Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as i suspected, miss cummings was guided to join a tslaq block list & her employer (duke u.) found no conflict re: veoneer position & holdings. not at all surprised by the knee-jerk reaction of $tsla social, but somewhat surprised rob mauer took such a hard stance (via twitter & his pod) so quickly. tesla daily podcast delivers more value than any other pod imo & i am happy to support it. (of course, if you like un-prepared, meandering, 1.5 hours youtube hype videos of $tsla echo chamber it may not be for you.) miss cummings was wrong & un-professional in some of her tweets (she is not the first),
but she clearly does not have it out for tesla. some of you will never be convinced of that, i know.
I took one look at her last dozen tweets or so. Her anti-Tesla bias was shocking and obvious.

The German people single handedly scaled renewables.....globally. I think we can give their auto manufacturering unions a break for holding up Tesla a total of what, 5 weeks?
It’s not the Unions. It’s two ICE funded environmental NGOs….NABU and Grüne Liga!

But I fully agree with the spirit of you posting. I’m the end, this will not stop Gigs Berlin or really slow them down.

as i suspected, miss cummings was guided to join a tslaq block list & her employer (duke u.) found no conflict re: veoneer position & holdings. not at all surprised by the knee-jerk reaction of $tsla social, but somewhat surprised rob mauer took such a hard stance (via twitter & his pod) so quickly. tesla daily podcast delivers more value than any other pod imo & i am happy to support it. (of course, if you like un-prepared, meandering, 1.5 hours youtube hype videos of $tsla echo chamber it may not be for you.) miss cummings was wrong & un-professional in some of her tweets (she is not the first),
but she clearly does not have it out for tesla. some of you will never be convinced of that, i know.

Judging from the evidence we have at hand by her past actions and opinions, I do NOT agree with you.

Maybe Pete let the cat out of the bag with that comment....
"All auto manufacturers" will definitely not succeed if the administration doesn't find ways to change Tesla's current trajectory...
Having all the companies succeed means the others getting on board with the EV transition, not trying to stall it, which was the primary message of the awkward Big 3 summit. No Dem president or SecTrans is going to say otherwise. The primary job of political leaders is to develop and sustain the factions that support them, and there have always been strains between environmental and labor constituents. If SecPete is to gain anything from his time as Sec, he will have to do this adroitly and largely within Biden’s perspective.

• Funny
Reactions: Drax7
Standard 2007 message board behavior would have had someone start a thread titled "Missy Cummings named NHTSA Senior Advisor", with a link to a press release. All this chatter would go there.

Will one of you millennials explain to me why this system was abandoned for the incoherent-stream-of-consciousness model?

No, no, and no. Why are we beating this dead horse.

Because it remains as true as it has since folks first pointed it out in 2019.

Teslas own website made it obvious then (and continues to)

And it was mentioned again because the CFO appeared to explicitly confirm it was true on the call last night.

Zach chooses his words carefully, as a CFO should, and specifically cited revenue recognition based on WHAT the buyer was promised AT THE TIME THEY BOUGHT IT.

That entire phrase would make no sense but for the fact that Tesla has sold a different set of features as "FSD" at different times- exactly as shown in the screen shots from Teslas own website. The post 3/19 set of features is much easier to deliver, and thus the revenue from that (which by now is most buyers, given fleet growth/timing) will be recognized much sooner.

If you want to continue to deny this you're welcome to... but investors looking to model how much deferred revenue is recognizable and when would be well advised to understand these facts.

Being a compliance officer for 20 years, I'm sure she get Duke comfortable with the notion that her conflict isn't material or financial, although publishing research in support of LIDAR clearly benefits her company and Board compensation. She clearly has an agenda, and she certainly is an avid touter of LIDAR versus pure vision. What's interesting to me is that In an article with Forbes in Oct of last year, she's quoted as saying LIDAR doesn't work with moisture in the air, then goes on to say she's scared of cars (i.e. Tesla) that do not have LIDAR on them. So no driving in humid climates or the rain, but make sure you have them on the car...

We all drive our cars without radars, LIDAR and proximity sensors, so I have no doubt the vision solution will work in time. At the end of the day, Tesla's mission and results thus far are much bigger than one active Twitter user's support of a different approach.

Standard 2007 message board behavior would have had someone start a thread titled "Missy Cummings named NHTSA Senior Advisor", with a link to a press release. All this chatter would go there.

