Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent some time driving through the Bay yesterday and can add on to this - saw approximately 10 Tesla car carriers over 200 miles of driving and can confirm at least one Model S with arachnid wheels. Pretty sure there were other Model S vehicles, but I couldn't confirm safely since I was driving.
You mean you weren't on autopilot? 😊

We all immediately thought the same thing...
🤔

You mean you weren't on autopilot? 😊

We all immediately thought the same thing...
🤔

Lol, well, I didn't want to disparage the car, but I actually ran into my first problem with it over the weekend that prevented me from using autopilot yesterday. I ran into a store on Friday morning for about three minutes, and when I came back, the software had glitched out (sentry mode "eye" visible on the screen, covering up UI elements). So I rebooted the software and the sentry mode "eye" went away, but other problems materialized - car location wasn't updating, side cameras weren't available, FSD visualizations weren't available, and autopilot didn't work on the freeway (was limited to 45mph since the car's location was tagged as being somewhere else).

I couldn't get it fixed by myself - hard reboot, soft reboot, full power off for 20 minutes - so I had to drive without routing or autopilot for the whole trip. Was a tad annoying, but no big deal.

Of course it had resolved itself by this morning. :p

They just don't want us to have more than 2 green days in a row. :mad: I'm a little surprised that some of the big investors out there that stayed on the sidelines haven't taken the time to review the company and at least dip their toes in a little.
Previous three close were green, this would have been the fourth...

1624305692625.png

So I was watching "Ford v. Ferrari" last night and think I might have come across the genesis of Elon's recent Twitter handle change to "Elon Musk, the 2nd." (see bolded quote from the film below) Given that Elon changed his handle in the context of the Plaid unveiling, I find it more plausible.

[Henry Ford II reads the newspaper headline of Fiat buying Ferrari before dropping the paper and picking up his glass to pour a drink]
Leo Beebe : He played us. Old Man Enzo had no intention of selling to us. He used us to up his price, embarrass our company and insult your leadership. It was a bad idea from the start.
[Henry II approaches his executives]
Henry Ford II : What exactly did he say?
[pause, as Henry II takes a drink]
Lee Iacocca : He said Ford makes ugly little cars, and we make 'em... in an ugly factory. He said our executives are sons of whores.
[Henry II approaches Iacocca]
Henry Ford II : About me?
Lee Iacocca : He called you fat, sir. Pigheaded.
Henry Ford II : Go on.
Lee Iacocca : He said you're not Henry Ford. You're Henry Ford II.
[Henry II stares at Iacocca before walking back to his desk]
Henry Ford II : I want the best engineers. The best drivers. I don't care what it costs. We're gonna build a race car...
[Henry II finishes his drink and puts down his glass]
Henry Ford II : And we're gonna bury that **redacted for language** 100 feet deep under the finish line at Le Mans. And I will be there to watch it.

So I was watching "Ford v. Ferrari" last night and think I might have come across the genesis of Elon's recent Twitter handle change to "Elon Musk, the 2nd." (see bolded quote from the film below) Given that Elon changed his handle in the context of the Plaid unveiling, I find it more plausible.
That was on the heels of a tweet about how Hollywood should just skip the first movie and go right to the sequel. If there is something "sequel-ish" to the Plaid S we will know about it in a few weeks when Sandy starts tearing one apart. I suppose instead it could relate to moving directly to the next iteration of FSD. Or just a joke about Hollywood sequels.

I would say, they not stupid. They knew what was going on; take the money and run.

Just another reason I don’t think anyone has a right to criticize Elon (even when he makes a mistake). The guy is ethically and morally heads and shoulders above most people.

Not only did they take the money and run, current Lordstown management is continuing the charade with this press release:

Added Lordstown, "These vehicle purchase agreements generally include a projected buyer order schedule over the three to five year life of the agreement, and may be terminated by either party at will on 30 days’ notice. They do not commit the counter parties to purchase vehicles, but we believe that they provide us with a significant indicator of demand for the Endurance."

Anyone who thinks non-binding purchase agreements signed by P.O. Box entities without the capital required to make the purchases are anything more than a charade are guilty of perpetrating the same crime as the previous executives who solicited the bogus contracts.

Who would hold this stock as a serious investment after seeing that the charade is being continued by current management?

Gonna state the obvious. Karpathy talk was bullish. Elon reaffirming AI day as end July is bullish. Both together on the same day or so is triple bullish.
To quote Newton:
"What is stated as two weeks away must come eventually". V11, the button, vision, subscription all happening early July - OBVS. No way that Elon would go into AI day without.