Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple solution would be for Tesla to replace the charge cables with longer length cables for SuperChargers accessible for all BEV. Tesla could design a braket so that the cables don't drag on the ground when not in use.
You mentioned the negative, but what about the positive? How much good will for non-Tesla owners was generated? How many non-Tesla owners are now considering Tesla as their next BEV as a result of charging at a Tesla SuperCharger and interaction with Tesla owners and use of the Tesla App?
This is what the test in Netherlands is for. Tesla will take back the information gathered and make it work best for all before a mass roll-out. It's all about the Mission.
Or those who want to use the Tesla network buy their own extensions.

04B7D958-DEF8-4BA4-91B9-9B82E4027AAF.jpeg

With the expectation that capital gains tax is going to increase would it not make sense to take as big a hit as you can now rather than later?

Short term tax maximization in exchange for long term minimization for the same lot of shares.

Seems Elon is playing idiots here like he played the poll. He knew only pronoun people, unions, and TESLAQ bots was going to vote yes.

Woke twitter Yes vote was definitely going to exceed the shareholders who voted No.

With the expectation that capital gains tax is going to increase would it not make sense to take as big a hit as you can now rather than later?

Short term tax maximization in exchange for long term minimization for the same lot of shares.

Seems Elon is playing idiots here like he played the poll. He knew only pronoun people, unions, and TESLAQ bots was going to vote yes.

Woke twitter Yes vote was definitely going to exceed the shareholders who voted No.
Isn't he purposely donating 23% of his shares away to the U.S government here when is not needed? So even with cap gain tax increasing in the future, he still lost shares today when he didn't need to?

I think my account works on FIFO (First In First Out). I think you have to choose a method and stick to it. I know of no way to select which shares you sell other than FIFO.
Yes one can select lots to be sold, either at the time of placing the sell order (at Etrade, there is a “select lots” active link on the order review page prior to placing the order) or change lots that your default FIFO had selected after it’s executed but before settlement.

Check with your broker. I doubt YMMV much.

I think my account works on FIFO (First In First Out). I think you have to choose a method and stick to it. I know of no way to select which shares you sell other than FIFO.
TD Ameritrade defaults to FIFO, but you can choose last in first out, highest cost, lowest cost, tax efficient, specific lot, or average cost. Even if you have FIFO set at the time of the trade you can change it prior to settlement.