Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just woke up and the first thing my brain did was come up with this dad joke:

Where do cats and dogs invest their money?

In the stock barket and meowtual funds 😬

I know, I know… “go back to sleep”
It must be great to be able to entertain yourself so easily. I'm jealous.
And, you get to go back to sleep. fml

If twitter mis represented the 5% fake stuff, perhaps Lord Musk need not pay 1B surrender fee.
Seems to me EM is seeking some bank support (loans) to avoid further Tesla stock sales such that TWTR stock valuation replaces the Tesla stock. But the banks want diligence related TWTR valuation confidence. Valuation is weighted on users and turnover etc.

Negative might be that more Tesla sales “might” be required. Plus more lawsuits.

Pro might be that a more valid pricing is established. The deal is likely to go through and be better understood. Best pro may be that EM stops listening to Jack Dorsey since he just got fleeced.

My view is that unfortunately the deal is going to be pushed through perhaps at a minor reduction in price. YMMV

Ok. Was just trying to point out due to a fundamental design difference one truck might suite someone better and vice versa. This was a counterpoint to you pointing out the only reason someone would not buy a cybertruck is for 'looks' or if they are far removed from a supercharger. Are you really not going to reach over the edge and grab your bag/tool/whatever if its all the way up in the bed due to risk of injury? What about tossing stuff in. Never addressed that. Every design has pros and cons, and to not acknowledge that is a bit too rah-rah tesla in my opinion.
I spent years working on farms where I used side loading often to reach tools and equipment. The other item I will miss is not being able to sit wide objects across the sides of the truck (e.g. fencing panels that are too wide for the bed - which might now need to be carried by a trailer). I'd also be interested to see how it works if you have working dogs that are normally chained to the bed at the rear of the cabin while driving at speed - possibly you'd need to climb into the back now to secure them. There will be some adaptation required and some tasks may well be worse.

But at the end of the day the Cybertruck works for the vast majority of people and is so popular that it doesn't matter if certain tasks not performed by many people are more difficult. It will be sold out for many, many years to come.

There's also a ton of benefits of the CT that will far exceed what current trucks can do. The ramp will make loading easier for many items, powering tools without a generator, the lockable rear, the carrying capacity, not having a radiator that clogs up with dirt/grass seed (hopefully), etc.)

A little thought exercise for the morning:

Local Tesla model 3 price as a percentage of 2022 estimated GDP per capita

47.4% 🇱🇺 Luxembourg
48.4% 🇳🇴 Norway
57.7% 🇨🇭 Switzerland
62.6% 🇺🇸 United States
67.1% 🇮🇪 Ireland
67.8% 🇮🇸 Iceland
79.0% 🇦🇺 Australia
88.5% 🇨🇦 Canada
98.3% 🇩🇰 Denmark
105.1% 🇳🇿 New Zealand
106.8% 🇳🇱 Netherlands
116.7% 🇸🇪 Sweden
116.9% 🇫🇮 Finland
122.1% 🇩🇪 Germany
122.6% 🇧🇪 Belgium
124.8% 🇦🇹 Austria
125.7% 🇸🇬 Singapore
127.8% 🇮🇱 Israel
129.0% 🇫🇷 France
131.1% 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
131.6% 🇯🇵 Japan
145.5% 🇭🇰 Hong Kong SAR
153.1% 🇰🇷 South Korea
174.8% 🇹🇼 Taiwan
178.3% 🇪🇪 Estonia
186.4% 🇮🇹 Italy
202.4% 🇪🇸 Spain
202.8% 🇸🇮 Slovenia
212.6% 🇱🇹 Lithuania
244.3% 🇨🇿 Czechia
252.5% 🇱🇻 Latvia
254.4% 🇸🇰 Slovakia
260.0% 🇵🇹 Portugal
299.8% 🇬🇷 Greece
322.1% 🇭🇺 Hungary
324.8% 🇨🇳 China
328.6% 🇵🇱 Poland
377.8% 🇭🇷 Croatia
410.6% 🇷🇴 Romania
527.6% 🇲🇽 Mexico

It should be noted that there are regional differences, in Shanghai where the GDP per capita is in the $29,000 range (About the same as Spain, and only slightly behind Italy, Japan and SK now) this number would be about 145%

Last edited:
Can you imagine what would happen if Elon walked away ... ;)
TSLA covering, gamma sqeeze .... full covering resumes .... cascades to other names as monies are needed to cover TSLA .... market sanity is restored ;)
Dreams some true sometimes;)

Seems the actual Twitter report of % of real users came out last Monday
Hindenburg report was also out last week saying Elon would walk and they had gone short….. so I guess they are the ones who will profit the most

+ market likely formed a bottom yesterday prior to this ;) either PPI or Powells comments- and most things were green after hours yesterday

Reactions: Nocturnal
1652442995690.gif

A little thought exercise for the morning:

Local Tesla model 3 price as a percentage of 2022 estimated GDP per capita

47.4% 🇱🇺 Luxembourg
48.4% 🇳🇴 Norway
57.7% 🇨🇭 Switzerland
62.6% 🇺🇸 United States
67.1% 🇮🇪 Ireland
67.8% 🇮🇸 Iceland
79.0% 🇦🇺 Australia
88.5% 🇨🇦 Canada
98.3% 🇩🇰 Denmark
105.1% 🇳🇿 New Zealand
106.8% 🇳🇱 Netherlands
116.7% 🇸🇪 Sweden
116.9% 🇫🇮 Finland
122.1% 🇩🇪 Germany
122.6% 🇧🇪 Belgium
124.8% 🇦🇹 Austria
125.7% 🇸🇬 Singapore
127.8% 🇮🇱 Israel
129.0% 🇫🇷 France
131.1% 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
131.6% 🇯🇵 Japan
145.5% 🇭🇰 Hong Kong SAR
153.1% 🇰🇷 South Korea
174.8% 🇹🇼 Taiwan
178.3% 🇪🇪 Estonia
186.4% 🇮🇹 Italy
202.4% 🇪🇸 Spain
202.8% 🇸🇮 Slovenia
212.6% 🇱🇹 Lithuania
244.3% 🇨🇿 Czechia
252.5% 🇱🇻 Latvia
254.4% 🇸🇰 Slovakia
260.0% 🇵🇹 Portugal
299.8% 🇬🇷 Greece
322.1% 🇭🇺 Hungary
324.8% 🇨🇳 China
328.6% 🇵🇱 Poland
377.8% 🇭🇷 Croatia
410.6% 🇷🇴 Romania
527.6% 🇲🇽 Mexico

It should be noted that there are regional differences, in Shanghai where the GDP per capita is in the $29,000 range (About the same as Spain, and only slightly behind Italy, Japan and SK now) this number would be about 145%

It might be more useful to calculate this based on median household income. The variation in inequality means things are very heavily distorted there. For example, no way is the model 3 twice as expensive, even in relative terms, in the UK compared to the US. (US GDP per capita might be skewed high due to a lot of billionaires for example).

• Helpful
Reactions: Dig deeper