Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Roadster is to be assembled in Fremont on the new S/X "Palladium" line, then its 4680 cell supply will almost certainly come from Kato Rd (10 GWh/yr planned capacity).

So, Roadster can go into production as soon as Giga Texas is independant for 4680s. Obviously, Semi can use some of those Kato cells in the first years of production, until the 2nd larger Semi GA line is running in Austin.

TL;dr I expect to hear a basic update on 4680 progress from the 30,000' level, with some fog near the Arpt... :p

Cheers!
Mine better be painted in the new paint shop they have promised then. My 3 paint is pretty good, not perfect. But for 250k I do expect flawless. ;)

Turns out you can't just print up trillions of dollars....who knew ? 🤷‍♂️
Well we've been trying to get some inflation going since 2008. All administrations have been doing this, huge amounts of excess cash sloshing around and it did nothing to actually boost wages and get the economy hot. Turns out that if you just gave a few thousand to poor people ...well you'll get some inflation. This discussion would be better continued on another thread but it is an interesting phenom and one that definately will concern some chicago school folks. Want to break out of a deflationary cycle. Make sure all, including the poorest people, have some $ to spend. Now we have a bit of inflation, wages are increasing and Tesla bulls should be paying very close attention to HR related matters at Austin because Austin labor market is very tight. Housing prices are skyrocketing and there is no spare capacity. It will be interesting to see how Tesla recruits and retains in Austin.

The current cause(s) of inflation, and if it's transitory or not, is a matter of considerable debate

The short answer is: It's complicated.

Longer decent overview of some of these factors (with of course the authors own interpretation of them) and which may or may not translate to short term vs long term inflation here:

The article reinforces my feeling that we shouldn't be raising interest rates to deal with the current inflation problem.

Turns out you can't just print up trillions of dollars....who knew ? 🤷‍♂️
It's actually looking like you can. It'll be even more apparent as we move into sustainable abundance via cheap renewable energy. Our biggest "problem" will soon be deflation.

I'm of the opinion most of this inflation is transitory. I base that almost entirely on the current state of the oil markets. We've been dramatically oversupplied since 2015 and global crude demand has very likely peaked globally. Yet all we hear about is scarcity and supply constraints that we know for a fact are not true.

Lots and lots of folks taking advantage of a pandemic to pad their profits or pass their losses onto someone else via hoarding and straight up price gouging. It's prison rules out there......for now. (see: Putin, Vlad)

Someone help me here....

Isn't the main cause of inflation right now the result of limited supply and not incredible economic growth?
Why on Earth would the Fed want to raise interest rates and further slow down an economy that is being strangled by supply chain disruptions?
So their Puts can print?? 🤔

problem gif.gif

Well we've been trying to get some inflation going since 2008. All administrations have been doing this, huge amounts of excess cash sloshing around and it did nothing to actually boost wages and get the economy hot. Turns out that if you just gave a few thousand to poor people ...well you'll get some inflation. This discussion would be better continued on another thread but it is an interesting phenom and one that definately will concern some chicago school folks. Want to break out of a deflationary cycle. Make sure all, including the poorest people, have some $ to spend. Now we have a bit of inflation, wages are increasing and Tesla bulls should be paying very close attention to HR related matters at Austin because Austin labor market is very tight. Housing prices are skyrocketing and there is no spare capacity. It will be interesting to see how Tesla recruits and retains in Austin.
Meh, I still think inflation was caused by the perfect storm of ridiculous high savings rate during shut down and supply chain disruption post shut down just when people having a high desire to spend their savings. Savings rate is now dropping closer to pre-pandemic levels and we just need world travel to open up for that part of the economy to suck more money away.

I am actually afraid that we will see strong deflation due to housing cost and which may have fed raise rates just to damper that aspect of the economy.

It's actually looking like you can. It'll be even more apparent as we move into sustainable abundance via cheap renewable energy. Our biggest "problem" will soon be deflation.

I'm of the opinion most of this inflation is transitory. I base that almost entirely on the current state of the oil markets. We've been dramatically oversupplied since 2015 and global crude demand has very likely peaked globally. Yet all we hear about is scarcity and supply constraints that we know for a fact are not true.

Lots and lots of folks taking advantage of a pandemic to pad their profits or pass their losses onto someone else via hoarding and straight up price gouging. It's prison rules out there......for now. (see: Putin, Vlad)
Deflation is a demon that's hard to beat. Just look at Japan. The most brilliant macro economic enhancement occurred entirely by accident, give money to poor people. It was mean to tide over folks that had been impacted by covid but in actuality that, and child credits, have pushed lots of people off the edge of poverty. Deflationary impacts of nearly free renewable energy are not understood to say the least.

If energy is nearly free, why super insulate homes? Why not have all electric arc steel mills with lower costs, low cost aluminium smelting, etc etc.

Lots to think about but I doubt I'll live to see all the implications work through society. Interesting to consider.

The Microsoft price movements have been insane. Very glad its recovered, Hopefully wall street has figured out that a GOOD beat is going to go up, and they won't play it down. Cant wait to see what a GREAT beat does.
That's not what happened yesterday. I was observing how MSFT stock was reacting to their earnings release. As soon as Microsoft released good earnings beat, but absent of any guidance according to CNBC, the stock dropped. MSFT recovered to green once conference call got underway and provided good guidance, also according to CNBC. This updated article from CNBC summarizes it. You'll need to distinguish between an earnings beat and good guidance, especially which one would send the stock to the moon. Seems like you're still stuck on the idea that an earnings beat is the key to sending the stock to the moon. It is not. It's the guidance that's usually often not provided in title of the news that determines the stock's fate. Hope this helps you understand more and provides clarity.