Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add some color to this SP call and highlight the absurdity of today's valuation.....

$1400 at Thanksgiving brings us from today's 98 PE back up to a mere 132ish. When we dip back down to $1250 in January PE will be below 85. Depending on 2Q & 4Q EPS, it could be as low as 78.

That's 6 months from now and at double the SP from mid June.
We are in the midst of earnings compression across the board of the market... in the past, we've seen compressions like this basically go static once they hit a level below. 150s become 100s, 100s become 75s, 75s become 50s, 50s become 30s... 30s well in tech they tend to stay 30s. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Tesla go static at 75 for this next stage of growth (100 wouldn't surprise me either).

And when did the rational world appear?
Not yet, have not been found yet, but NASA keeps looking for it all over the Universe, except on Earth, they know that would be pointless:
1657206711500.png

Copyright content removed

Mod: With some regret, I have had to remove the almost total quote of copyrighted content. The original author makes money from his content, and has a valid claim against TMC, which is why posting such content is against the terms of service. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Easier to make a regular van/mini van and make it Robo once FSD is solved,

than to start with Robo and not sell anything till FSD is solved ;)
I am tired of RoboThis, RoboThat. Too much of talk before getting basic FSD going with reasonable success. I am sure they will get there, but can Musk wait for that day before making these kind of statements?

New Munro video on the 4680 Model Y.

Mainly the Frunk area showing continuous improvement in addition to the front giga casting.

What the frunk? Hopefully they're pulling apart a battery case, maybe split into teams like the vehicle after separation.
Anticipating their teardown as a potential news source for something cool, what is the one spec that we don't know about the 4680s, is it the charging speed? What's the test they could do to clarify any un-throttled capability, (besides counting how many inside, and weighing them)?

Reactions: La_crolle
Mod: Copyrighted material removed. --ggr
The reason Northvolt built the factory so far away from where the batteries will be delivered too, had nothing to do with source of materials. It was all because of EU subsidizing. Investments in northern parts of Scandinavia qualifies for all kinds of EU help. Wouldn't be surprised if they get more benefits than they are actually spending on the factory.

This is a major mistake which will cost them dearly in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the fuel should be created on Mars that is the best alternative.

But there is one other consideration, we will not have a very successful multi-planetary civilisation if all of the food comes from one planet.

We can expect the Mars population to have a high ratio of Robots to Humans, but IMO it will need a sufficiently high human population to preserve some genetic diversity.

I don't expect any cows on Mars so I think most meat and dairy (protein) comes from Precision Fermentation, they still need a source of sugar.

If they could grow Sugar Cane, Algae and Mushrooms and perhaps some leafy green veg on Mars that is probably a good base for sufficient nutrition to sustain a population.

Since they need to produce the food anyway, some food waste or human waste can be used as a source of some hydrocarbons.

We can be sure Elon has a plan, but Mars is a big challenge, the kind of challenge that will improve our technology base and improve our knowledge.
So as Earth technology will be adapted for Mars, we can be sure Mars technology will eventually be adapted for Earth.
Well, as Matt Damon showed in "The Martian," just add some excrement to the Martian soil, water accordingly, and you can grow potatoes!

What the frunk? Hopefully they're pulling apart a battery case, maybe split into teams like the vehicle after separation.
Anticipating their teardown as a potential news source for something cool, what is the one spec that we don't know about the 4680s, is it the charging speed? What's the test they could do to clarify any un-throttled capability, (besides counting how many inside, and weighing them)?

they need to milk this as much as they can. 4680 teardown will be grand finale ;)
Hope we don't see Sandy shave his privates as well ;) ;)

Was hoping for Limiting Factory summary video by now ....

Now that we've seen the pack and seats pulled right out the bottom of a Model Y, lets hope we can someday get a skateboard version of the CT. Give me the frame, drivetrain, and pack with front seats. I'll bolt on a vintage Bronco tub or something
You don't understand the entire concept of the CT.

We are in the midst of earnings compression across the board of the market... in the past, we've seen compressions like this basically go static once they hit a level below. 150s become 100s, 100s become 75s, 75s become 50s, 50s become 30s... 30s well in tech they tend to stay 30s. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Tesla go static at 75 for this next stage of growth (100 wouldn't surprise me either).
I think we're way too early in the S curve for such compression to have begun. Compared to other big tech names anyway. Revenue is growing at 75-100% and earnings are screaming higher at like +700%.

A logical time to start compressing below a PE of 150-(infinity) might have been after 1Q22 or maybe in the months before. I feel like Tesla is just a victim of showing too much revenue too early! No other company in history has spit out such piles of cash this early in the growth cycle.

We shall see. A world where TSLA PE of 75 or 50 in 2023 means SP needs to "inch higher" by what......25% every quarter just to keep pace? The options market and hedgies won't allow that. We need another mega-spike to reset the uncertainty level.

Paid to be stupid. Or just a shill?

Just to save everyone from having to click on this: GM has about 65 new EV models coming out in the next 4 years, so...of course they will be the winner. :rolleyes:

Just to save everyone from having to click on this: GM has about 65 new EV models coming out in the next 4 years, so...of course they will be the winner. :rolleyes:

In 2017 they announced they had 2 new bev models coming out in the next 18 months following the bolt.

They actually introduced *checks notes* zero.

In fact 48 months later they had launched... zero. (Unless you count the Bolt EUV built on the same platform)

They finally reached 2 new ones basically last month... a few months shy of 5 years after they promised 18 months (the two being the Hummer and the Lyriq- though the first has been made in tiny #s and the second not actually delivered to any customers yet but they're at least building them).

Same time in 2017 they promised to launch -20- total new EV models by 2023.

So far they're at.... well... the 2 I mentioned... halfway through 2023.

The only measure by which GM leads the industry is in unfulfilled press releases.

65? Thought it was 650 the last time the leader Mary spoke :)

If it's really 65 new models....65 x 2000 would only mean 130k total sales over the next 4 years :)