "It really does not like these cones!"

25:08: Customer: "Now the hazards are on."
<Good. Though also implying that they were not on the first stop. Bad!>

26:34: <Lot of jerking at steering wheel. Car escapes again>
Customer: "I don't even know what is going on anymore!"

28:25 Phone supporter "The car should not take off"
<Well, it better not, the emergency driver is trying to get into the car...!>

29:18: <Emergency driver does some kind of handover to obtain control. Due to video edited to hide emergency driver it is hard to see what and how>

30:20: Emergency driver: "We have been following you for a while, because it was having problems. I don't know why this construction zone was not taken off the map".
<Interesting ! So, if the map is wrong, then the car gets in trouble? Tesla used to rely on maps for self-driving up til around 2017, but decided to skip them. Perhaps wisely ?>

32:50: Customer: "Do you pick a car and follow it all day or do you stay in an area or ...?"
33:06 <Emergency driver dodges questions about how many emergency drivers there are and how they pick cars.>
Odd that you used "Customer" as opposed to "victim."

Also, that explains why the car detoured through neighborhood streets: It must have known there was a work zone ahead and (apparently) knew it wouldn't handle the right turn properly, but it seems didn't know the extent of the lane closure. Oops.

1. Wouldnt be nice if we saw a notice like that about the FSD schedule. Looks to me that the BTC was put together and thought about what was written before it was posted.

If Elon only posted about fsd once he was sure about it, then we’d be missing out on a lot of drama. I personally enjoy the drama (as long as we come out winners in the end).

Odd that you used "Customer" as opposed to "victim."

Also, that explains why the car detoured through neighborhood streets: It must have known there was a work zone ahead and (apparently) knew it wouldn't handle the right turn properly, but it seems didn't know the extent of the lane closure. Oops.

So if I understand this correctly, the car can just decide to take you wherever it wants to until it runs out of gas or it crashes? How is there not a big red stop button accessible in the back for the kidnapped customers. Perhaps secured with a code given over the phone (if you get cell signal hehe)?

Aaaaand ignore.
D891C890-A701-4CDC-BB35-A0AD8E0649DB.jpeg

As a Tesla investor I try and listen to and read everything I can about Elon. While this isn't quite that, I found this interesting. Jason, a good friend of Elon's, talks for ~15 minutes about his time with Elon behind the scenes for SNL.

As an aside I listened to these guys for a while when this started but my tolerance for two of them fell off a cliff the last few months.

As a Tesla investor I try and listen to and read everything I can about Elon. While this isn't quite that, I found this interesting. Jason, a good friend of Elon's, talks for ~15 minutes about his time with Elon behind the scenes for SNL.

As an aside I listened to these guys for a while when this started but my tolerance for two of them fell off a cliff the last few months.

realization - these super successful people are basically Elon fanbois.
We are way down in pecking order.
RESPECT.

Does anyone know what the volume spike and price drop every single morning at market open indicates? Seems like if someone was trying to exit a position they wouldn't execute first thing in the morning since it would affect the price too much, so it smells a bit like manipulation to me.

I could see it being honest selling if people think a single day's action will be bad, but its been going on for over a month without fail

Edit: Maybe day traders putting on short positions at the start of the day, closing before the end of the day, and repeating?

Reactions: NooB_cat

Which 15 min? I couldn't get past the first 15 sec with these whiney ****** *****. :p

Cheers!

So if I understand this correctly, the car can just decide to take you wherever it wants to until it runs out of gas or it crashes? How is there not a big red stop button accessible in the back for the kidnapped customers. Perhaps secured with a code given over the phone (if you get cell signal hehe)?
What happens if you had a medical emergency? As a first responder that’s kind of a big red flag to me.
What if you had an emergency with your children? As a parent that’s a big red flag to me.

Does anyone know what the volume spike and price drop every single morning at market open indicates? Seems like if someone was trying to exit a position they wouldn't execute first thing in the morning since it would affect the price too much, so it smells a bit like manipulation to me.

I could see it being honest selling if people think a single day's action will be bad, but its been going on for over a month without fail

Edit: Maybe day traders putting on short positions at the start of the day, closing before the end of the day, and repeating?
Lol, u mean the MMD (mid-morning dip, or mandatory morning dip)?

There's a Glossary here somewhere on TMC

YES! Welcome to Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri -- my all time favorite video game (yes, I know it shows my age).

Mine as well! Morgan and Yang were by far my favorites.

"Technological advance is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Dataprobe. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken."
- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"