Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The “good” news I guess is that after Joe Biden is done speed-running his recreation of the Jimmy Carter admin and the Rs have the presidency and supermajorities in congress Tesla might be better positioned then…
Better positioned for what? Tesla needs to sell cars to all people regardless of political stripe. There’s no good news in any of this.

Better positioned for what? Tesla needs to sell cars to all people regardless of political stripe. There’s no good news in any of this.
Would just like to observe that most of the free world is more liberal than the democrats in the USA - most global customers find republicans and what they stand for abhorrent.

Yes, he quit, but never bad mouthed him on Twitter. Trump was saying at his rallies that EVs only go 160 miles, when at that point Tesla Model S went over 300+. and my mid-range 3 went 260. Elon never called out Trump like Biden.

He is probably being more vocal because the people he thought were on his side have been complete unhinged sanctimonious pr&@ks to him the last few months.

I’m sure if millions of people starting calling you hitler, racist, nazi, white supremacist, etc it wouldn’t bother you?

Yeah little. Where was all the public bashing. Where was the dementia comments when Trump bragged, and still does at rally's, about passing a dementia screening test. Elon quit and kept quiet. Why? Because Tesla was on the precipice back then. Now he is so sure about Tesla he feels he can just push away investors and customers because his feelings hurt about other companies getting credit and the wealthiest man in the world being used to support higher taxes.

I have 2 sons in software engineering in Austin, a niece who is a chemical engineer in Dallas and her husband is an aeronautical engineer. I used to push for them to apply for positions at Tesla. I cant in good conscious any more and they would laugh at me now if I did.
Nah, I think he found that working with the republican party in Texas, in contrast with working with the democratic party in Cali the last few years changed how he will manage going forward.

I mean this all started(the attacks on Elon) all because of the Covid shut down, moving his headquarter to Texas, and bashing California's government/SEC/etc etc. TSLA coming out of the pandemic x15 gave Elon this wealth that also rubbed the democrats the wrong way especially from all the Covid shenanigans.

He found that there's little red tape working in Republican heavy states and can scale his production much much faster than democratic heavy states. Like he said on All-In podcast, Tesla would still be working on the permits if gigatexas happened in Cali.

This plus the constant attacks from the left just made it seem like a no brainer to appease to the party that will help him scale production (this is the only thing Elon cares about btw...everything else is just theater). The product will sell itself because it's just a cleaner product.

Only going off chatter here and nothing about the prices. This looks like bottom. 🤣
If tomorrow opens uglee and finishes down hard another five to ten percent across the board on huge volumes and a vix above or near 40 we may have found bottom. This churn grind and dump we have been seeing only indicative of bear market Continuation.

Capitulation means everyone gives up and walks away. Looks like we might see some of that here as well.

If tomorrow opens uglee and finishes down hard another five to ten percent across the board on huge volumes and a vix above or near 40 we may have found bottom. This churn grind and dump we have been seeing only indicative of bear market Continuation.

Capitulation means everyone gives up and walks away. Looks like we might see some of that here as well.
The market is general is pricing in another 2008 financial crisis at these levels, not just another standard recession. Capitulation could happen at any point/time now

He is probably being more vocal because the people he thought were on his side have been complete unhinged sanctimonious pr&@ks to him the last few months.

I’m sure if millions of people starting calling you hitler, racist, nazi, white supremacist, etc it wouldn’t bother you?
He literally tweeted that the difference between Justin Trudeau and Hitler was that Hilter had a budget. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Probably because, as stated by Elon, when you removed Trump from the equation, Tesla was able to work with the administration very well:
Tell us what improved Tesla position in the nation during the Trump administration? What single policy helped? I can say that the Obama Administration did, I can even say the Bush Administration did. Nothing the Trump administration did helped Tesla. If there is something let us know. Seems to me he just wanted to jab Biden because of the visits by Biden to GM and Ford plants. I said many times Elon should invite Biden publicly to the opening of the worlds largest EV factory. He didnt. Why not? That could have really opened Bidens eyes.

The touching of 200 week MA is within reach. Maybe not this week, but next. The 200 week EMA has been touched earlier at 11,300 (and overshot). One of these will end up being the bottom within 2-3%.

In the end... financial performance will be what the company is judged on. The Elon stuff and Twitter is noise. Pretty impactful noise right now, but still just noise. There is a bargain right in front of our eyes.

If he keeps up, he will do tangible damage to the Tesla brand, huge backlogs notwithstanding. And that could affect financial performance down the line.

FB_IMG_1652902780348.jpg

Backlogs don’t last forever. Serious damage to a brand can. I didn’t think we were there until this week. But it’s happening.
I think this is actually helping the brand. Sure, he's shedding the woke, but most of the country is sick of them anyways. Living in a deep red state, I've never heard more positive things said about Elon than right now.