Will one of you millennials explain to me why this system was abandoned for the incoherent-stream-of-consciousness model?
go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

The best quote from me was confirming guidance for growth: “Over a multi-year horizon, we expect to achieve 50% average annual growth in vehicle deliveries”.

So do the math:

2021 900K
2022 1.3M
2023 2.0M
2024 3.0M
2025 4.5M
2026 6.8M
2027 10.3M
2028 15.4M
2029 23.1M
2030 34.6M

Adam Jonas’ SP of $900 is based on 5.8M deliveries by 2030, with an added $150-200 to SP for each additional 1M deliveries.

So >28M more than AJ predicts X $150 = $4,200 more than his $900 PT = $5,100SP.

😳

HODL!
I'm very bullish, but this calculation is not correct.

The statement regarding +50% growth per year was made often since 2020 with the caveat that it might be more than 50% in some years (like in 2021, which has been stated by Elon on previous calls this year I believe) and less than 50% in other years (2023 possibly, if the Berlin/Austin ramp would largely happen in 2022).

The actual extrapolation made by Tesla is:
YearProduction

Still very bullish, but a lot less agressive than extrapolating this years exceptional growth that just happens because of the Shanghai ramp. Also, keep in mind they are aiming for 20 million units by 2030 so I don't expect Tesla to go over (to the 28M in the calculation above).

EDIT: went over the numbers again and my prediction is better than 50% growth in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Then in 2024 and maybe 2025 we could see slower than 50% growth whilst new production lines/factories are built, bringing us to around 4M cars anually by 2025. TL;DR: an S-curve, and 2021-2023 will be the steep part of said curve.

have been long tsla for years, largest equity position in my portfolio & have no plans to exit. not every person outside the tsla echo chamber is tslaq. i am interested in reasonable bear takes in every spot where i am a bull.
You joined in October and all of your posts except this one have been defending Ms Cummings.
You only liked one post and it was about Ms Cummings.
You have not commented on earnings, margins, bitcoin, the stock price . . .nothing else. Everything dedicated to Ms Cummings.
What's your motivation? We beat up on many people - we're an equal opportunity trash talking forum. Why come out of the woodwork for Ms. Cummings?

Having all the companies succeed means the others getting on board with the EV transition, not trying to stall it, which was the primary message of the awkward Big 3 summit. No Dem president or SecTrans is going to say otherwise. The primary job of political leaders is to develop and sustain the factions that support them, and there have always been strains between environmental and labor constituents. If SecPete is to gain anything from his time as Sec, he will have to do this adroitly and largely within Biden’s perspective.
There are a lot of fundamental disagreements.
"Having all the companies succeed means the others getting on board with the EV transition, not trying to stall it, which was the primary message of the awkward Big 3 summit."

Being dragged into an arena you don't want to be in, to compete with a company that wants to be there and win there, will not produce success.
"Having all the companies succeed" means supporting bad managers who waste money and more importantly people’s lives. So you prop up your friends to the detriment hundreds of thousands. And I am not talking about tax dollars, but productive lives.

"The primary job of political leaders is to develop and sustain the factions that support them, and there have always been strains between environmental and labor constituents."

This is some sort of European view, and I mean that in a pejorative way. The U.S. is a representative government based on single member districts. The key point being that the elected representative has an obligation to represent their entire district, not just the faction that supported their election.
This is different than the party votes that most of Europe runs on. Identity politics has screwed up the already difficult task of meshing geographically representative government into something that serves the people as a whole. But "the primary job of political leaders is [not] to develop and sustain factions."
George Washington set the example of how to do leadership properly, by limiting his terms and training the country to peacefully transition.

So there is something corrupt at the foundation of your thought process about job descriptions.

"If SecPete is to gain anything from his time as Sec, he will have to do this adroitly and largely within Biden’s perspective."

When trying to cipher the corrupt foundation, it shows in this last sentence.

"If SecPete is to gain"

It is like jobs are defined as, "Serve yourself off the largess of the government (or your employer) as much as you can without getting caught."

People in government and management have a stewardship role that leverages their actions across more than the factions that supports them. With George, his stewardship has helped almost every US citizen since.

TSLA is able to communicate stewardship in a transcending way with the idea of a mission. Other companies are not able.

MODERATOR: This cogent and reasonably nonjudgmental, passingly neutral response is allowed to stand. Nevertheless, it is NOT a post for anyone else to use as a jumping-off platform to contribute his or her views. WRONG THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator: