Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gosh, is it Monday yet?

SATISFIED?!?

1635169809233.png

With FB passed, the next hurdle is a little more difficult. Now TSLA has to rise 74-77% or so (precise is a function of # shares outstanding and I don't believe we've seen the appropriate update) in order to overtake where AMZN is right now.

Summary: unlikely before the end of next week.

On edit: those commodity, etc., data are moronic. As in: wrong.
Do we risk being sued by Bezos when TSLA overtakes AMZN?

We passed Aramco back in the run up to S&P inclusion, they're not worth anything near the $2T they claim. The only public dollars owning Aramco are on the Saudi exchange and held by Saudi billionaires who are.......encouraged.....to invest.

Perhaps worth $600B or so. For now.
When considering valuation of OPEC members know that estimated recoverable reserves are a large basis for their stated valuation. Also know that OPEC members are allocated production amounts based as a percentage of said claimed reserves.
Cynical observers may declare this a "twofer".

When considering valuation of OPEC members know that estimated recoverable reserves are a large basis for their stated valuation. Also know that OPEC members are allocated production amounts based as a percentage of said claimed reserves.
Cynical observers may declare this a "twofer".

These valuations also assume oil is going to be as geopolitically important decades from now as it is now (spoiler: it isn't)

Thank you for saying this. What a sad testament. Glancing at TMC was beyond depressing all weekend.
There’s not a single thing wrong with people talking about their finances good or bad as defined by them. There’s not a single thing wrong with being happy you made a wise decision, a risky decision, or a lucky decision and it paid off, and you want to talk about it, especially within a group of people who have experienced the same.

There is NO shame in being monetarily well off and wanting to talk about it, especially with a group of peers.

I’m happy for every single person who took a chance on Tesla/TSLA and have been rewarded and if they want to shout their portfolios from my mountain they should find a different mountain, but they should shout nonetheless if it strikes them to do so. The associated stigma of being monetarily rich is a big pile of dog biscuits piled higher by the envious.

I have lived paycheck to paycheck for most of my life. There have been times I’ve had to forego new underwear and food so I could pay a bill. I’ve worked multiple jobs at a time to pay the bills. All the while watching friends/acquaintances buy whatever their heart desires. Not once was I jealous. Instead, I was motivated to work hard, make good money decisions and live my life.

No, you don’t get to make people feel bad or ashamed. Go somewhere else if you can’t stomach people here sharing their good fortune and happiness.

No, not really a positive. Tesla itself should be taking those cars onto its balance sheet and integrating them into the network. Why give the middle man a cut?

I don't understand, 100,000 M3's sold at $42,000 each seems pretty great for the balance sheet, doesn't it? Plus all that free advertising as hundreds of thousands of people get to ride in Tesla's and experience them now. 🤔

I do not think this software screw up will have much effect on the stock price, but I was surprised at how poorly Tesla handled the situation. It’s not a big deal to me to release some buggy software and rollback, but the lack of communication with the beta testers was irritating especially when so many were new. Then the confusion about which version was being rolled back to was strange. I don’t know if they even are still trying to roll things back or not as I’m still on 10.3 and have no pending updates.
Completely disagree with your assessment of how the rollout was handled. I think it is amazing that they were able to identify the issues and respond as quickly as they have. People have to stop thinking of this as a finished product. It is BETA!!! That means it is going to have issues. If you are part of the beta test team you are exactly that...TESTERS! We should be happy to have such intelligent, dedicated people ready to pick up on issues that arise and take immediate action to rectify them.

Dan