Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC spent the first 5 minutes of market action trash talking Elon who "isn't always a man of his word".

Where? Elon isn't a saint, but relative to the rest of Wall Street and corporate America he needs to be in the top .1% in honest transparency.

I don't mind smack talk from "analysts" paid to push a hedge fund narrative, but Carl? Sad!

Thanks for an awesome post, but can I get a citation for this? The data I could find is an order of magnitude smaller.

Most is waste heat at the plant, then 5-7% in distribution.

CNBC spent the first 5 minutes of market action trash talking Elon who "isn't always a man of his word".

Where? Elon isn't a saint, but relative to the rest of Wall Street and corporate America he needs to be in the top .1% in honest transparency.

I don't mind smack talk from "analysts" paid to push a hedge fund narrative, but Carl? Sad!
CNBC and market is pissed becuase elon pulled the curtain back on social media companies, whose valuation drove recent stock bubbles. Can now see that these companies, such as twitter, used data improperly with actual government fines to generate profit. And significant user base is bot or algorithmic. Still have humans driving and buying cars...

Volume still moderate. FOMO is certainly building, but I'd like to see some real volume pick up.
Was watching CNBS on tuesday morning at a hotel and someone had come on (Forgot who it was), and he had mentioned sometime last week sellers outpaced buyers 12:1 so the low might have been reached already :)

https://aseannow.com/topic/1260627-elon-musk’s-tesla-registers-subsidiary-in-thailand/

Great news for those of us living in Thailand! ...

2) Heightened evaluation of Thailand as another manufacturing base for Tesla in Asia. It’s a huge auto market with an extensive vehicle manufacturing base, affordable labor and supply chain expertise. This could help reduce risks associated with the predictable increase in tensions between the PRC and the West in the coming decade.
There is very well developed port and industrial base around Laem Chabang in Chonburi, Thailand's largest port. Mitsubishi and Michelin both have factories there. FWIW, oil and gas are also big there. The largest impediment to commerce with Middle East and Europe is the Singapore Straits, already a major shipping headache for China/Europe/Middle East movements. There have been plans to develop the port of Ranong with better facilities and strong rail development.

The major path at present still is Dawei. In Myanmar but very convenient for all the industrial base of Thailand there has been controversy and political machinations. In concept this would be Japanese/Thai/Myanmar and could essentially eliminate the Singapore transition for most of Thailand commerce. Thai plans and execution of major rail developments linking Chunburi/Rayong to Dawei through Bangkok are the "easiest Part".

Tesla could have some major advantages with Thai facilities when/if all this development happens.There is already huge pressure to have all of this happen quickly. The Tesla Thai entry is likely to be an impetus. The wild card: Japan may or may not want to encourage this particular combination.

Right now as Tesla is expanding every major country that is targeted for new industrial entry will have similar but not identical odd major constraints. The next five years will be enormously consequential. I'm still convinced we will see both Indonesia and Brazil, while Thailand is obvious too. Others, such as India, are highly desirable but overwhelmingly dominated with political and industrial impediments and risks.

Last 3 weeks not great for many, worse for UK coal plants* (Tesla - the mission, its enemies, reasons for FUD, lobbying and corruption that might affect stock price)... and this is during a time when electricity prices have massively increased in UK. Coal must be SO uneconomic

1653575302573.png

* 3 plants, rapidly going to zero

1653575481659.png

Anyone else see that glitch across the practically everything there for a second?

Could have just been a yahoo finance bug issue. Everything dropped by half in the matter of a second
That was just the capacitors pulling charge as the MM's fire up the naked shorting machine. It's a big power draw!