Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a tweet too but hertz deleted it.

Also Ross is a national treasure. His interview is hilarious as always.
here:

FJ9XTUBWQAIam13.jpg

It's been going up every quarter

View attachment 760342

It has- but it continues to do so significantly slower than new vehicle sales.... SC coverage is an issue even Elon admitted was a problem (he called it a foolish oversight) at least as early as 2018 where he said they'd not only fix it, but they'd cover all "major regions of NA (not just big cities) within 3-6 months"... 3+ years later that's still not done and there remain a bunch of US states with zero service centers... (also their lumping showroom and service centers together muddles the data a bit... I've certainly seen locations that are showroom ONLY which doesn't help anyone needing service).

As recently as a few months ago he was still replying to such complaints on twitter promising to "expedite" more openings.

The other issue (apart from the obvious covid stuff where everyone has trouble hiring right now) is we've seen many folks report while waiting for parts having been told by their SC that the wait is because Tesla is prioritizing new parts going into new cars, rather than to service centers to fix existing ones. More SCs makes that problem worse, but that's going to be a continually deeper dug hole as production continues to rise unless they can significantly increase spare parts production in general.

As all the previous times this has come up, as relates to Tesla needing to invest significantly more cash into this (which as investors seems pretty relevant)- it hasn't hurt sales in a meaningful way because demand for any decent EV is so high, and Tesla is a lot more than decent... but I do know folks in some areas (Iowa for example) that love the brand but absolutely wouldn't buy one if they need to go out of state for service- and yes they know about the rangers, and they know how less often in general EVs need service. Some folks think as long as there's any order backlog there's no need to care about such folks- I think that's too short-term thinking as production continues to ramp aggressively.

Not buying into earnings hype. But want to know when CT line will be made and volume production of Austin and Berlin GFs. Also will there be a question about solar roof tiles? And Buffalo GF? Also, if anyone is hesitant or dismissive of the CT, I kindly ask that you cancel your reservation, asking for a friend.

Hype mode is fully engaged here. Dipping into cheetah stance.

In addition to CT details I hope we get roadster details too.

I think its too soon for a Roadster update. 4680's need to scale into production before Tesla can even think of making the Roadster. More likely late this year or sometime next year for Roadster news.
Honestly until Roadster is not a nuisance project getting in the way of production of other vehicles no reason to even think about it. Until Model S, Model X pumping out regularly. Psst our Model S LR ordered last May 6th now has a delivery timeframe of May 4 to June 1. Do we need a very low volume vehicle that is a year from order to delivery?

Elon making Product roadmap updates must mean some important milestones/goals are being met /shared..
else why show up for the boneheaded Q's? :)

Opening of the new GF's. Are we gonna see some Texas MYs?
4680 updates. It was down to an engineeringg problem last 2 Q's
Semi update. Are all attendants gonna get some FritoLays
CT - new alpha. Steel mill down the road coming along
Mega packs .. new factory
Model Q (likely not , and for another quarter)

Last edited:
Honestly until Roadster is not a nuisance project getting in the way of production of other vehicles no reason to even think about it. Until Model S, Model X pumping out regularly. Psst our Model S LR ordered last May 6th now has a delivery timeframe of May 4 to June 1. Do we need a very low volume vehicle that is a year from order to delivery?

The roadster will probably need less than 1 GWh to satisfy production.

It probably also has the highest profit per KWh of capacity as well as being a rolling advertisement.

Elon making Product roadmap updates must mean some important milestones/goals are being met /shared..
else why show up for the boneheaded Q's? :)

Opening of the new GF's. Are we gonna see some Texas MYs?
4680 updates. It was down to an engineeringg problem last 2 Q's
Semi update. Are all attendants gonna get some FritoLays
CT - new alpha. Steel mill down the road coming along
Mega packs .. new factory
Model Q (likely not , and for another quarter)
Indeed some milestones have probably been met in order for Elon to go on the call and talk about the product roadmap.

I believe these updates will be very interesting to us hardcore Tesla fans/investors, but I don't think these updates will concern short term events that have great effect on the stock price (for example "CT deliveries starting Q3").

I'm more of the mentality that Elon wants to temper expectations regarding CT this year, and how 2022 will be the year of "4680 production hell" and that we shouldn't expect too much until EOY.

Either way I'm very interested in the information we'll receive tonight. How the stock price reacts is of lesser importance.

IMHO, I'd love it if we put FSD non it's own thread at least for another 5 years-8 years when it's closer to being relevant...

Edit - OR if this forum offered us the option to ignore FSD posts...

Elon TOLD investors to pay attention to Batteries and FSD duirng the 2019 AGM Q&A, and yet somehow you resist. Is it that some very basic, pre-frontal level of abstraction, don't believe in exponetials?

If you don't, I suggest you are in danger of selling. JMO.

HTH. #DOJO