Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be curious to see how TSLA reacts when the news of either Austin and/or Berlin begin production. My gut tells me the stock won't move at all until production volumes are reported end of quarter, BUT a little devil on my shoulder also thinks the stock will immediately rocket up given the reality of new found production capacity actively being used.

We will likely know the answer this month! :cool:

The stock price is already up about 130 points....and it'll boost based on Elon's stock sale being complete (as of 12-28), record 2021 sales/earnings, and the imminent ramp of Berlin and Austin. I expect a whole lot of growth for 2022. I'm looking forward to when my $1200+ buys feel like a bargain. :)

Just wanted to pop in to say Congrats to all longs!!
1641238684984.png

We are buyers of this sort of industrial equipment and are pleased that we see some nascent attempts to electrify small farm tractors, lawn mowers, chainsaws, and even a skidsteer (Slovakian company).

However, it is going to be hard to electrify at scale so for modeling I would use the light vehicle market space and not include industrial. Take our forestry equipment. We work and park sometimes miles from a powerline and we move every month, depending on market forces. We might use 100 gallons of diesel a day per machine and we bring that to them in a F350 with a fuel transfer tank. Not the thread for detailed problem analysis but its a real problem when thinking of electrifying.

If Tesla, or anyone, could realistically derive a solution whereby we could replace diesel in a heavy equipment application it would significantly increase the addressable market space. I think farm tractors would be an application especially now that LiFe are coming. Farm tractors generally go to a barn or equipment yard every evening like cars. Anyway from an investment perspective, Tesla, in it's current offering is clearly focused on the light vehicle space and for Tesla investors I'd model just the light vehicle space and focus on the energy savings there.
For farm, earthmoving and similar applications, self-docking swappable battery packs are a possible solution.

Cargo ships are likely to use ammonia combustion engines and we might see ammonia engines, ammonia powered generators, or fuel cells.

Tesla has plenty of light vehicle models they can make and plenty of scope for expansion.

For now, others are addressing electric farm equipment, but if good enough solutions don't emerge in a timely fashion, or if Tesla thinks they can do it better, this might be in the next master plan.

How many years of early retirement will Tesla give you? That should hopefully give you some time to spare.
all of them, oh wait you said early. Well it will give me any years of early retirement I choose to take and it will be 99% of my total retirement funds.

Sorry, I guess I answered a question you didn't ask.

The prior high is $1201 on November 22nd. If TSLA climbs past that, the prior high is the actual ATH from November 4th

What is the "$1200 call wall" ?
We won't know what it is until tomorrow.
Open Interest is only updated every morning - however the volume on the $1200 Calls is 109K so far. Some of that is buying and selling of the same contract but a lot more will be new Open Interest added.