Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's just how his TA works. If we hit _____, then we most likely will end up _____. So if anything, if we breach 1030 and the stock keeps falling...some people may think it'll free fall to whatever their worst fear is. But his prediction gets you ready for 940 as the bottom for a potential bounce. For people who don't trade, it's like having a peace of mind because you know what the potential destination is vs someone who looks at falling numbers and panic.
I hope it‘ll drop to $940 as I still have some $$$ in my ROTH. But I won’t hold my breath as I don’t believe in all this baloney technical analysis, too many variables that no-one can forsee!

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit". Thank-you.
While the post was good, this sounds a little too much like insider trading to me.

Moderateur le Premier: Qui - moi? Je t'en pris, mais malheuresement I know absolutely nobody and no one at Virgin. And every day's a good day to buy TSLA. Or since that was Dodger's post, are you complaining it's he who is so trading?🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, it's kinda a pointless ruling in the regards of Omicron.

As a physician, I can tell you Omicron is running through the population like a wildfire. MUCH faster than any other variant. We're going to be approaching herd immunity regardless of convincing a portion of the population to be vaccinated or not. And honestly, if you gave these people their first dose today, I don't see it making that much of a difference when we are approaching 1mil new cases per day in the USA.

What does that have to do with TSLA and the markets? A lot, I believe. Much faster recovery when Wall St. starts to see case counts dropping.
Not that I want to go OT on this, especially about THIS which everyone hates talking about or reading about, but omicron is the strain which is the prologue to endemicity. The strain will burn through the population and lay the foundations for the same innate immunity people have against influenza and the common cold. After that, the virus will become a normal seasonal illness like those more common viral illnesses. The pandemic ends when endemic begins.

Insofar as the market is concerned, endemicity is extremely bullish. Once it's just a normal background seasonal illness, the economy can go back to worrying about things like climate change where Tesla is at the forefront of the new green economy.

Not that I want to go OT on this, especially about THIS which everyone hates talking about or reading about, but omicron is the strain which is the prologue to endemicity. The strain will burn through the population and lay the foundations for the same innate immunity people have against influenza and the common cold. After that, the virus will become a normal seasonal illness like those more common viral illnesses. The pandemic ends when endemic begins.
Yeah, someone should send that memo to China.

I really doubt this has anything to do with it. The market cares about inflation and bond yields, and right now there's some price discovery in terms of what it all means right now. They sold MSFT down over 4% today, that usually never happens.
Market may have been reacting to Lael Brainard's testimony at her confirmation hearing. Sounded hawkish on inflation, esp. for someone who was considered slightly more dovish than Powell. I wonder if the big money thinks Fed is going to step on the brakes too hard/fast and crimp the economy (hence 10-yr rate going down at same time as equities).

Reactions: deffu
Meh, it's kinda a pointless ruling in the regards of Omicron.

As a physician, I can tell you Omicron is running through the population like a wildfire. MUCH faster than any other variant. We're going to be approaching herd immunity regardless of convincing a portion of the population to be vaccinated or not. And honestly, if you gave these people their first dose today, I don't see it making that much of a difference when we are approaching 1mil new cases per day in the USA.

What does that have to do with TSLA and the markets? A lot, I believe. Much faster recovery when Wall St. starts to see case counts dropping.
Sadly, Physicians often do not understand epidemiology. Failure to understand how diseases spread is a great failure of medicine today. Without a doubt physicians are expected. to understand things far in excess of individual human capacity. OTOH, @bhp_duke is correct. Whetehrwe choose to accept it or not infectious disease is now material our TSLA investments. Worldwide people of every qualification fail to understand how extensive the implications of global climate change are, and how viral and bacterial influences are accelerating.

Lest we forget it, these also threaten our TSLA investments.

There's an imbalance in politics right now. It's cyclical, meaning it balances out, and then rinse and repeat (historical speaking). We live in an age where "corporations" are now considered "people" (according to the supremes) this is part of the imbalance we are seeing (both parties) we are in unchartered waters. Mountain side castle is looking pretty good right now (Good call Krugerrand). Political talk, please delete.
Right?! In more ways than you even know, I nailed it. Y’all might want to pay attention when I speak from now on. 😜

A reminder of why we're here. Not just to make money, but stopping this *sugar* from happening.

And to top that off, it's continuing to get hotter.

Sadly, Physicians often do not understand epidemiology. Failure to understand how diseases spread is a great failure of medicine today. Without a doubt physicians are expected. to understand things far in excess of individual human capacity. OTOH, @bhp_duke is correct. Whetehrwe choose to accept it or not infectious disease is now material our TSLA investments. Worldwide people of every qualification fail to understand how extensive the implications of global climate change are, and how viral and bacterial influences are accelerating.

Sorry, perhaps in my COVID head-fog I'm missing something, but was there a point you were making?

Honestly, with the typos etc. I'm just going to chalk this up to a "it's Happy Hour" post.

"The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) also stated that the LVCC Loop had been rated as “outstanding” by both show managers and attendees of CES 2022."

Edit: 57,000 passengers / hour...for even $1 per ride per passenger, when complete and completely removing traffic out of LV from the equation, that equates to $499,320,000 / year in LV alone using basic math.

I assume this brought fear and loathing today to the stock market. Wish I had seen that coming, but TSLA trades at multiples usually so...

CNBC: Supreme Court blocks Biden Covid vaccine mandate for businesses, allows health-care worker rule.
Everyone saw this coming, and no I don't think it played any role in the market action today.. no measurable role at least.

Reactions: ccook and bkp_duke

I take offense to your comments about physicians not understanding epidemiology. I would argue physicians know more about epidemiology than any other group except epidemiologists. It is a core concept pounded into us as medical students.

My take on Omicron is that it is effectively "vaccinating" all those who refused to get the real vaccine. It's happening fast. Our hospital is 1/4 full with just COVID patients. We have hundreds of employees out because of COVID (all of whom are vaccinated). Even though it appears less lethal, so many have been infected that our hospital COVID census is still at all time highs. We seem to be at the peak right now. It is burning through our community faster than expected. It will all be over in 1-2 weeks in my opinion. Then it will be endemic, like influenza, as bkp_duke said. Get a booster every year. Otherwise back to normal. Bullish for the stock market, I'd say.

I take offense to your comments about physicians not understanding epidemiology. I would argue physicians know more about epidemiology than any other group except epidemiologists. It is a core concept pounded into us as medical students.

My take on Omicron is that it is effectively "vaccinating" all those who refused to get the real vaccine. It's happening fast. Our hospital is 1/4 full with just COVID patients. We have hundreds of employees out because of COVID (all of whom are vaccinated). Even though it appears less lethal, so many have been infected that our hospital COVID census is still at all time highs. We seem to be at the peak right now. It is burning through our community faster than expected. It will all be over in 1-2 weeks in my opinion. Then it will be endemic, like influenza, as bkp_duke said. Get a booster every year. Otherwise back to normal. Bullish for the stock market, I'd say.

Adding on that March is coming and so is the Spring heat that will bring all of this back down and give lead time to the rest of the world for everyone to get vaccinated. I'm still worried about a pullback until then though.

Spot on. The R-value for Omicron is so high (approaching measles-level infectivity) that unless EVERYONE was wearing N95 masks AND had proper mask hygiene (i.e. swapping out for a new mask at least once daily, never touching their faces, etc. etc.) it means that anyone except hermits with a 6 month stockpile of food and zero human contact are going to get this variant sooner or later.

Bullish for the stock market when Wall St figures this out. My guess, that's right around or soon after TSLA earnings date (w00t!).

EDIT - not advice, but I've literally loaded up on some nice options around earnings report, as I expect a double whammy.

Rueter's is reporting that the CT is delayed until 2023, according to an "inside source". If true that's genuinely disappointing, and embarrassing TBH. Hopefully they learned a lesson to not unveil new products so far from production.