Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like they started producing Y's in Austin in 2021 for customers where as the wording for Berlin is clearly sounding like tests.

US: California and Texas
Builds of Model Ys started in late 2021 at Gigafactory Texas. After final certification of Austin-made Model Y, we plan to start deliveries to customers. Fremont factory achieved record production in 2021. We believe there is potential to extend overall capacity beyond 600,000 per year. We aim to maximize output from our Fremont factory while ramping new factories.

Europe: Berlin-Brandenburg
Equipment testing through the vehicle production process started late 2021. We are still in the process of finalizing the manufacturing permit from local authorities, which will allow us to start delivering German-made vehicles in Europe. These first vehicles will be built using 2170 cells

Positive Points I see thus far:

- If you exclude the one-time payroll taxes for the CEO options exercised, you get to $2.84 Non-GAAP EPS
- Free Cash Flow of $2.8B - this is truly amazing
- With the Cash Flow, Tesla paid down debt by $1.5B and increased cash by $1.5B
- It looks as if all tranches of the CEO award have now been deemed "probable" - going forward in 2022, there is a small amount remaining to be expensed - about $30m

So what's EPS without that big one-time tax hit? $2.7 or more?

If so, all other details are a home run IMO. This should eventually be blastoff if guidance is at all detailed rather than "somewhere around 50%". I think Zach knows this and hopefully will give a 2022 or at least 1Q figure.

I reeeeeeaaally hope some big boys are deeply short right now.