Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was responding to you when you said that guidance is the metric I need to be looking at, yet when applying that very thinking to the company that this forum is about, that doesn't work because Tesla has set no guidance and moves based solely on EPS. I understand that perhaps guidance is mover, but so is EPS. One in the same. Cheers

Guidance is generally 50% YoY. It's still the speculation that launches the stock based on some response given by Tesla folks. Elon's words moved the market the most during the conference calls. There's also manipulation that gone wrong where shorts need to cover, and that would launch the stock as well.

How the market felt:

1c7f36c0388df21e70920c44108b82184b52977f.gifv
All hope is not lost.
1643229390430.png

MODERATOR:
@Buckminster is not a Moderator. MOST of his tips and suggestions are good and rarely - if ever - before have I stepped in to say anything differently. Nevertheless, what he writes are NOT thread rules.

In this situation, posting quotes from the presentation are welcome.…
OTHER THAN ONLY IF THE “NOT EARLIER POSTED“ request is not violated.
Please disentangle those multiple negations for my reading pleasure. I might be up all night trying to get what you do mean!
Mod: Sure - Sit on your hands unless you have something productive to share. Easy-peasy.