Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ark buying more TSLA, just over 47k shares today:

1621388317203.png

1621388330158.png

Max pain tends to have a pretty substantial effect on Tesla but to know what causes that I think we'd need to know what % of the open interest on calls and puts are written by retail. Which I think is unknownable?

WE may not be able to know that number but I’d wager it is knowable by the house. And when enough of those retail calls are written, those shares are going buh-bye, or at the very least contracts will need to be bought back at a loss.

MMs have the ability to move the stock in the direction they need to in order to maximize their profits, and they have ALL the information they need in order to make the calculation.

But, is Ford committed to EV's, though? Because if they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation. He is sidelining the company who is actually changing the world in favor of, well, Ford. What message does it send? Instead of promoting innovation and actual commitment, he's promoting, well, Ford. I think a stand-up leader should call things what they are and send a clear message to the slackers that reads "you better get with the program or else." TSLA has been briskly advancing the cause alone under constant media attacks, with zero helps from his administration. Throw the 80-20 rule out the window. TSLA is the 1% that is doing 99% of the work. If he wants to advance the cause, promote TSLA.

The biggest lie in Biden's speech was saying "Ford is making the next generation of the best-selling truck electric".
For that to be true, they would need to stop making the ICE version when they start making the Lightning. But that ain't happening!
On the contrary, they will continue to make and sell at least an order of magnitude more ICE F150 than the electric versions, and they will be available side-by-side.
Therefore, it is NOT the next generation of the best-selling truck. It is a separate product which will sell in much smaller volume. Can you say compliance vehicle ?

I recently found out that my tax guy, who is really smart, especially with math......... shorted Tesla last year.

"The number doesnt make sense, it's way over value. I shorted it, but it keeps on going up, I dont get it, dont understand it."
Then I ask "have you drive a Tesla?" He replied "I own a Model 3"

Surprised face me (then why the hell did you short it?!)

Moral of the story is:

I recently found out that my tax guy, who is really smart, especially with math......... shorted Tesla last year.

"The number doesnt make sense, it's way over value. I shorted it, but it keeps on going up, I dont get it, dont understand it."

Moral of the story is:
If you are good with math than you'll never short a stock, any stock..even companies you know is a scam.

Moral of the story is:
Moral of the story is maybe you should redo all the taxes he did for you?

jk 😅

Do covered calls really exert downward pressure? I sell a few of them every week on TSLA and a couple others since with a stock that is volatile, it is profitable. I do really hate selling them on TSLA since I'd hate to get called and it does feel a little bearish but unfortunately/fortunately I have only had to sell a couple shares in order to buy to close/roll them, and it has allowed me to accumulate a heck of a lot more shares. FWIW, I only sell very short term (ie <10 days) calls and I watch the price movements fairly closely during the week.

Should I sell puts instead? I'd rather have my money invested in TSLA than tied up waiting. Buying puts/calls can be very profitable but is also spending money I could be using accumulating TSLA.

So for someone bullish on the stock, and wanting to accumulate more shares while it is being bounced around by market makers/algos/shorts/whatever it seems like a good way to get more shares without the full roll of the dice other options are.
Yes, they put downward pressure, especially if they are not far OTM.
Selling puts does the opposite.
Needless to say, volume matters a lot.
I was wondering if there are enough retailers selling calls, that is if there's high enough volume, to cause a marginal impact on the SP.

Reading through some of today’s posts and along the lines of possible government incentive programs and eligible manufacturers, thought I’d mention that Tesla for some time has had a college training program called Tesla START. I occasionally see local news articles on the students and program in my area. Here’s a link if you’re unfamiliar with it:

A man can dream.

I just watched the John Delorean docudrama.

Then I Googled electric converted Deloreans and saw there was an elektrek article that says the company was looking to bring itself back and make electric cars and was looking for financing.

There's never really been a car I've ever wanted in my life that wasnt a Tesla other than a Delorean.

If Musks UK visits are part of looking at the chance to partner with Delorean to make Tesla powered Deloreans in the UK I'd be pretty excited. A lot of what the original cars were seems to have influenced Tesla, from the Lotus, to the goal of a long lasting car rather than one that is planned to fall apart. The way the doors open. Ya a 25k Tesla powered 2 seatered stainless steel Delorean would probably be the only non Tesla I would consider right now.

Edit: In the doc at one point someone says something about how you can't pay for advertising like that today, referencing the Back to the Future movies. I think there's probably a not insignificant number of millennials who'd love to have an electric delorean

Last edited: