Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was mulling over the reported Hertz sale, and I have to say that I'm not sure it should move the SP

• It reads as a vote of confidence in Tesla and I'm sure it is. But Tesla will not sell *more* cars because of this since demand already outstrips supply. And I'll play the Debbie downer and note that Hertz has to resupply its fleet in short order and Tesla may be the only manufacturer able at this time to meet the order.
  • Will Hertz look after these cars and promote them as well as a private customer ? I doubt it
  • Will these cars be used as much as a private car ? I doubt it will be more.
I suppose it comes down to this: I can see downsides easily. Upside is more of a gamble.

Yeah, and they sold of their idle ICE fleet during the pandemic to pay the bills. Now that they're working towards relisting on the exchanges, the need NEW cars, and why not the most desireable, most profitable, safest cars that need the least maitenance? Oh, and with LFP battery packs, a true 1 MILLION MILE service life, which is like getting 5 cars for the price of won.

CH33RS!
I see what you did there.

Will hertz keep the cars for longer or do people think they will continue to sell them after the usual period they do with ICE vehicles ?
If the Tesla fleet extends the useful life of the car to multiples of the former ICE fleet, this move will likely turn the ship around for Hertz. A drastic and significant reduction in costs from maintenance and early retirement of assets as used sales, which in the past resulted in more new ICE purchases, should offer a huge positive impact to their bottom line.

I was mulling over the reported Hertz sale, and I have to say that I'm not sure it should move the SP

• It reads as a vote of confidence in Tesla and I'm sure it is. But Tesla will not sell *more* cars because of this since demand already outstrips supply. And I'll play the Debbie downer and note that Hertz has to resupply its fleet in short order and Tesla may be the only manufacturer able at this time to meet the order.
  • Will Hertz look after these cars and promote them as well as a private customer ? I doubt it
I suppose it comes down to this: I can see downsides easily. Upside is more of a gamble.
You arent sure that a guaranteed order for 4.2B/1B GM is a positive? I dont go out of my way to criticize on this forum, but come on.....

The major difference in people who criticize Tesla or say its just another car are those that have driven one, versus not. This will be a massive multiplier effect in future demand. It also puts even more pressure on the other OEM's in showing how far behind they are.

I am just hoping you wrote this to try and temper your excitement. because if not, you need to take a vacation or open some vino...or something.

I do think that it allows Tesla to secure pricing and put the Model 3 lines into very efficient run sequences where each and every car coming out of the factory is exactly the same. Allows production to be more efficient and produce more in the same amount of time.

oh-my-goodness-omg.gif
:cool: