Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its kinda ironic, at the time Potus is arranging how best to shovel gov money to bail out ford and Gm tesla are going to be releasing killer Q4 numbers.
Its like a bad movie plot that keeps getting badder and badder or funnier and funnier if you know it is meant to be funny.

Kinda like the movie "Howard the duck".

Ok, can we not talk politics now please? :)

A correction of 25% in growth stocks is probably pricing 2 hikes of 0.25? I thought the discount rate made growth stock drop around 8% for every 0.25 increase?

If they announce 3 x 0.5 they will collapse even more. If they announce 3 x 0.25 starting March there will be a slow relief I believe. Now they have to decide to send the stock market into a crash and drop pension funds to fight inflation strongly or accept a higher inflation and maintain the actual correction.
Sorry, meant 3 hikes

Couldn’t edit.

Its like a bad movie plot that keeps getting badder and badder or funnier and funnier if you know it is meant to be funny.

Kinda like the movie "Howard the duck".

Ok, can we not talk politics now please? :)
I see these actions by the legacy US auto firms as a gray background to the bright light of Tesla’s path. I have never been more confident in the success of Tesla. The more legacy auto dithers, the greater the gap grows between Tesla and its competitors.

I see these actions by the legacy US auto firms as a gray background to the bright light of Tesla’s path. I have never been more confident in the success of Tesla. The more legacy auto dithers, the greater the gap grows between Tesla and its competitors.
You had me at 'dithers'. Engineers might know why. Great word to describe them.

Opinion Microsoft stock’s post-earnings roller-coaster ride won’t be the last | Marketwatch.com (Published: Jan. 25, 2022 at 8:54 p.m. ET )

As investors toughen out the current market volatility, it’s becoming clear the only thing that is going to matter this earnings season is tech companies’ forecasts. Investors know they likely put up record profits and revenue in 2021 as the COVID-19 pandemic continued to push us all online, but they need to know what is expected ahead in tech, where many stocks have been overheated and overvalued.

And they are willing to send stocks on wild lurches both ways as they figure it out.

“In this jittery market, we will see every tech print initially viewed as glass half-empty,” Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives said in a note to clients.

MSFT A/Hrs Chart:(20:00)

MSFT.2022-01-25.20-00.png

TSLA A/Hrs Chart:(20:00)

TSLA.2022-01-25.20-00.png

TL;dr Kabuki Theatre on the Hudson continues tomorrow after the Close... :p

Cheers!

I do think customer service is a potential concern going forward, given the massive continued sales numbers. Hoping that the extra $ being spent on service centers covers that aspect. As an aside to all of us cheering for the new factories to open NOW NOW NOW- "they'll be ready when they're ready". Opening them too soon causes service and PR nightmares. As my software manager reminds me, "We can deliver late but we cannot deliver wrong."
The other main negative in the editorial that the writer pointed out was the massive fail on delivering an FSD that lives up to Elon's early and continued promises, 'very shortly now' causing disillusion and the crumbling of the stock -> company.
IMHO both arguments are fact based, and have already been mooted about here muchly. I have gathered that this forum disagrees on the magnitude and risk of those 2 items. As for me, I have placed my powder behind Mr. Musk for the next 3 years at least. I think this company succeeds based on its cars, cost, and model independently of FSD.
One thing that bugged me was that the article claimed Tesla HAD to deliver 2 million cars this year to hit their targets. That would be 100% growth, not 50% growth as stated by Tesla, so I think either the writer's or my math is way off.
We need a good question asked via SAY during earnings that asks Tesla if they are committed to a service center quantity / capacity per unit sold...what that ratio has been historically, what that ratio is today, and what that ratio needs to be in the future. Additionally, they ought to be asked to report the progress against such a metric, periodically in the future....or something like that.

That's a stunning revelation. Do you know anything more beyond what's in your tweet?

Well, WE know alot about the installation timeline for the Model Y (6,000 ton) Gigapresses. The 2ND Giga press installation at Giga Texas was back on April 15, 2021: (over 9 months ago)

Further, we'd expect the new and larger (8,000 ton) CT giga presses to require extra time for testing and commissioning, since this is their first application (including by the Manufacturer, IDRA).

TL;dr CT trial production end of 2022ish, start of volume production in 2023. Nothing to see, move along... :p

Cheers!