Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, and in that same article they present a fact that complete contradicts the title.
Seems to be an outright lie AND they knew it.

(Edit: And I didn't even catch the trick.... they beat Tesla NOT Honda, lol)

Mercedes beats Tesla to hands-free driving on highways​

"Mercedes is not the first automaker to market Level 3 technology in a production car. Honda Motor in 2020 received approval from Japanese regulators for such a system in its Legend model, although only deployed it in a limited production run."
Saw this is Automotive News as well. I also have seen the likes of Gary Black tweet about others moving ahead of Tesla because of Level 3 certification. The fine print in all of those news bits are ridiculous. Gary Black was talking about Honda Legend in Japan which shares the same Level 3 restrictions. Low speed (under 40MPH) on select highways in bumper to bumper traffic.

I am fairly certain that if Tesla wanted to play these games they could say Autopilot now is Level 3 Autonomous and then in fine print say "On low speed, in bumper to bumper traffic on divided highways". In my experience in bumper to bumper traffic on Chicago highways our cars do not monitor us nearly as aggressively since the car just tracks the car in front of us. I have been able to spend long periods of time with my hands off. Honestly it is one of the best uses of Autopilot. Love it on road trips, but even more in bumper to bumper traffic. So much easier on the legs.

1639087045308.png

to my sister last year

Saw this is Automotive News as well. I also have seen the likes of Gary Black tweet about others moving ahead of Tesla because of Level 3 certification. The fine print in all of those news bits are ridiculous. Gary Black was talking about Honda Legend in Japan which shares the same Level 3 restrictions. Low speed (under 40MPH) on select highways in bumper to bumper traffic.

I am fairly certain that if Tesla wanted to play these games they could say Autopilot now is Level 3 Autonomous and then in fine print say "On low speed, in bumper to bumper traffic on divided highways". In my experience in bumper to bumper traffic on Chicago highways our cars do not monitor us nearly as aggressively since the car just tracks the car in front of us. I have been able to spend long periods of time with my hands off. Honestly it is one of the best uses of Autopilot. Love it on road trips, but even more in bumper to bumper traffic. So much easier on the legs.

That's why I try to show people FSD (besides, it's obviously a new toy). If the public just reads about it, they readily assume it's nothing new really, like all the lane keepers etc, then Waymo or the Uber accident. Same thing happens if I bring up Tesla Scoring, "Oh ya, my insurance company has that". Well yes, but... There's literally very shallow and incorrect info on this stuff out there in the public. It's a shame, but speaks to the value of this forum and members, as <different> as you all are.

On a side note, if my TSLA conviction doesn't turn out like I had in mind tomorrow, I'll be fine, chairs don't expire. Maybe shaken a bit after a dismal week or so. I do see the cautionary notes in here along the way and I hope others do too, as we are in very risky times. It's all part of the risk reward.

As I see it, my uber bullish side is fighting the good fight, trying to stand for something, eh. I've actually had a great week despite. Long story short, I just figured out how to give back to the homeless on Tuesday, locally, in person. Part of a weekly foodline thing in the park, grew to ~100 since Covid started. Get this - I wasn't the only one driving a Tesla helping out. Really cool, so I brought the acoustic instruments for anyone to play and set up tent. Oh, get this, Guitar Center never gave me a break on my purchases - that's on them. People should go find some homeless if you can. This has to be happening elsewhere, right? Connect up and figure out how YOU can personally help. OK wait... am I off topic again? How about this... Able to give more when you invest in Tesla.