Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic numbers and fantastic year. Congrats longs. No chance the stock doesn't react positively on Monday.
charlie-brown-fail.gif

I’m still processing these numbers…….I haven’t even gotten to think about how I want to play the 1100/1150 calls I picked up at close on Friday.

Could be looking at some serious movements on Monday with these results.

The real question is do I sell on the initial pop or wait for an announcement of start of production at Austin (and possibly Berlin) that could cause a 2nd rally midweek

Last edited:
That is such a blowout number that the market should move pretty heavily… I didn’t expect nearly that much.

Not only does that impact q4, but the 22 estimates of ~1.2-1.3m are comically low at this point. All firms are going to have to raise 22 production to at least 1.4m and should be in the range of 1.5-1.6m. That should be worth ~200 to the share price by Wall Street’s own valuation. The setup is here for ~1400 after earnings.
I voted 1.6-1.7 million in the poll. I don't think I'm overly optimistic. I just can't believe Berlin and Austin will ramp slowly, they are following Shanghai lead and one thing for sure, Tesla fully utilize their learning curve.

Some charts:

Deliveries broken down by model based on P&D report

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.19.01 AM.png

Deliveries vs. Share Price (last day of quarter)

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.24.47 AM.png

Reported Installed Capacity (only in Earnings Reports) vs. Actual Deliveries...they broke the barrier for how much they think they're allowed to build in Q4/2021 based on the reported Installed Capacity since a year ago Q4/2020.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.19.27 AM.png

That previous charts, but with share price.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.25.05 AM.png

That is such a blowout number that the market should move pretty heavily… I didn’t expect nearly that much.

Not only does that impact q4, but the 22 estimates of ~1.2-1.3m are comically low at this point. All firms are going to have to raise 22 production to at least 1.4m and should be in the range of 1.5-1.6m. That should be worth ~200 to the share price by Wall Street’s own valuation. The setup is here for ~1400 after earnings.
Wait a minute. ONLY 200 up ?
So my Jan 7 1400 is worthless ? /S

Much better than I hoped.
I did buy a lottery ticket. Jan 7 1080.

Don't forget to add Austin and Berlin numbers. My guess is 1.9m in 2022.

• Disagree
Reactions: Baumisch
s&x are going to skyrocket in 2022
they only did a bit less than 25k in 2021

the 2022 S&X will surely offset any initial negative margin impact from
brandenburg and austin as they book
———
plus mega pack factory should improve generation and storage margins, as large scale is currently the focus in that segment

TE had 800m rev
800m cost (~0 margin) in q3
- that will improve slightly as we move forward
———-
larger chucks of fsd take up will start being booked (potentially second half of year or ‘23 ??) as beta turns into prod
———
and insurance will continue to be added in more states
——-
op margin will benefit

I look forward to hearing from the bears how this is bad for Tesla and a sure sign of a demand problem

Surely, Tesla pickup sales in Timbuktu are still laughable, they are clearly losing market share ;)
🤪

@H Mak you can clearly see the busted growth story from the fall of growth in Q2 (121%) -> Q3 (73%) -> Q4 (71%) numbers. /s

Last edited:
Amazing. 1.2 Million run rate annual without new factories

Wall Street is expecting 1.3M deliveries in 2022. Tesla is now at a 1.23M run rate and Shanghai is still expanding, so this means neither Austin or Berlin will produce any cars in 2022. ☹️

Even better, 1.2 million actual rate. Run rate/ installed capacity assumes 100% uptime extrapolated from a shorter time span. A full quarter of production is about as real as it gets (probably still conservative since rate likely increased during the quarter).